Ingress 2.40.1 Release Notes

Comments

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

2.93.3 and here's us waiting for 2.40.1 wow the future future updates can't be any more stable than what we have in 2.39.3 😁😉😁 how come the iphone users have the far future updates and Android Users are left in the past.

• Very big thanks on the visual updates. Portals are much easier to see on screen now!

Keep up the great work!

Also love how the mission medals open in a different page!

• Hey guys, it just appeared to me to download :)

so far so goooood 👌🏼

• We should be able to bookmark keys...

Besides, where is Seer medal?! The real work to be done is not revewing from the couch, is going out there, in dangerous places some times just to increase the portal network, that's the real job, and that's why we should be awarded, #SeerMedalNow!

• Still can't play the game, get a terms of service screen that I can't accept. Reaching out to Kotaku now. Enjoy

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant see no different on portals on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ not bigger and more easy to see. I hope Niantic fix it soon for S10+ same size now. @NianticBrian

• Yeah, i agree it was unnecessary and annoying. Those store package items doesn’t even are good to really worth buying it. I prefer go to the store and buy another one.

• Bugfix: Fixed insufficient XM error when XM is available

Portals not are bigger for me on S10+ same bad size. Please fix the issues soon for S10 and all phones with very high resolution.

• Make sure you're using the 2.40 version. I'm using IOS device but also with high resolution and it's totally fine.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope we could get an option to sort the keys alphabetically by name.

(Any sorting method that depends on game status of the portals is not going to happen in the near future - the scanner doesn't even know the game status of most portals for which you have keys until you scroll past them.)

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

THERE IS NO TWRP BUG.

TWRP is a spoofing tool.

Don't believe me? Google 'TWRP spoof Pokemon'

• MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

New update looks...good?

The shorter carousel is easier to navigate inventory. The neutral portals are obvious and easy to see. The remote view shows the mods now. This is all good stuff.

Haven't played it much to test the stability, but so far, so good!

Yes, TWRP can be used to back up and restore your phone. I never said otherwise.

However, it is ALSO a tool used for spoofing. Don't believe me? Google 'TWRP spoof Pokemon'

Niantic's handling of TWRP is not a "bug". It is intentional behavior to thwart spoofing, and it is working as designed.

The Ingress community does not want spoofers.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Twrp is not and spoofing tool, it stands for Team Win Recovery Project, its a custom recovery program.

However you're also correct there is no TWRP bug, as Niantic TOS says

" Apps may not work on devices that Niantic detects or reasonably suspects to be cheating, and Niantic will not provide support to players who attempt to cheat. You agree that Niantic may employ any lawful mechanisms to detect and respond to cheating, fraud, and other behavior prohibited under these Terms, including checking your device for the existence of exploits or hacking and/or unauthorized software. Please see the Guidelines and our Privacy Policy for more information. "

They are quite within their right to disallow players who have TWRP installed as its not official factory installed software and we all agree to the above when playing ingress

The issue is actually about how Ingress detects TWRP and if its done using official permissions.

Saying "TWRP is not a spoofing tool" is like saying "a hammer is not a bludgeoning tool, it is designed for driving nails into wood" when I can clearly find guides on the internet explaining how to hit someone upside the head with a hammer.

You are correct to point out, in short, "Niantic gets to make the rules".

But don't be so naive as to think that people aren't using it to spoof when you can find step by step guides on how to do it.

Re: larger portals.

Yay! we can see them now. We've been asking for this since day 1.

Now please fix all your text contrast issues, they still violate WCAG accessibility guidelines.

• I would love to see a sort option by faction. That way I can delete keys I cant link to because owned currently by opposing faction.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Since day 1 I had no issues with portal sizing, if anything, portals now look like tuft of cotton candy, more than an actual XM portal

• Pandzior88Pandzior88 ✭✭
    edited February 2020

@GorillaSapiens

Using your logic:

Every car is a w*e*a*p*o*n* because people can die in an accident.

Every potato is a drug because people get **** from fries.

Every puddle is a terrorist because people drown in lakes...

I'm really sorry, but I have a feeling that you're a young child who still doesn't know much about life, has read some information on a tic tac and feels like a master of the world. I have some bad news for you. You're just making fun of yourself.

*Bad interesting censorship on community. Few words is on a black list so block answers...

edited February 2020

Niantic dont update to more high detail on portals when they make portals bigger. Now i feel portals are more blurry. I hope we can get more high detail on portals for high end phones and new better design on portals. The new desing of portals looks more bad in detail and now more hard to see if portals have shields when animation for shild are more weak. I hope Niantic update detail for portals and more strong visit sheald animation to next update 2.41

Post edited by jontebula on
  • HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I got the update today I have to say that I don't see the portals changes as a upgrade. Everything else, yes, but how portals looks now actually feels worse to me. It might be great for those who were facing problems and barely seeing then (problaby for devices incompatible), but now those who were already experiencing it fine might be suffering as well.

Before they looked alive, like a smoke cloud going up, but now are just a bushy blinding white. As someone said, looks like cotton candy.

Also, the shields looks less visible now. They were way more visible before.

I'de like to leave a suggestion, and instead of only changing colors between factions and neutrals, but also add different textures to it. Like enlightened looking more pointing and with Sparks over it (like a super Saiyan) and Resistance being more squared with some tech effect over it (like a matrix/Tron) thing. And neutrals just being the bland white pillar as always. This will not only look cooler, but also help people with color blind and other visual disabilities.

Post edited by Hydracyan on

I agree with you fully. I hope Niantic work with the design of portals and give high end mobile more high detail on portals.