2.40.1: new "shut up and take my money" item carousel

PtichkaShuuPtichkaShuu ✭✭
edited February 2020 in General

Upd. This was a "first boot after update" bug, I shall close the discussion.

Niantic,

You have stated in last release notes, that the item carousel shall be more user friendly, being automatically sorted by more often used items.

What do we see in fact.

The pack for CMU is the first one, when I open the inventory. Frackers/beacons are next. Then key capsules. Maybe I use key capsules often, that's right, but no, I have never bought a single payed pack of stuff! Why the hell put it onto the first place, killing the whole idea of usable sorting? Do you want more missclicks and purchases by mistake? More frackers to be mistakenly used, an then bought again?

Yeah, right, I understand that you are badly in need of money, but this kind of little cunning frustrating measures will eventually destroy Ingress forever.

Post edited by PtichkaShuu on

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this looks totally wrong.. they changed something 98% users hardly will use to the first? for me i wanted it all the way back.... what is this madness ???

• MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I'm confused.

Yes it is first on the carousel but they also changed it so the carousel starts in the middle (or the category you last viewed) so on mine it's one of the furthest away and most of the time out of view.

UX: Inventory carousel updated to -4, 0, +4 layout (versus previous 0, +14 layout). Inventory carousel starts at 0 position (Resonators) by default, then remembers last viewed inventory category. Items that agents access most often are located closest to default 0 position (swipe left or swipe right). Items agents access less often are located furthest from default 0 position

Edit: added release note

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Its supposed to be starting in the middle, not left. File is probably reading old cache, and starting as used to do. Clean your cache files and try.

• As other have mentioned yours is not displaying it correctly. Try re-installing the app. But I still agree with your "GIVE US YOUR MONEYZ, NOW!" approach to this update as it's very annoying first of all and two the stuff is O V E R P R I C E D and not even something you want to buy on ever boot of the game.

The only good thing to buy (in my opinion) were medals and these new avatars and perhaps frackers (when on a meetup or event) buteven these are bought only once every so often and not on every freaking boot of the game.

Instead of forcing us to give them money for useless overpriced stuff they should instead offer something we REALLY want to give our hard earned money for....often like that.

Kinda /r/assholedesign if you ask me. :/

• Will pay for more key lockers. **** everything else.

edited February 2020

The only good thing to buy (in my opinion) were medals and these new avatars and perhaps frackers

@Zero1423 thats basically everything, and you forgot the keylockers. The bundles are useful sometimes during emergencies and events.

And happily they put the store on the extreme left. It's far more easy to scroll to right.

• Ugh, somehow I forgot THE BEST thing you can buy haha. Yeah bought all of them so long ago I totally forgot about them.

But yeah Key Lockers the best thing ever in shop even though it's a tiny bit "P2W" stuff.

• I didn't have this issue. My "Store" was the furthest away from the center.

Its opening at the beginning (store) sometimes. I believe it would be better if store and media change places. It's even more logical, since the medias tell the story and news about the gamelore.

• Media

lockers

capsules

resos

weapons

mods

boosters

store link button NO displaying BUNDLES In inventory carousel plz

The store window should only show the store icon, the button to enter and display the CMUs

maybe an ad to replace store logo to showcase event bundle whatever just like pogos style store part

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly dislike the capsule move to the left on the carousel. It's annoying. Let's change everything so you have to relearn muscle memory all over again. and again. and again. and...oh wait, EoL...every quit.

/rant

• edited February 2020
    1. Scroll to a different item (e.g. cubes).
    2. Exit inventory.
    3. Go back into inventory

It will show the last item, not store.

From a fresh restart, it goes into Resonators when I tap on Inventory.

I'm annoyed at having to retrain muscle memory too, but I think it'll be an improvement after I get used to it.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, everyone.

Just wanted to point out that during this Didact event I've recycled a good chunk of items several times. If you mass recycle a whole section (Weapons), carousel automatically restarts on store after exiting management menu.

Cheers :)

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @NianticBrian Update to 2.41 and remove it from inventory we dont need 2 steps to get to store. if we need or like buy we go to store from action button in map view.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I managed to recycle all my xmps I had out at least once. Sure freed up more space to glyph keys and resos tho, lol. I've almost lost a capsule or two recently. old muscle memory trying to recycle my quantum capsules..blergh

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like the store is fine the way it is. The sbula micro bundle is also a blessing. I now have more than I did before didact started.

• The carousel is great. The store is important to the survival of the game.

I barely notice it now, because I am always scrolled halfway through the inventory and it remembers my location. The issue with the store isn't prominence (or lack thereof) but that there is nothing in the store worth buying regularly.

Bring on the 100 R8s for 9,600 CMU packs!

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they'll give us store credit for doing the unpaid job of portal scanning to improve their POI database for their other games.