Ingress 2.40.1 Release Notes

Comments

• Why did they move the store to the front?

Reminds me of the annoying floating portal boxes, that only go away if you open a mission. No one wants this.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Way we get all items if we only select wepons and click on manage? I hope Niantic fix we only see items we select when we use manage. See both wepons and resenators even if i select wepons. Works before 2.40.1

• First off, having the hack use all 3 slots was the feature I didn't know I needed until you gave it to us. Bravo.

Secondly, it is still saying I need XM when I have plenty.

Otherwise, well done!!!

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to learn how to be clearer with yours statements. And also provide screenshot of what you're talking about.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the inventory now opens at the place where you last left (or in the middle when opening the first time after restart of the Scanner).

So, the most left position is actually at the end of scrolling (coming from the middle)

• "Portal visuals on map screen are larger on both oblique and top-down views to make them easier to view"

Hurray! Glad this is here now I'm starting to play in daylight again.

"Tap disambiguation screen shows portals"

...but not keys? I'm finding it much harder to pick up keys near portals (the ones that fall out when destroying links). When I try from top-down view, it consistently goes into the portal view, instead of disambiguation view. I have to zoom in really close before I can tap on the key.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticOfficial

Bugfix: Fixed insufficient XM error when XM is available

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding this fix, but I’m still running into situations where I have enough XM to recharge a portal, at least partially, and yet I’m told that I “Need more XM”:

[N.B. Agent names have been redacted for privacy.]

This screenshot also illustrates that the portal in question is not always visible when remotely recharging it.

• This is a translation in French of the article posted on Friday February 14th 2020 by NianticOfficial.

Ceci est une traduction en français de l'article posté vendredi 14 février par NianticOfficial.

Notes de mise à jour Ingress 2.40.1

Nous commençons le déploiement de Ingress 2.40.1. Cette version contient l_e_s changements suivants :

Interface graphique

1. Sur la carte, l_e_s portails sont désormais plus grands, à la fois dans la vue hélicoptère et dans la vue satellite.
    2. L'animation affichant l_e_s items obtenus par hack utilise désormais l_e_s trois emplacements verticaux à gauche de la carte, ce qui rend l'affichage de l'ensemble plus rapide.
    3. Dans le profil d'agent, il y a un nouvel écran montrant l_e_s médailles de mission.
    4. Dans l_e_s carrousels de cube de puissance, de déploiement et d'attaque, il y a un nouveau bouton (i) permettant aux nouvelles recrues de lire des informations utiles.
    5. Sur la carte, un nouvel écran permettant de choisir un portail dans le cas de portails rapprochés.

Expérience utilisateur (voir copie d'écran en fin de message)

• Le carrousel de l'inventaire est maintenant réparti en moins de catégories :
      • Résonateurs,
      • Armes,
      • Cubes,
      • Mods,
      • Media,
      • Capsules,
      • Capsules Clé,
      • Boosts (Fissurateurs de portail et Beacon),
      • Magasin
    • Le carrousel de l'inventaire change l'ordre des catégories :
      • Désormais c'est -4, 0, +4 (contre 0, +14 auparavant).
      • Le carrousel commence en position 0 (par défaut, l_e_s résonateurs) puis se souvient de la dernière catégorie regardée.
      • L_e_s catégories que l'Agent utilise le plus sont situées de part et d'autre de la position 0.
      • L_e_s catégories l_e_s moins utilisées sont placées plus loin de part et d'autre de la position 0.
    • L'écran de gestion en masse de l'inventaire a aussi diminué le nombre de catégories pour les armes et mods :
      • Catégorie Armes : XMP, Frappe Ultra, Refactor
      • Catégorie Mods : défensifs, offensifs, hacking, liens

Correctifs de bogue :

1. Correction du bug "XM insuffisante" indiqué à tort.
    2. L'efficacité d'une recharge est plus explicite quand l_e_s agents sont au delà de la distance maximale accessible.
    3. La toupie d'attente disparaît quand le chargement des médaill_e_s de mission est fini.
    4. Sur Android, correction d'un bug lors de l'achat dans le magasin au sein de l'appli.

Problèmes répertoriés dans cette version :

• Interface graphique : L_e_s objets Média sur l'écran de gestion sont affichés avec des vignettes génériques et pas avec la vignette dédiée.

Expérience utilisateur : trois copies d'écran.

• It doesn't work right on my phone. It's starts with the store...

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't always start where you left off in the new build. Maybe the same category (some of the time), but def. not same item (or capsule).

Yeah, still broken. Even more annoying now than it was before. I'm seeing it with a quarter of my xm left, and it says I can't do anything that it needs more xm (basically all in game actions).

Also when I run into the need more xm issue, I often get a pinkish/reddish ring and I can't do anything for a while, like it puts me in time out. Most of the time when this happens, I simply restart the app, because that is faster than waiting for the scanner to remember it should be working.

• Well...

Again it seems that even though I can update to the latest app build of 2.40.1 from the Google play store successfully..this build still doesn't have a solution or fix that I've asked for/waiting for since December 2019 so well done @NianticOfficial @NianticBrian @NianticCasey @ofer2 @NianticKN and probably loads of others I don't know if anyone would like to add to this list just quote and tag the appropriate username.

I'm using genuine Android One (Ver 10) Software & my device is locked by default to my network provider so it's highly doubtful that the Niantic security measures are being triggered..however still the main menus and boot up screens load fine after asking for my main Ingress Google Account sign on but that's it the rest of the app goes pearshaped from then on...no globe animations/audio while looking for my location/no map data/no menu's/no fancy graphics or visuals to drain my battery just a black screen with 2 mission bubble style portal boxes overlapped on the screen for 2 nearby portals to my location.

See the latest update video with the latest build number here:- https://youtu.be/iGboTIkx3Ek

If we can find out what's causing my issue on a per file basis then maybe we can prevent my issue from showing up again by then applying a fix to the future build...it's probably something so simple To a developer so I really can't see why they won't work with the declining player base to cover any and all issues going forward.

This is more of a priority than the un-needed feature updates that they seem to be applying that people are not asking for...fix the game stability before giving us new things to play with and test for there other games.

• Did the map vendor / version change recently? The maps of my area look old and are missing roads and features that used to be shown (up to a week or so ago).

Device: Samsung S8+

Ingress version: 2.40.1-8f435e49

• The app is constantly evolving and changing..but that's a good point..map data being old or from a different vendor could be causing issues.

• oldWalker59oldWalker59 ✭✭
    edited February 2020

I looked at the map on my device up against the Ingress Intel Map on my PC and the maps are not the same. The details on my device look about 2 years old. Maybe older.

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried asking support? Thats how these issues usually make their way to us. From the video it looks like a bandwidth issue, but could you tap the screen with four fingers (this should copy the debug logs to the clipboard) and then paste them. That may provide more insight to what the problem is. Its hard to figure out problems like this when someone just says "something doesnt work."

• Totally agree. Now that I finally figured out how to easily switch to needed items, they reverse the order 😠

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

[not sure what happened to my first response to this, i can't find it now. sigh I'll try again]

Yep, cars are weapons. This is why we have tests and licenses. We don't want just anyone driving around public spaces and endangering the lives of innocent people. Government roads, government rules. If you want to use the roads, you have to obey the rules.

Yep, potatoes are "drugs", in the sense they're made of chemicals just like any other drug. They're not "pure" in the sense we usually think of drug purity. What's your point? What does this have to do with TWRP being used to spoof?

"Puddles are terrorists"??? You mean, like, they strap bombs to their chests and go out and blow up airplanes, that kind of terrorist? You might have a valid argument... if you made any sense at all.

It's telling at this point that you've resorted to name calling. If you knew me at all, you would know that i am not a child. If your argument held any weight, you would not need to resort to name calling and ad hominem attacks.

TWRP is used by spoofers. We don't want spoofers. Therefore, we don't want TWRP.

Niantic's game, Niantic's rules. If you want to use the game, you have to obey the rules.

• I'm sure the guy who drove thru the protesters in Charlottesville was licensed. And so were lots and lots drivers committing deadly hit-and-runs. I mean cars have legit purposes, too, but... Maybe better to ban them...

One thing you are right about, though, is that Niantic makes the rules. But this is what we do here - voice our concerns, whether it's about totally legit software that can be used for bad purposes, or stupid rules about what can and can't be portals, or some other stuff, hoping that there will be changes.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@GorillaSapiens

TWRP is used by spoofers. We don't want spoofers. Therefore, we don't want TWRP.

By that logic, lets throw IOS out the door then! Majority of people spoofing are using tools for IOS that don't even require jailbreaking it. Then again, if they could just figure out how to do proper speed checking / location checking (oh wait you flew around the world in 20 min?) it would help some. More than randomly blocking apps that are used by those that who aren't trying to spoof.

• I don't need to know you. I just need what you write. It represents your knowledge of the world around you and the rules that govern the world. It's mega sad.

Unless you're a spoofing app developer and you're happy to see how many kids will buy your app.) 

I'm the opposite of a spoofing app. Too many actions have been spoiled by the spoofers on the opposite side of the game by a simple malice. But I know that there are effective ways to solve this problem. Niantic prefers to ignore them because they make money with spoofers. This can be seen especially in PoGo, where when kids with spoofers break under GYM, they suddenly buy materials to have any chance. That's why I quit playing PoGo. The Niantic calls ended the same way "We won't do anything, but we won't tell you because of our GDPR". 

Anyway, see the conversation as I started to squeeze to fix the bug suddenly any contact stopped with Niantic. That doesn't surprise me. The last one who had a heart for Ingress was Krug, but he quit his job because he didn't see any chance for community development. The rest? It's just a job. Just hitting the clock and going home.

Also, for my part, it's more of a cry for normality in Ingress that I know will be ignored, like all the other things that could get the game going.

I only pity people like you. Who aren't fighting for a better tomorrow, to make the game more fun. They just **** like that pelican fish information that new avatar icons have been added. Because for billions of people in the world waited with running Ingress for new icons ;) 

As for the rules of Nianticu you are 100% right, only that you forget about other rules. Technical support disappeared, no contact with the team. They work completely detached from the real world. So I am in favour of following the rules, but let them follow them too.

And if they have a problem with that, let the CEO write honestly when the game closes.

• LOL. TWRP is a Custom Recovery. Don't talk about things you know nothing about ;)

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Yes as I mentioned on my original post link here

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/7937/bug-ingress-prime-has-undergone-a-memory-wipe

that has been viewed several times but only traditional answers to my post from other users and nothing from official staff despite them being tagged several times

I have been in touch via the ingress website and live support button but no matter how much detail I give you I always get stupid scripted answers back that just don't inspire any faith even after I ask whoever responds NOT to use scripted answers and they still do it...then they respond again that "this is not a widespread issue and no one else is reporting it so it's not a priority" style response yet any issue should be a priority related to your scanner software and the playerbases loyalty.

After your suggestion about trying the "4 finger tap on the screen to create debug logs to the clipboard" I tried a few different ways to do anything but no messages have come up to say anything has been copied to a clipboard or a debug log file has been created from the app so either I'm doing it wrong or this issue is blocking that as well.but you did give me a tiny bit of hope for a short moment which is more that support have been giving me since December 2019 and we are now almost into march 2020.

I've also tried on both WiFi & my 4G connection at different times and days but this is always the same result...the quality of the video is down to YouTube's encoding..it was recorded in Full HD 1080p but then downscaled upon upload.

Any other suggestions are welcome if your willing to continue to advise.

I would like to be able to fix this issue with the developers so it can be patched into a future version to avoid this happening again for anyone or at least add to a list of possible solutions that support can advise and make them more helpful.

Also I had a portal attack alert today from a random user I haven't heard or seen of on the battlefield before who took down my final portal that was being maintained by another user on my side who I believe is a founder/vanguard and that I have met in person only briefly so I know parts of the software are working correctly (including someone sending a Direct Comms message to me and receiving a push notification) and im not disputing that "everything's not working" just the getting back into the scanner and map by loading it fully..something's changed in the build to cause this prior to the umbra update version as I never experienced this issue prior to that.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Have GPS drift to. I hope Niantic fix it soon and work hard with Prime. 100% bug in Prime not agents phone.

Here you can see more agents have problem with GPS drift and you can post.

Post edited by jontebula on
  • 40 updates, and the compass still doesnt work for me.

• 40 updates and still you are the ONLY one complaining about having this bug.

I'm sure it's on their Todo list, it just isn't high up there