Update on Wayfarer Upgrade Delays

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@cmonineedaname sounds like my issue. Most of where I play is on the edge of a somewhat packed downtown despite being 15 minutes away. I've never had a "naturally" approved or denied nomination without an upgrade in that region. Maybe 5 of my upgrades since November have been cleared, and I still have 18 active nominations with upgrades, the oldest being November 22.

If I drive 5 minutes west, I get into a different region where I had a nomination approved in 3 days without an upgrade, 1 to 2 weeks on average. It doesn't make sense that my nominations are basically punished for being in a more sense region, despite me earning upgrade.

I was hoping they would start getting responses, with this bug being addressed, but it isn't looking good...

• that is interesting, but i guess noone has any confirmation about s2 cell lvl 8 /9

• CaptJackSoloCaptJackSolo ✭✭
    edited February 2020

It seems that nominations that were entered during the “stuck” period (approximately Dec 21st till about January 4th) that have now been upgraded are now stuck. Others that were entered before or after that period that have had upgrades applied go through within 48 hours.

examples:

• pool # 1 entered on 12/13/19 was “in queue” until upgrade applied on 02/02/20, approved on 02/03/20.
    • pool # 2 entered on 12/14/19 was “in voting”, upgrade applied on 01/28/20, approved on 01/29/20.
    • shuffleboard court entered on 12/23/19, was in voting when upgrade applied ~12/27/19 and still in voting (locals have seen it when reviewing since upgrade)
    • Circular Light Art entered 01/01/20, was in voting when upgrade applied on 01/20/20, still in voting (locals have seen it since upgrade)
    • historic marker entered on 01/04/20, was in voting when upgrade applied on 01/15/20 & no one has seen it locally even though still “in voting”
    • solar system art entered on 01/14/20 was “in queue” when upgrade was applied on 01/24/20, approved 01/26/20.

• Are u from Trinidad by chance? Feel like I voted on similar nominations

• I still have one upgraded from the 26th of December stuck in queue

• @RU001 located on the west coast of North America, but you never know, I have reviewed Guam and Puerto Rico; So you could have seen some of mine.

@SpiderWolve ouch, but still sounds like something is wrong and needs to be fixed. I’m about to upgrade submissions from 1/16 and then 12/27 so we’ll see if either of those get stuck.

• Seems like every submission is stuck upgraded or not...

• i think i had one upgraded and still in voting since November lol

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, echoing others, I've had a couple of upgrades that are stuck for an excessive amount of time:

• One is a nomination from 10/30/2019, upgraded within a week of submission (first week of November), went into voting within a day, and is still in voting more than 3 months later.
    • Another is a nomination from 11/7/2019, upgraded about 2 weeks ago, still in queue (not in voting).

Oddly enough, I have had a few non-upgraded submissions (in the same geographic area) get approved while these upgrades have been stuck. It is very discouraging to see upgrades go nowhere, and it makes me way less eager to review nominations to try to get that upgrade that seems to have zero impact on the review time.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Between November and January, nominations of mine that were upgraded are still in voting. I understand nominations still require review. I understand upgrades only prioritize and still take time to review.

@NianticCasey as more people are chiming in, it still seems as though nominations upgraded during that timeframe may not have accurately been upgraded. Replies from Niantic Support have included conflicting information that has only caused more confusion and in some cases downright condescending.

Is the Niantic Engineering team aware of and looking into this matter? I feel as though the hard work I put into reviewing during that time is going unrewarded and, in fact, almost punished as Niantic Support's last message was to review more to get an upgrade that I can't even apply to my currently upgraded nominations.

I have 17 nominations that were upgraded between November and January that are still unresolved. This is not normal.

• @NianticCasey I have an upgraded nomination which is obviously taking too long to get approved or rejected. That particular one is in voting since November (with upgrade), that’s 3 months now. I guess it should be fast tracked because of the upgrade. I already got 22 nominations (with upgrades) approved, all of which were reviewed within days. Could somebody from the Wayfarer-Team investigate this nomination to make sure there isn’t another bug in the system, that’s preventing upgraded nominations from being processed?

• Ditto on the upgrades not acting upgraded still. They're the only way I get nominations approved in days rather than months, so this issue really disincentivizes reviewing.

• PowertradePowertrade ✭✭
    edited February 2020

@Gendgi the same goes for me. I upgraded 13 nominations that are all not in the voting. 

I have over 7,500 reviews. I will stop rating for now because it doesn't work. it's very frustrating.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey Can agree still seeing several upgrades from December/Early Jan that appear to be stuck in the system. If you need additional details to report back to the Wayfarer team please let me know.

• It's not just upgraded submissions even regular ones are stuck.

• Agree... It's All there is stuck upgraded or not...

And Im affraid to review right now, because agrements % is comming very slow return. So my rating drop

• I've completely stopped reviewing and wont submit anything new until everything has comeback.

• MomRexMomRex ✭✭
    edited February 2020

My beef also. I Think it would be Nice if there also was a “queue” line under reviews so one could keep an Eye on how Many reviews are still waiting to be finished. So like:

total nominations reviewed: x

nominations reviews in process: y

AGREEMENTS .. etc.

alo, it would be Nice For the decent nonpaid reviewer if they happen to disagree on one of the the preaproved / predenied portals from NIA, could have a list of cette specific disagreements made available, so they Can Learn to do better reviews, instead of a fierce punishment of a Yellow/red bar with no Way to understand Why.

How this punishment instead of teaching works: in the end, when every reviewer bar ends in red, WHO is going to review all the submissions Then?

• But you vant der when All reviewing is back... You can only der when you her answer og All you submit

• Yes it could be nice if you could see How many off you revieing there was finish.

And i like the idea what you her a ansvar what you are doing wrong in a review instead for suddenly in red. And you dont know why,and what is going wrong, and give many reviews you have been disagree with

• any new information? i thought it should be done at the start of the week. now it is sunday and still no news?

• 7 Upgrades Rotting in Queue, some are from October ...😑

@NianticCasey Any update on the Wayfarer issues? While some of the problem has appeared to clear there still appears to be stuck nominations for many of us.

• @NianticCasey are you still there? We need a solution here. Our Upgrades are Stuck since 3 Months.

• Mine upgraded are not stuck. But every thing else

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting on my upgrades like

On that note, does anyone have a better version of the upgrade lightning bolt that is higher quality than the 20x20 pixels? One that isn't just scaled up.

• Waiting on regular nominations my oldest 2. Sooner they get approved or rejected the sooner I start to review again and submit new nominations.

When will the madness end lol???????

• I have 2 upgrades since mid january, before this issue, both of them are still "In Voting" other nominations with no upgrade are already portals so not sure whats the issue.

@NianticCasey Good Morning. I hope all is going well. Is there any update on the upgrades situation? Its been almost 2 weeks since our last communication regarding this problem.

This discussion has been closed.