Ingress 2.40.1 Release Notes
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
edited February 2020 in Release Notes
We are starting the rollout of Ingress 2.40.1 which includes the following changes and updates:
- UI: Portal visuals on map screen are larger on both oblique and top-down views to make them easier to view
- UI: Hacked item animation loads in all three vertical slots to show hack output more quickly
- UI: New mission medal screen to view mission medals earned
- UI: New ( i ) item info button added to the bottom of power cube, deploy, attack, and portal mod carousels to aid new recruits with helpful information
- UI: Tap disambiguation screen shows portals
- UX: Inventory carousel consolidates items into fewer categories: Resonators; Weapons; Cubes; Mods; Media; Capsules; Lockers; Boosts (Portal Frackers, Beacons); Store
- UX: Inventory carousel updated to -4, 0, +4 layout (versus previous 0, +14 layout). Inventory carousel starts at 0 position (Resonators) by default, then remembers last viewed inventory category. Items that agents access most often are located closest to default 0 position (swipe left or swipe right). Items agents access less often are located furthest from default 0 position
- UX: Inventory manage screen updated to enable bulk recycling of multiple item types. Weapons category: XMP; Ultra Strike; Refactor. Mods category: Defensive, Offensive, Hacking, Linking
- Bugfix: Fixed insufficient XM error when XM is available
- Bugfix: Updated recharge efficiency to clarify when agents are out of range of recharge distance
- Bugfix: Mission medal spinner disappears when loading is done
- Bugfix: Fixed in-app Store purchasing issue on Android
Known issue in this version:
- UI: Media objects on the manage screen displays generic thumbnails, not specific thumbnails
So what about TWRP bug? Fixed?
Sorting keys by name is working?
Looks good! 👍🏻💙
When Niantic update to latest map? Ways and more lost when Niantic use more old map.
It was fixes in the Last Update and works fine.
👏 I was missing the first prime carrousel, with us and xmp together, now it came back even better!
Dont work for me in Sweden. Niantic must update A-Ö
Wow that is a huge update! Keep it up guys!
I'm just hoping that I'll be able to get back Into the scanner app with this release as I have serious work to do when this hits my play store updates.
@NianticCasey @NianticAbhishek @NianticBrian @NianticOfficial @ofer2 @NianticKali
And I suspect others with the TWRP & Inventory View problems will be hoping for the same too
Time To Go & Wait Patiently For The Update To Arrive.
Some Quality of Life improvements. That’s great!
And again arm64 is released first (that's not staged rollout, that's diffirent arch versions) and armeabi v7a will be released day-two later. Why not simply make official download page?
Isn't it controlled by the store?
I love the combining Mods categories! Excited to get the new update
Now if you could do something about loading speed. It can take up to 2 minutes to load the map and portals fully one the game opens. Not good when you are in a hurry like when stopping off to deploy before work or on lunch break. I think the animation overhead is just way too much for efficiency. No it's not my phone. I use a G7 and it loads pretty quickly on other games just not this one.
So, the flawed client-side speed-lock is still unfixed? The game still "thinks" you are at your last location miles away for an instant when the game is resumed?
I *REALLY* wish you guys would make the game behave like Redacted did - exclusively using server-side speed detection only. I am TIRED of having to close and re-launch the game itself every time I change locations, lest get toasted for 15 minutes if I should forget. This should have been fixed ages ago!
Uhh, 2 minutes? It is probably on your side. Delete the Ingress app data and clear the cache. Got my loading time from 1+ minute to ~20 seconds on my old phone doing this
This. This is still a thing, despite some people swearinng it's fixed. People are being punished for not having Ingress open constantly, and guess what happens when someone travels 10km for a gane which can't be played.
Are we going to have weekly updates ?
Apk please! :P
I dont get the update in Google Play Store! 😪
On average it's around a week from when @NianticCasey or @NianticBrian Announces it as that's how long it took to show up on my Google Play Store the last time...5 days later (Thursday Midnight).
That saying it could either be a regional thing or file verification checking that is needed by Google behind the scenes.
Does anyone on the IOS Side out of interest get it any quicker ??
2.40 isn't with me yet, but I can assure you that alphabetic sort was very much not fixed in 2.39.3.
UI: Portal visuals on map screen are larger on both oblique and top-down views to make them easier to view
This should make a lot of players, really happy, considering the overwhelming number of complaints about portals being hard to see.
Never had a problem myself, but welcome the change, nonetheless
Nooooo!!! oh my media!!!!!
I hope that the bug will be resolved as soon as possible. The presence of the media is invaluable to me.
This is just on the mass-recycle screen for Medias. If you value your medias, you are not going to mass-recycle them in the first place, right? ^^
+1 Interesting silence from niantic team....
A very big "thank you" for improved portal visibility on flat map view.
Are we getting this before didact event end? :)
This is what annoys me...the scanner screws up either at the start of an event or during & then updates roll out during an active event and lock you off from finishing an event.
Also if only one user is having issues then that's not considered as worth looking into ..but if everyone is having the same issue someone will popup asking for a bit of information and then ignore you afterwards.
Nice way in my opinion to make your user/players/agents feel there inputs are valued.
2.93.3 Scanner on iPhone is unusable.
farming in the middle of the night on my bike not possible anymore during the field challenge. Scanner unresponsive- restart does not work. I seem not to be the only one ...
what is going on.
riding home frustrated
„error to load login data „
Thanks for pointing out, I misunderstood. I do not recycle on this screen. (About 800 kinds at hand)^^