Bro don't think, read what is a TWRP. I dont have root, Why? I use GooglePay. But i get blocked because someone in team dont know what is a TWRP....
I talk to the Wizards Unite team quite often through the help desk and it's not always the same person that follows up,however there is a supportive response there,The Pokémon Go Team however do help and give tips and are active on the updates and fixes to there broken updates,sadly the lack of active genuine support for Ingress makes people leave in there droves...I'm hanging on but I don't know for how much longer.
Support for PoGo always work. Support for WU is closed only to app. I you cant run app you can send ticket, but tickets stay with no answer.
Ingress support dont know anything, they cant help. Just say: "Send ticket".
When you say the tickets remain unanswered outside of the HP:WU App where are you sending them as I find the help desk responsive (that is if you go on a bot blasting mission to find a human bean).
I've communicated with the Ingress Team via there website and the same In App helpdesk is used and both get responses from I suspect a human nearby although they have funny names in my region and not English pronouncable to the point if I spoke there names I'd be afraid of insulting that person.
But as you have said The POGO Team do respond and act on most things quickly as I have also noticed...me however I am missing ingress Daily as I used to walk and switch apps while waiting for a portal to reset on its cooldown while getting stuff and the HP:WU & POGO Apps don't have that "we'll keep you hooked" feeling than ingress has and I started with HP:WU before wanting to know more and making the jump into the other apps...only thing I like in POGO is reclaiming Gyms when I see someone nearby has claimed one and I must turn it to my team's colour. 😁😜🤣
3 Days without fix.... Sloth speed confirmed ;)
Apparently, they do not consider this a bug. Prime should have found signs of twrp — the prime finds them.
No bug. If agents never root or never jailbreak it is work. Now time for agents understand never root or never jailbreak. Not help if agents restore the phone to normal the system detecting now you have use root or jailbreak.
I have e same problem.
No root and Android One platform....
I think is e bug or false detection.
I'd just like my working ingress app back & one off the actual app developers to work with me to narrow down my bug and then onto other bugs that have been reported...yes I know I can uninstall,/reinstall what I have on my device but with that I lose my current app data...I was hoping this update would repair what went wrong in 2.38.3 in the app files just with it doing an install/update over the top but it has retained the bug...this is different to everything you are all seeing however with your custom ROMs and Android versions on your devices...which I have no issue with as I have friends that do the same...but my device is Android One based with Android 10 installed (previously 9.0/8.0) so I guess I'm not affected as my bootloader is locked.
@NianticCasey or @NianticBrian said it could for me have been an account issue,so if that's the case then why can't I create or sign into a new account...there's something lurking that's causing the app to load all parts correctly.
It was fine prior to 2.37 and this issue wasn't present or I had never seen it or experienced it...time for a BETA Program before general public release for ALL niantic apps I think...USE US BEFORE YOU LOSE ALL OF Us NIANTIC.
I have checked my account by signing into Intel and thats fine and also another device that I can't use outside and that's ok as well so now the ball is in the "and I use this term loosely" EXPERTS Corner.
Dont cry bro :* I never root my phone. I never jailbreak them (its only for apple?) So Niantic just don't know anything about security and just block BIOS/Uefi in phone :D
I just don't think Niantic can admit to a mistake. They've changed, for them the only thing they want is money. But why be surprised? Take a look at the jailbreak commentary. Ingress used to be a game for IT people. People who were weird, but they knew about IT. Since PoGo entered the game there have been a lot of people who are completely green and try to add a curb as OPR. Niantic can do whatever he wants with these kids.
Haha your right on the "Ingress used to just be for IT People" I was told this exact thing when I mentioned my real name to a founder and they advised me there's far to many of these named people in IT that play Ingress...not another one they joked...guess what I have the IT Badge under my belt as I have worked in both sectors Mobile/Cellular Phones & I.T
So this is the reason I took to Ingress Far More Than Pogo & HP:WU but without Ingress those games won't have half the POI'S to even make them money.
Forgive me for not reading the previous posts on this item.
Installing TWRP requires either root, or unlocking your bootloader. Using TWRP allows you to install third party firmware. This firmware could be rooted or not, but it is still third party firmware that could have been altered to allow nonroot users to spoof location.
I would not be upset if Niantic's anti-cheating measures flagged this. Arguing that "TWRP is not root" is just a technicality; it could still be used to spoof.
Interesting choice - do whatever you want with your own phone or play Ingress.
I wanted to root my phone to get rid of all T-mobile сrap, but apparently it wasn't possible for my phone, so I ended up using a paid app which allowed me to do that without rooting. Still, there are many legitimate reasons to root your phone besides spoofing. And aren't there spoofing apps that don't require rooting?
Also, Niantic censors the word "сrap". Seriously?
Certainly there are legit reasons to root your phone.
But Ingress is not a "right". Niantic made the game, they get to make up the rules.
If you don't like the rules, you are free to go do something else.
TWRP not need root. Use google and brain, not only CNN bro ;)
TWRP is neccesary to change Xiaomi OS from Global to MiuiEU, MiuiIN or MiuiRU.
Still its not a root, and still you can install fake gps from google play. So why niantic dont block GooglePlay?
Sorting key by name doesn’t work again? Nice feature
I made a test with a Lenovo TB-7304F tablet. It runs on stock Android 7.0, never rooted, or custom ROM installed, because no root solution, or custom ROM is available for this model.
Ingress started and runs flawlessly. I make a 'TWRP' directory on the internal SD card, and Ingress exits with "Ingress is not supported on this device configuration" message. Then i delete the 'TWRP' directory, and Ingress runs again without problems.
@NianticBrian this needs to revised with relation to out of warranty mobiles, which are more than capable of playing ARGs with minimal frame rate losses.
And with this years mobiles expecting to reach sky high levels in pricing, many are unable to afford the upgrade, but may have to install a 3rd party OS to maintain security updates.
My S9+ has just got a 6 - 8 month reprieve from Samsung to continue supporting it, an already 2 year old device, still runs ARGs well at high frame rates, just needs a battery replacement, LineageOS with TWRP would be the only cost effective method to keep playing, when support is removed late 2020. And I don't have $2000 to just throw around on a new mobile.
Finally got the update.
I'd really like the compass rose to point north on the map in the next update. I think this would optimize the software, and it's very annoying to see something so basic as the compass working in Pokemon Go when it doesnt work in Ingress.
I've been asking for this since September.
Caliblate the compass on your phone when you have Ingress Prime open. Google Maps view how you do. We dont need same as Pokémon GO. It is Ingress Prime not Pokémon GO.
It's time for Niantic to make up his mind.
Will it improve contact with the players and fix the mistakes?
Or should we forget about the game because they are planning to delete the servers, and the Ingress programmers are being followed by monkeys borrowed from the Zoo.
At the moment it looks very weak. Correcting the lines of code is not quantum physics. Comment on the wrong function - that's what even the president's child will do ;)
But for Niantic it is black magic ;)
@NianticAbhishek @NianticAkshay @NianticAustin @NianticBC @NianticBrian @NianticCasey ?
Anyone else noticing an error when recharging portals? Not enough XM. Even though the XM bar is more than 25% full when just tapping the standard recharge button? Seeing this frequently when trying to recharge a couple of L5 portals yesterday afternoon and this morning.
Security Update from Jan 1, 2020
It has been working like this for many months. Or even from the very beginning.
Maybe you get a speedlock?
It's always been wonky. But for some reason I noticed it both yesterday and today more frequently.
Charged today a regular set of portals, like yesterday, the day before, a week ago and so on. I did not notice the difference in the appearance of the bug.
How do you know that they plan to shut down ingress?
Is Niantic planning on fixing the A-Z key sort? New update and it still doesn't hold.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when boost charging
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice. (Key jumping gives me headaches)
6. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
7. When charging portals, sometime they are not shown on the screen.
8. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map.
9. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in the area.
10. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few mile and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they suppose to.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier.
3. Can’t see own actions in comms.
4. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise
Hope Niantic and @NianticBrian fix it soon in Prime.