Scrolling through Comms - Bug

Comments

• Every update, I hope for a fix. And with every update, I’m left disappointed. >:(

• Comm is still not working right in 2.37. Please fix. It make it very hard to enjoy the game...

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be fixed as it effectively disables any ability to see more than the last minute of history for areas of active play.

• This has been an issue since August... it’s now January! Will this be fixed, or is this a permanent thing now?

• I started playing last January and it was doing it then! I don't even bother looking at comm anymore. Please, please fix it.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I hope Niantic rebuild COMM and give us all information small font size REDACTED have. @NianticBrian

• Still present in v2.38.3

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

This is still an issue in 2.39.3.

Unlike fine wine, this bug is not aging well.

• I don't think this will ever be fixed :(

• Even for 'sort by distance' it would be best to always use the location when the key carousel was opened. Then the order wouldn't change.

The code also needs to cache the name and location of each key held so that it can sort them without referring to the server (It must be doing this already).

With a max of 2294 keys the sort algorithm probably doesn't matter - provided the comparisons are quick.

• Since the beginning, unfortunately, they don't pay attention about comm being functional in Prime.

It does not shows MU, Gliph AP, full name of all portals... Just big pictures to waste mobile data intentionally.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope all action we do in Prime can see in COMM and Niantic remove portal pictures. Very good comm in REDACTED all agents love. Hope we can get smaller font to and we can see full text in COMM.

• Comms is an important part of the game, and it needs to be like it was in redacted!

• I have had the same issue also. I timed it to see when it would jump back down to the bottom and it was approximately 15 seconds. COMMS just needs some work. Period. I will also get a notification on my phone that someone has @ me in COMMS or get an alert about a portal under attack, and the message won't show up in-game until 5 mins later. The portal would be dead by then unless you try to scroll through your keys and get to the charge menu in time....

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

This is still an issue in 2.43.3.

And to be clear, this issue applies to both the Alerts and Actions lists of COMM.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

It's 2.44.1 and the issue is still here... I don't want to celebrate its second birthday...

#MakeCommGreatAgain

• gmtechcagmtechca ✭✭✭

Comm seems to be working for me @1valdis. I tryed it this morning and it dont go to the bottom anymore.

• Mine still jumps when I try to scroll back. It’s definitely not fixed!

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed something about this. When someone makes a link and a field, they happen at the same moment in time. If you watch the COMM log when the periodic update happens, the order in which it displays the link and the field swaps every time there's an update.

Link created
    Control Field created

... 15 seconds later...

Control Field created
    Link created

... 15 seconds later again...

Link created
    Control Field created

• I have been playing Ingress for three and a half years. I was part of a few communities on G+ but when it died i never had much incentive to find a replacement. I did try Reddit for a while but seemed totally dominated with nomination chat which i personally couldn't give a damn about so i left that too. I had heard of this place but for some reason never tried it out. Either way i decided to come here today and login for the first time because i too am fed up with the stupid comms scroll back and i needed to vocalise that. It's quite relieving to see that i'm not the only one vocalising this. Add my name to the god damn list. We need a partition at this point i swear!

• Active Comm user here, still waiting for a fix...

• gmtechcagmtechca ✭✭✭

Comm needs to be fixed. It is real annoying when you want to look at something that happen earlier in the day. When your just about where you want to be when all of a sudden you get slam back to the bottom of the list. Please fix this!!!!!!!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Still an issue on 2.45.1-0daffbad

Also it appears that earlier activity does not load at all after some 20 screens of activity. This makes viewing activity history (one of the main functions of Comm for me) impossible from the scanner. Instead, I have to use Intel for that. Not good.

#MakeCommGreatAgain

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Just as well the code is finally in the app for this :)

FINALLY progress

• FOXlCFOXlC ✭✭

Hope they will fix it, cause this bug literally drives me crazy

• Still seems to be jumping back for me, and doesn’t go back as far as it did in Redacted.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

SOON TM - flags in code but no way to enable it YET

• They made edits in prime. Now it automatically scrolling to another end 😩 Facepalm