Scanner Tool Addendums

A nice addition to the scanner would be a "Portals Visited" option. The ability to see a listing of portals hacked and/or captured would be great. These portals displayed as a map overlay would be wonderful. Thoughts on this? What would be a function you would like to see added to your scanner?

Comments

• A Passcode direct entry function would also be helpful.

• Like you I would like a visual indication of caputured/visited/unvisited in the scanner, but also on the Intel map.

Agreed with a better passcode redemption location.

I think it would be nice to "tag" keys, so I can unload/load all keys with a certain tag. Also when you click "Manage" on the key menu to mass recycle keys, it would be nice to have the option to set a de minimis amount. E.g. I click Manage, then I can input a number, say 3. Every portal key image I click and recycle would recycle but keep 3 of each as a maxiumum (if I had 2 keys it would not recycle any). Just better key management I guess is what I'm trying to say!

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

100% agreed with already visited displaying (like the Halo of Pokemon go). It will make pioneer hunt easier and also to spot new portals in the crowd.

Suggestions:

1. Diary log, showing recent history of hacking outputs, as well as others things.

2. Research tasks, a daily to do list awarding game items and AP.

3. Favourite portals, by marking a portal as a favorite we would be able to choose to receive notifications only for them, and quick load the Portal keys under this category.

Post edited by Hydracyan on
  • TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I think the deal with iOS is because iTunes prohibits it. IIRC, the same issue exists in the iOS version of Pokemon Go.

• Not iTunes. Apple. It is a platform restriction.

• You have Apple(iX), and you have Google (android) as platform OSs, licensing software for each require leaping legal hurdles. Android platform would be improved by adding a direct to passcode entry function in place of having to scroll to the bottom of the in app store screen.