Prime Positivity

There's plenty of threads complaining about Prime. Let's talk about we like about it! If we don't tell Niantic what we like, in addition to what we dislike, they don't know what to focus on for the future or what to keep in future updates.

I'll start: I like the "request key/refuse key" being accessible from the main screen without entering the portal - it speeds up my AP ****. I like that the new graphics feel less cartoonish than Redacted. I like being able to **** links quickly - as an IOS user, I never had that ability before.

Tagged:

Comments

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how clean and sharp the graphics look.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved the wider map vision since the start (but I think they shrunk it a bit recently).

The fast access to cubes and fast recycle with multiselection.

• Async RPCs. I can build and link an area a lot faster now. It still feels like more work because I've got all these dendrites allocated to Redacted's UX and Prime did make some genuinely bad UX choices, but eliminating all the UI blocking on cellular RTT does speed things up on balance.

• I really wish there was even one thing about Prime that I liked. There is not.

• All-around better client assuming you have proper hardware to run it👍️

Even with some of the lingering bugs in Prime I do not miss old scanner at all.

• For me ...

The top down view is brilliant for microfielding by eye (as opposed to intel). Given that I really enjoy microfielding ... this is awesome.

The deploy, attack, destroy, recharge, etc animations in the main game view are really growing one. Okay, so they're pointless in terms of functionality, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of flash from time to time.

Easy access to power cubes never gets old.

Bulk recycling of stuff, again, never gets old. Well, there was this one time when I recycled all my level 4 resos, but best ignore that.

Now I'm used to it, there's not a lot* I miss about the old client. Yeah, there are things I'd like to see changed and improved, but overall very happy.

* Prime GPS still feels a bit unresponsive in comparison, Prime uses more battery, and XM display lacks the clarity of the old client (making predicting attacker paths around the 'hood a bit trickier).

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

Missions: I love that when you finish one mission, it automatically displays the mission list so you can find the next mission

Deploying: It's great that when you upgrade one resonator, it automatically advances to the next resonator you can upgrade, though it would be great if this worked better when 2 or more agents are upgrading the same portal

XM Bar: It's convenient to be able to quickly and easily refill your XM bar from almost any screen

Profiles: Profile Sharing as TSV is really nice for sites that help you track your stats, though I'd love to also have the screenshot option

Cosmetic: Core-Shell Avatars: I have never paid money for a cosmetic feature in a game before now, but these look super cool

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Missions: Being able to hide completed missions and sort by name.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Did someone say renaming capsules?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2.40 update is huge, I'll give them that. Portals now are much easier to see, especially neutral ones.