Warning: Nomination Just took 2 "Nomination Credits" & Received 2 confirmation emails. (INGRESS)

Good Morning,

Just made a single nomination and it took 2 of my nomination points and I received 2 emails confirming my nomination. This nomination was made in the Ingress App.

Also seeing multiple reports on Reddit as well. Just be careful with submissions.

Tagged:

Comments

• Did your submission initially fail? (Got a timeout error?)

Or was it ok the first time (and still done twice?)

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

It initially failed. So this is likely the cause, seeing others reporting as well.

Got lucky it was only twice mine are notorious for failing 3-5 times.

• I submitted 8 this morning but received 10 emails and have only 4 available nominations remaining.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Happened with me too 😮

Luckily I'm out of more thing to submit for a while.

• Happende me too yesterday, it did stuck and then hit send again. This has happened several times, almost on every nomination so i did it the same way but this time I got 2 emails

• Happened to me twice now.

no submission failure.

two submission emails, two submission credits used and two submissions appeared in wayfarer

• Same with me.

I wonder if we will get our submits back.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I think 2.40.1 have the bug. I dont see agents write about it before 2.40.1 relese.

• The red error message doesn't seem go mean anything. The nomination may go through despite the error message and deduct one nomination.

I just got the error and noticed that no nominations were deducted so I assumed that something was fixed. However after the next nomination was succesful, also the previous one was deducted. Also got e-mails from both and they are in Wayfarer.

I've lost a total of 4-5 nominations due to this bug now. Also one nomination has disappeared completely but it also did deduct one nomination.

• I've had this too, I just exited after nominating it once and it worked fine. Just ignore the "failed message"

• This happened to me as well. I should have checked my email instead of relying on Wayfarer to update my nominations in a timely manner.

• I lost all (6-8) nominations with no email and no update in Wayfarer :(

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Just had this happen to me as well. Submitted a few yesterday in Prime just fine, tried today and got a double.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmed:

I submitted, and did not get to the final "Done" screen, just to the "Exit/Confirm" screen. I waited it out.

I got the submission confirmation mail, and so just pressed the "Exit" button. I've now checked the Wayfarer site, and my submission is there, and my submission count has decreased.

@NianticCasey This has been happening with the previous version of Prime as well as the most recent edition from a few days ago. If you can make certain that the correct internal team is working on it please? Bonus points if you can get them to eliminate any identical submissions and re-credit players for lost submission slots.

In the meantime everybody else, it's gonna be rough for a while... it's basically impossible to tell the difference between "dangit my internet timed out and I have to resubmit" and "this bug sucks and I DON'T have to resubmit but I also don't know how long I might have to wait for my email confirmation that may or may not get lost anyway".

• I have lost 4 nominations to this fault

1 had a photo timeout error.

The rest went through 1st time but when I looked on wayfarer they had been submitted twice

• I have lost 3 due to this glitch. I had to withdraw the duplicates from Wayfarer.

Thank you for bringing this issue to them and extra thanks for requesting the submission reimbursement.

• Same bug happens to me.

Wish the credits will return.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Had the first one happen to me.

I hit submit, I looked away for a sec, pulled up Wayfarer and had the nomination listed twice.

• I got the error message but waited for e-mail then closed out Ingress. Only one nomination credit taken and only one nomination on list.

• I got some noms back, and tried one: Error message still there, but this time i exited, and the mail came through. A few minutes later, it was also in Wayfarer.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey Last week attempting to Submit from my PoGo account resulted in the submission erroring out. This morning I finally got 7 emails and 7 submissions were created.

Watch the upgraded one be the 3rd to finish voting.

• SF88SF88 ✭✭
    edited February 2020

I'm not the only one then @NianticCasey it's multiple bugs, double submit, red error box. ( Getting error submit multiple times on wayfarer aswell )

I'm now seeing multiple of the same reviews on wayfarer, I'm assuming that people's upgrades are being wasted on the red error box bug and double submit bugs.

I appreciate you talking to wayfarer team please it's a big mess at present all the best in getting it fixed and getting our submits back.

• @AgentB0ss same with me !

• I submitted 5 portals last Thursday. First 2 were fine but the 3rd one I had 3 submission emails for it (and those ones are in my Wayfarer nominations).

i tried to do another 2 nominations and they used up all my final 9 submissions but I haven’t received any emails for those and they aren’t in my nominations but I don’t have any nominations remaining.

i tried contacting Niantic support on Thursday but had no reply

@NianticCasey what needs to happen for these nominations to enter wayfarer or for me to get the submissions back so I can submit again

• Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience. I'm still working with the Wayfarer team to track down exactly what's going on here.

• I had this happen for one submission 3 times too. Each one involved an error on the submission screen, and resubmitting by simply hitting submit again.

• Hi folks,

Quick update: I just got confirmation from the Wayfarer team that they're working on a fix to resolve this issue impacting your nominations. I'm also pushing to see what can be done for those nominations that were "sacrificed" as a result of this bug. I don't have a specific resolution timeline but they know that this is a significant blocker to new nominations. I'll provide more info as soon as I have it.