Wayfarer Acceptance Criteria Log Outstanding Update?

Any news on a updated timeline for when this will be resolved and updated? I heard from @NianticCasey that it was going to be resolved and updated weeks ago, but still haven't seen the update go through on my end on wayfarer. Seeing some of the new responses from the form system would bring some relief to the player base that you guys are actually doing something.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of stuff that's been posted around the forum, in AMAs, and other places. For a first go at it it's going to take a lot of effort and time. I hope it's updates soon but I have no doubt Casey is working hard behind the scenes putting it together.

• MPparkSlayerMPparkSlayer ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I am starting to feel like that might happen in 2120! Niantic has had some of this for months to a couple years now. What did their own reviewers have for a list of things to approve?

• Answer ✓

I heard recently from Casey that it's definitely coming, but he's still waiting on some responses and sign off on the clarifications before it can be posted.

So Soon™

edited January 2020

@NianticCasey Can you define close? Are we a month away? Two weeks away? 6 months away? Can you guys at least put back the information that you removed that was on wayfarer in the meantime? No way to at least start some of the massive information and maybe a weekly or biweekly increase of more information?

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

And what about swimming pools that may be part of an apartment complex? AMA told us to reject, Wayfarer initially said accept but that text was removed, and we've been told to go back to the AMA.

This debate is actually causing more grief than I would have thought.

edited January 2020

Placement on swimming pools would be helpful in a response if they are still allowed. I am seeing people move portals to the center of the swimming pools. In a snow storm this could be dangerous to players walking on a in-ground swimming pool in the winter to access the portal. Would information signage be more acceptable for a location placement for swimming pools? Or should we plan more warm weather areas like Florida to have these type of submissions instead of say Montana or New York?

• Pretty sure that portals located at the center of swimming pools can be accessed from the side without having to venture into/onto the swimming pool.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Until you need to ultra strike mods off the portal, then you need to be as close to the center as possible to be effective.

• It also depends on the size of the pool in question, I'd say.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Resurfacing this because I wanted to confirm whether adding back to the Wayfarer Help "Wayspot Acceptance Criteria" - October 2019 link as well as the new January 2020 added this month was your exciting development, @NianticCasey.

Also, I made a question through PoGO Support about what makes quality Wayspots and was directed to:

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web&s=in-game-locations&f=what-makes-a-high-quality-pokestop

I made a similar question through Ingress Support and was directed to:

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/?s=wayspot-acceptance-criteria&f=eligible-wayspots&l=en&p=web & https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/?p=web&l=en&s=wayspot-acceptance-criteria

I don't mind separate links, but I'm a little concerned that the excerpt below from the PokéStop criteria could not be found on Wayfarer sites. I assume the photo applies to all reviews and reviewers. Could some extra eyes be placed at verifying everything shows up for both player bases? Much appreciated!

Photo taken from a car. I could not find an example of this on the Wayfarer website.

Thanks for the recent work on the guides!

• It's under Eligible Wayspots

Although not as prominent as in the old/pogo guidelines

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Thanks, @XQlusioN, I appreciate making sure I've seen that. I knew the wording was out there, but the visual example on the PoGO site was what struck me as different.

Bumping between all the sites, I don't think there was anything necessarily contradictory, but definitely areas with different specifics and more or less wording or pictures to better supplement the statements.

It's still a little bothersome and I hope Niantic can better align all sites.

I like that picture in the screenshot as I've seen arguments that similar pictures are acceptable since the "PokéStop disc" crops it out. It's nice to have clear visuals, when possible, to offer clarity.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Well unfortunately, even the latest update isn't helping matters as I just had a #1 rated Japanese restaurant that was featured on the state tourism website/guide rejected as a "generic business". I even mentioned the update in the supporting statement, which shows that 1) people don't actually read supporting statements, 2) they don't read the updates, and 3) hold the presumption that all businesses are categorically ineligible. @NianticCasey, I think at this point, you might as well move "generic local business" from Potentially Confusing to the Ineligible page and remove the "generic" from the discription, since reviewers think that all businesses are ineligible.