Great present to Wuhan players during the 2019-nCoV outbreak

felixonmarsfelixonmars ✭✭
edited February 2020 in General

So, I am a Wuhan Ingress player currently locked down in the city for 20 days. Today I woke up with some new emails from Niantic like:

We noticed that you are continuing to submit previously rejected Missions without fixing the violations. Your Missions 楚辞·渔父 7/18 has been rejected for the following reason: 

* The Mission has no description OR the description is identical to the Mission’s title

……

Note that any further violations can lead to the suspension of your Mission Authoring privileges or your Ingress account.

The reason is hilarious so I replied with some detailed info:

The description is part of the article while the title is name of the article, which is closely related to the

place and very famous in cultural way. I don't get how the description is "empty" while there clearly are words and they are of course not identical to the title.

To nobody's surprise they just ignored everything and just repeated some nonsense:

As per our policy, we will not be able to provide any specific information related to this warning. We have thoroughly reviewed your Missions and found that you have been violating the Ingress Terms of Service and Missions Criteria.

I just told other Wuhan players that their long-waited cultural banner missions has been abandoned since I won't resubmit any of them anymore due to being threatened by Niantic to suspend my Ingress account.

To those who want to know more about the missions I mentioned: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_F/u (remove the last slash)

Comments

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

How is it going in Wuhan? Is it true that you cannot go on streets without the permission from the authorities?

AOT: shame on you, Niantic!

• Yes for some of the communities. There are 6 confirmed cases in my community so I don't want to go out anyway :(

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the abuse notice was their boiler template message to prevent adding anything around Wuhan. I never heard of anyone getting abuse messages with missions but I want to hope it was not done in an ill manner. @NianticBrian, I'm hoping this was just an error with the automated process.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not uncommon to have the boilerplate rejection letter clearly not applicable to the mission, but this is one of the worst examples I've seen.

Maybe the mission reviewer didn't have a Chinese font installed and the description looked blank to them.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard other examples of people getting the cease-and-desist letter while resubmitting missions to try their luck again with the random-approval process of mission submission -- it's fairly common for a mission that was rejected for no obvious reason your peers can find to be accepted when resubmitted with no change or trivial change.

Maybe someday they will expand Wayfarer to mission approval...