13 Archetypes: Alchemist

1789101113»

Comments

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

The key for the cryptobin is the passcode for the media for the Alchemist challenge. @ReaperNo1

• RiktigFeilRiktigFeil ✭✭
    edited February 2020

This week was fiendish! One of my favorites after life, explorer and skeptic. Started late, got it at page 5 and still took me 3 days. I wasted so much time on octals because the hints insisted that a method was related to how many metals and NOTHING that seemed relevant came up when searching for seven so I thought it must be 1-7+0 =8. Finally it turned out that the obscure 7 hit was right, and that I had transcribed several numbers wrong (so many scribbly notes). Granted, I would have spent less time on this if I just read on in hints every second I did not have progress but I like to really try out all hunches before reading on. At step 4 several online tools saying they were doing the same thing produced nothing, I was gearing up to go to a computer with PhotoShop, then suddenly a late try down the searchlist said CONGRATULATIONS black on grey. Now only 2 days to next challenge o_0

@NineBerry The chef can't serve me anything edible, may be a problem only for me. But I learned that the kitchen has so many recipes I had no idea :D

Post edited by RiktigFeil on
  • I'm stuck on stage 2. I know what the symbols are, but I'm uncertain how the repetition figures into it. I've seen the hints about classic displays and I'm ready for that, if I can only work out how to format the input right. The crazy part is that a one point, I got ASCII of the alphabetical range for values, but that didn't work. I hope this can still be solved after the next one is released. I fell behind this week with non-Ingress stuff taking up a lot of my time.

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

@RiktigFeil do you mean Humanist?

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

@Perkk yes, it can still be solved anytime after the next one is released. it's only a race for those competing for the public leaderboards. if you need any help, please feel free to telegram me. my username is teresakh. i'm still helping others on previous challenges :)

• Thank you! I got unstuck, working it, but I may keep your name handy just in case. I cold contacted another player to get a hint to unstuck, thank you to them too! (don't know if they wanted to be identified)

• I did actually work out a way to decode the 4th Stage picture using CyberChef, pretty easy actually :-)

https://cryptobin.co/y8r2n870 - use final passcode

• Got it. Thanks for all the hints.

That probably took me 4 hours, even with all the hints...

• ENL