Suggestion to show satellite view over street view in Wayfarer

Title says it all. Show satellite view over street view, like we see in location edits. 

Recently a group of suspected PoGo spoofers uploaded a fake street view of a accepted portal, nominated it through PoGo (known by the unknown in photos and by lure modules), got accepted, and then deleted the street views. 

The results is a area full of fake portals, all duplicates of  heaven knows where. I am going to send them to the right locations for the ones i know of. Others I will appeal for removal through the community. 

To stop these happening further, I suggest to show the satellite view first. Showing the street view first leads to foolish reviewers being fooled, giving 5 stars without checking whether the street view is showing the right coordinates. Reviewers can see the satellite view first, and then can open the street view to further check the location of the POI in question. 

I really like to know how others think about my suggestion. I have a way to report spoofers, wayfarer abuses-but this I have no idea how to stop. I will be checking the comments hourly-before I really act to remove the portals in question. 

Thanks for reading this TL-DR.

Tagged:

Comments

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Why? The amount of people faking photospheres is minute. It isn't all pogo players. Photospheres and streetview allow reviewers to find things that aren't visible in the last flyover and not to mention some valid objects are hard to find via satellite view. We should not have to wait years on submissions because a few think that abuse from photospheres is rampant that is why you check all of the sources given to you. I had a skate park added 10 days after it opened to the public it would not be on satellite view and was easy to find via the photosphere.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

They should permaban any account who submit a fake.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

I agree photospheres shows the POI in detail. I am suggesting to add a single step(drag) to view it and see it matches with the surroundings, NOT suggesting to show the photospheres at all.

• you can view satellite image by suggestion new location. I wish more people would do that when the streetview is questionable. I've seen so many streetviews where it looks like the spot is placed on top of someone's house but when I go to satellite, I can see it's actually in a park. I had one that I learned was shown in the centre of a highway on streetview, but switching to satellite showed the correct location of the park, 5 kms away from the highway. Needless to say, it got rejected for no safe pedestrian access and mismatched locations.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Just to comment, street view is good, provided by Google. Photospheres are a really good supplementary information. The problem is, some abuse the photospheres itself to mislead fool reviewers. a simple satellite view verifies at least if it is near the real locations. That's why I'm suggesting to show satellite view in first place.