Allow agents to earn CMU by playing daily

I think that a good way to balance out the price increases in the store would be to allow agents to earn CMU through regular gameplay. The suggestion I have is to give 1 CMU per portal deployed on every 12 hours. This would hopefully even out between rural and city players as well, as rural players tend to hold portals for longer, while having less of them, and a city player, while having access to more portals, will need to hold a portal for 12 hours to get a reward, which can be difficult with active opposition. I would love to hear the Ingress team's thoughts on this idea.

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would get Niantic so sued. Once they start ascribing monetary value to "work" (instead of play), they have to start worrying about labor laws. Some "worker" complains they can't get earn enough CMU in a hour to match minimum wage, and Niantic has to start explaining stuff to labor lawyers.

Odd as it may seem, there are more legal risks with "paid volunteers" than there are with "just a bunch of suckers doing the work for free."

• I dunno if holding a portal for 12 hours is such a smart move. It opens up the game to deny the 12h portal hold.

A different method may be linked to km walked as this can be done rural and in city. Or with sojeurner where every 10th day gives 10 CMU.

Dunno if these would work well though

• Good idea for gaining CMU but it should be for a longer period, like 1 week.

Or 10CMU for a month.

and there should be a special mod, like CMU extractor or something, which is as rare as quantum capsules.

• slipsecslipsec ✭✭✭

"Earning" CMU is not a terrible idea.

Maybe CMU rewarded for operations, CMU for event POC, or other things that foster community involvement. There's some interesting "cash back" mechanics that could be played here where some CMU could be returned for meet-ups or other community activities in some form when they gather to farm, build, smash, or whatever -- details could be sorted out later. I'd really like to see this tied to some sort of community activity rather than something solitary like OPR. It's harder and harder to get boots for anything these days and portals keep going grey.

• Or you could have a special mod that would “collect” chaotic matter from the environment and give you and any other agents who deployed resonators/mods the CMU after someone neutralized the portal.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I did ask this in the AMA, to perhaps be in line with Sojourner hacking

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I think daily tasks with item and CMU rewards will be added like the other games.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I suggest this,

Every 100 portals neutralized, 1~5 CMU discharges from the portal network

Every 100 portals online, 1~5 CMU discharges from the portal network

It's not much but over time it can add up

• Retroactively 👍 I'm rich! 😁

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope we get free CMU when we use adventure sync from Pokémon GO when Prime get it.

• Is Adventure Sync in Ingress something that was stated somewhere? Or is this just wishful thinking?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just thinking about how many secondary account and bags certain people would create to earn money and them drop the items to their main. It's almost like to what's happens in pogo.

The main things purchased in the store can't be dropped.

All games from Niantic get Adventure sync from Pokémon GO. Hank say it.

• CMU as a reward for daily/weekly challenges or taks, like in the other games

Also, CMU as a reward in the Restocking portal of First Saturday

If CMU is part of the restocking reward at FS, it should only be for those who hacked the registration portal and made 5000 AP (or even a higher threshold), not just for anyone who turns up.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

A button for "Watch a 60 second ad for free mu"

"scan your receipt from sponsor abc for free cmu"

You don't have to drop a Fracker. Just deploy it with a secondary account to a portal your primary account is hacking.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

As for me it's a good idea whilst ingame shop isn't selling VR or tons of L8 xmp/us. Because free CMU can theoretically break balance even more than ITOEN- did. I actually don't like "daily" quests as in HPWU and "daily's" at all,but (again) whlie the most imbalance item can be a keylocker(if it will be for free),then why not gain some small amount CMU for "daily"(kinda Sojourner/Guardian upgrade),or as said before for an wayfarer/submission participation.And a little chance to participate one RR for free :)

And,of course,no CMU transfer(in any kind of it),never,to prevent multiaccount CMU gain.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

That's why CMU amount should be low.Imagine having ten mules and "earning" Fracker for a month(two,three...).It's a pain-in-**** not worth for time spent on it.

And,fracker installation is seen in comm,so if L1 unknown Agent deploys a Fracker on L8 portal,and then another L1 does the same - easy to guess (look who owns that portal and others in nearby,for an example) who's the bad actor and report that.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

That's why CMU amount should be low.Imagine having ten mules and "earning" Fracker for a month(two,three...).It's a headache not worth for time spent on it.

And,fracker installation is seen in comm,so if L1 unknown Agent deploys a Fracker on L8 portal,and then another L1 does the same - easy to guess (look who owns that portal and others in nearby,for an example) who's the bad actor and report that.

In Pokémon GO and Harry Potter we earn free money. Best way for Ingress Prime are use Adventure sync to get free we cant never drop CMU to other accouts. More like to go every week. I dont need use Adventure sync for my trekker i have onyx.

If they start giving free CMU that will also mean complete change in the whole store, with new prices for everything and some items there will probably be blocked and able to buy only with real money directly, or introduce two monetary systems like many games do (free, that you earn from playing, and one only buyable).

Is that what you guys want?

It's either that or give a ridiculously low amount, like 10cmu daily, that would require like a year to be able guy a tracker or keylocker.

Not need block. They earn money when agents use Adventure sync and sell data and track more easy get more data. Only trekker more few use it. Way we need it if we only have onyx on trekker? If we get free CMU i use it direct.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic doesn't sell information on player activity and so doesn't earn any money from that. This false idea has to die for good.

edited February 2020

And what use it have that someone would buy it? Who want to know how many circles I do arround a park?