Thanks to all organizers

KasetohuKasetohu ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Decoding Challenges

These last 13 weeks have been a blast! I would like to thank each and every one of you for creating these challenges for us to solve!

Having done no ARG decoding before, I learned a lot during this time. Not only about various methods of obfuscation used in challenges like these, but also about Japanese puzzles, ancient languages, the Egyptian pantheon, alchemical symbols, Art Nouveau artworks, metalcore music, and so much more. I also got better at recognizing dead ends before running into them. I'm sure this is useful even outside the world of decoding challenges.

Let's keep this thread positive: I'm sure there are a lot of ways things could be done better the next time around but the individual challenge threads have already seen quite a bit of vitriol.

Organizers, thank you!

Post edited by Kasetohu on

Comments

• RTLQuietuSRTLQuietuS ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@TheHiveMind Possible for the top 10 to change by the time the next scores come in?

I only wish NIA didn't (mess) Dreamer so hard, and stuff the timings up on some of the puzzles.

Edited: to remove the word crew with an s in front. as the censor censored it to 4 characters, making it look far more vulgar then it was.

• TheHiveMindTheHiveMind ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@RTLQuietuS No, even if everyone else solved just after 09:00:00 UTC. Increasingly more movement possible, of course, further along the line.

• Thank you for these challenges I had never codified and this was the opportunity to learn and know several coding methods I looked forward to on Mondays, sometimes I did not sleep to find something, or I did not sleep until I reached the end 13 weeks of entertainment thank you very much for this opportunity

• Ahora al término deberían dar una medalla conmemorativa por la dedicación a jugar con los puzzle. Sería una buena iniciativa para a futuro más agente se unan a eventos de está magnitud

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a lot of fun with all the challenges.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

In one sense I am relieved that it's all over and I don't have to have weird schedules on Mondays any more. In another I'm disappointed that I won't have any more chances to attempt to improve my leaderboard position (though that's been unsuccessful for the last four challenges - I moved down instead of up!).

• Thanks a lot to all. All the thoughts that went into the hints without spoiling the puzzle, just great!

Very nice challenge, looking forward for more!

• TyphoonJimTyphoonJim ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I never really managed to compete mostly due to scheduling (and I started three weeks late!) but I did have the fun experience of working on Alchemist on my phone while while waiting ringside at the Westminster dog show, meeting new Australian friends through sanity checks on decodes, and solving Spiritualist while sitting by a river.

I appreciated the fact that *most* of the puzzles could at least be productively contemplated on a phone, though it isn't optimal. Overall I learned a lot and hope we do more of these.