Weather in Prime

jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in App Feedback (Archive)

Cool if we can get weather in Ingress Prime and Niantic can think of somthing cool they can do with weather in Ingress Prime.

Free for agents here think and help Niantic and agents what we can have weather to in Prime.

Comments

• Like in surden weather there will be more items from hack, or portal has more shielding or range?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There still so many problems to solve before adding new game changing features,imo.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic will need to introduce other mechanics first that more strongly encourages pedestrian play and player engagement. For something that is suppose to be a pedestrian game, the "meta" is extremely anti-pedestrian. However, there is a sizeable faction that don't want any changes that would affect that "meta" and would rather the game die instead.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I think @NianticBrian and more on Niantic can fix something very cool with weather in Ingress Prime. More than only go on only number of hacks. We can get new cool item we use in different weather and somthing more cool with AI and weather.

• Know what would be cooler than weather?

Redacted. Redacted would be cooler than weather.

• It sounds cool and everything but what kind of features are we talking here? This could get really unbalanced very quickly.

Ingress is not like Pogo (I play it as well and got nothing against it) so one must be very careful when adding features not to ruin the balance for something as uncontrollable as weather. Pogo is PvE mostly where Ingress is purely PvP.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Ingress is(was?) meant as a "secret scientific scanner leak",and i don't know where weather can be added to that, and if it can make some extra effects to gameplay without ruining some balance. It's not like PoGo or HPWU,even if some weather and daytime effects should be cool in meaning of AR game.

• Yep, raining and I'm supposed to be out there naking 800 fields....

Imagine having 2x AP during storms and hurricanes.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I say No... weather is never usually accurate in pogo.. if it rains it says its cloudy... if its sunny pogo says its cloudy... ugh.....

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I don't even understand why this is being talked about that much. I don't see weather as part of Prime, unless they make some kind of plot background that would link it to Ingress universe, in a natural way.

• Braved it and have made ~650 off a 15 layer field engine in the local park. The plus side of lousy weather was everyone of sound mind stayed inside so I had the run of the place.