[Resolved] Intel Outage + Scanner Lag

We are currently investigating reports of Intel Map outages and Scanner lag.

Please stay tuned as we'll be sharing more information as it becomes available.

Edit: This issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience!

Post edited by NianticCasey on

Comments

• Annoyed that it's happening but happier to know its being fixed. Thanks for the update :)

• Everything wen’t fine when playing the Ingress (redacted) scanner, never had lag or other sorts of troubles for 3 years, when that one wen’t offline and we all had to start playing the redacted thingy it wen’t downhill.

a couple of times unplayable scanner with fs or fieldtest but now it seems we have lag or intel troubles every day, it seems getting worse and worse....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it lagged crazy before i had to go home due to unresponsive scanner hope U guys fix it soon.

• In my experience the old scanner never had lag, that's not completely true. It has had somedays when **** hit the fan. But not in the time sinds Prime has been around the corner, remember that everyone switched back at the field test. Players that couldnt play with the old scanner, where a bit of happy, the old scanner peeps where spreading the load a bit. Yeah, the field test was succesful in that way. It prove that the Prime scanner takes a heavy load on the servers.

Now the experience is that the game begins to lag, glyph sequences appearing slower, linking starts to bug, intel is coming to a halt. Half hour later, crash and everything is going slow, slow, or just wont load.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Old ingress had its lagging moments.

As everyone in Japan and Christchurch could attest to during Shonin, and Niantic turned off the Intel server

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime works normal after Niantic rewritten backend sever? @NianticBrian @NianticCasey

Rewritten backend sever get more speed?

• I got the error: "Error loading Ingress account data" when I opened the app

• Getting sync error when I try to deploy resonators, disappears too fast for a screenshot, will try to upload if it pop ups again

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Niantic do Rewritten backend sever now and we get slow Prime.

Way do it now when we have 2X AP and 2X Jarvis/ADA? Can Niantic give all agents more days with 2X AP and 2X Jarvis/ADA when we cant play now and lost 1-2 days.

Way dont Niantic share about rewritten backend sever on official Telegram? I hope Niantic do it soon.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

As for me i got mad Recharge lags from this morning,also my gf got "Error loading account" message and we both got enough of numberic errors.Also i've noticed VPN app helps a bit with charging (i don't know why and i know that VPN is a bit risky idea).

• Mind Controller did't count because lag 😑

• I'm able to open the game, and do some stuff. However deploying resonators or mods takes quite a long time, some I guess times out and display an error message for a very brief moment.

I did a couple of glyphs, it registered, but my hacking streak doesn't increase. Tried to reopen the stats information to trigger an update, and restarted the game. Still hasn't updated my hacking streak. Hope my hacks have been registered and it will be fixed before people will begin to lose their hacking streak as well.

• It's DNS. It's always DNS! Lmao, not really constructive, but thanks for the updates. 😁

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic is in Pacific Time Zone. So that's when they are working on the system most often. No matter what time they work on it, it will affect agents somewhere. Would you rather they worked on it overnight with one person or during the day when more people are working on the issue?

It is what it is. Just wish there would of been some foresight on doing such stuff right before the hexathon. I've made the decision to not go. I'm not going to travel 700+ miles and spend money to have a cruddy experience.

I have voted no confidence in the playability upcoming event. They might pull it off, but I'm not going to take the chance on this one. Hopefully next time.

• I agree DNS often the issue. But in this case, it could be protocol buffers. Who knows...

• I've had this in the last week but intermittently. Maybe one of the servers hasn't got the latest patch?

• You are losing your faithful players because of this kind of issue frequently appears.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Since the December update, except for occasionally grumpy things I have had a very positive experience with prime.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey Just some feedback, here in Western Australia, recharge has been laggy for months. Slow to use cubes, charge a portal and wait 20 seconds or so for it to go through. It's sometimes worse, sometimes better, but always laggy on recharge.

This is on Samsung S10. iOS users appeared to have less issues. I know this is unrelated to the current lag situation but thought would provide feedback anyway.

Cheers.

• Thanks for the update, has the root cause been identified? Do we have an ETA for a fix? Cheers