Quicker access to Passcodes + less "plugging" of Store

edited February 2020 in General

Am I the only one who finds it utterly annoying that in order to redeem a passcode in Prime, the user must not only visit the Store, but also scroll down to its very bottom while being forced to see all of the stupid items for sale?!

IMHO, Niantic should add a direct Passodes link to the main, top-level, menu. But at the very least, if leaving it in the Store (which admittedly does make some sense), at least move it to the very TOP of the Store!

Likewise, as others have also noted, Niantic should stop blatantly pushing the Store "in our face" and move it (together with Boosts, IMHO) to the END of the Items subsection of Inventory.

Comments

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you the only one? Nope, absolutely not.

• The store IS at the end of the Items subsection of Inventory. The carousel has changed to start in the middle on the resos category, with the store being on the far left of it.

Regarding the placement of the passcode section.... so you need to scroll a bit. Sheesh, so much effort. It's a non-issue, really.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

And I believe that links to the store should be in every capsule (so that you can buy stuff directly in it), and there should be a link in the weapon menu, for example, next to the attack button, put the store button so that players can quickly buy bombs. A! Exactly, the game lacks pop-ups offering to buy sets from the store, and there is no periodically pop-up ads that could be turned off for $ 9.99 per month.

• Correct: the far left of the Items subsection is indeed its "positional" start. While it is also true that the new Carousel initializes its "temporal" starting selection to the Resonators category, subsequent visits to the Carousel remember the last-visited category, with no special priority given to Resonators anymore.

At least for me, when I need to quickly reach a specific inventory category I often do a very quick swipe to the leftmost positional start, and then quickly advance to the right by a certain number of increments that I have memorized for each category (and even more importantly: for each of my capsules, carefully custom-named to create a special sort-order per my needs). And thus suddenly having to each time encounter once again the Store and Boosts categories (which I personally never use) is, for me, an annoyance.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing. Niantic needs to monetize the game for the sake of the game's future and hiding the store because it annoys you isn't going to help make sales. It's not hurting anything by being on the carousel.

• I don't think the Store belongs to the inventory carousel at all. Keep it separate from the inventory, in there it's just clutter which is an annoyance. Tyvm in advance 😉

• Scrolling past paid items to get to free items is the least of my worries in this game.

• I honestly don't have a problem with the set up. An extra number of seconds to tap and scroll really don't bother me. It hasn't affected my game play or experience.

• Likewise, as others have also noted, Niantic should stop blatantly pushing the Store "in our face" and move it (together with Boosts, IMHO) to the END of the Items subsection of Inventory.

When you're paying them a subscription to play the game, you can complain about them trying to actually afford to run the game. Till then, this arrogance to believe that Niantic should just give us a game for free forever, is not only self-destructive, but nonsensical.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

There's currently no subscription in place, so cool your jets on the argument.

• Or maybe you could think about what I said instead of kneejerking.

You don't pay anything for the product right now, so they're going to put that store front and center, or we're going to lose the game entirely. Yes, there is no subscription. Which is why people need to stop complaining that Niantic is trying to afford their product. That's what "Till then" means.

You're the one giving a knee-**** reaction because how dare criticism be mentioned when people don't "pay anything for the product" when:

• Criticism can be valid regardless of providing cost to it
    • As a community, there's people who have provided various amounts of time, energy, and money to Ingress - it's very unfair to put funding as the top importance when a community has an everlasting contribution.
    • The store that is forefront in the scanner is different than the main landing page. It's confusing when it shouldn't be. Like right now, the carousel could highlight the limited time packs but it defaults to the nano packs.
  • You can provide criticism all you like. You're entitled to your opinion. What you're not entitled to, is instant acceptance, or only favorable responses.

You can complain that it's "Unfair" to put funding as the top importance, but good will and hope don't pay for server infrastructure. If you want Ingress to survive in the face of shareholders asking why it's bleeding all their profits away... you have to be willing to help pay for it.

This incessant claim that "Ingress is worth all the losses" was valid... five years ago. We've had a free run on the profits generated by PoGo since Niantic became its own company, but the gravy train is over. Wayfarer allows PoGo to make all the POIs itself. So Ingress provides no real benefit alone and a significant cost.

If you don't like the concept of having to pay for a product, there are plenty of other games out there to dislike, once Ingress is cancelled.

If you don't like the concept of having to pay for a product

Who even said this? There is no subscription model for Prime right now. I have been buying the FS loadout packs all the time.

I understand you have a great mindset about Prime but you really need to be more level headed on any criticism mentioned.