[Request] Dark theme

Would it be possible to implement a dark theme please? Maybe have it as a preference item under your profile.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Yah plase!!

• I can't stand light themes.

• I second this.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I can a possibility for many different dark themes or even customization!

• We have time, this forum is just an hour old. Custom Avatar were added only a few minutes ago.

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

I tried to post a soon tm gif and I got a message saying I have to be around longer before I can posts links...🙄

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

I would love a dark theme for the community forums here! Niantic, what would we need to do in order for you to implement this?

• MrCathulhuMrCathulhu ✭✭✭

Rushing to get things out then adding features later seems to be a reoccurring design failure with Niantic...

• I even would appreciate a dark theme..!

• My eyes appreciate a dark theme! :P

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

please, pretty please? white theme is painful on the eyes. super bright. dark theme for the win.

guarantee more people will use the forum if it is not burning our eye sockets out to be here.

• Thanks all for your feedback about dark theme. We are looking at this.

@MrCathulhu G+ went away sooner than originally announced. We decided creating something sooner so Agents have a place to go would be better than waiting a few more weeks for another iteration on this Community.

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticScot Couldn't agree more - I think a lot of communities got "caught short" when they moved it forward 6 months.

@Korzhak they could always just pay for the enterprise version since G+ was sooooo great.

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

@CriminalBizzy Wouldn't that require giving us all <IGN>@ingress.com e-mail addresses? 😁

@Korzhak that would be kinda cool if we could all have ingress.com domain emails! 🤣

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

@CriminalBizzy They'd only have to be Google accounts, which would forward to our registered e-mail, but then it's the Google account bit which costs....

• Yes please, dark theme would be nice

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

@NianticScot Glad to see you reviewing the requests.

Think we could get a spreadsheet like the bugs and work in progress like for Prime?

I would guess by the responses here you have escalated the request for a dark theme?

or I certainly hope so! #anytimenow

• ZiemowiterZiemowiter ✭✭✭

That's a good start. I'd say that it could be also good to have a vote for all users what feature would be seen as most desired.

Ie.

-dark theme,

-country xf categories,

-landing screen with links to other Ingress stuff,

-some specific features,

-etc.

• I made a uBlock Origin filter list that will make things darker. It's extremely rough and not everything looks great, but it's better than a white background, and you can add/remove/edit entries to improve it

community.ingress.com##body:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##div:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##blockquote:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##footer.Footer:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##span:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##.BoxCategories a:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##.BoxFilter:not(.BoxBestOfFilter) a:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

community.ingress.com##.BoxCategories li.Heading:style(background:rgb(25,25,25);color:rgb(226,226,226)!important;)

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I would bump this. I know a few others have started this topic in the past as well.

I actually looked at the Vanilla forums to see if there was an easy way to switch themes and only found one plugin: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/bootstrapthemeswitchlayout-plugin

No idea if that would get us going, but I'd sure love it if this could become an option