"Quality" submissions wave

This is getting out of control, 70-80% percent of the submissions coming through the Wayfarer are like the ones shown below. I bet we all now from whom these are coming from. It appears that the rules and guidelines haven't been read at all by most of them. I know cases where despite knowing the rules the don't care.

Before, the % of crappy submissions would be around the 10-15%, but now it's getting kinda ridiculous.

One of the main issue is that many of these will go through anyways and it's a shame. The quality of the POI network is getting slammed pretty hard, and with it a lot of problems will potentially appear, both for agents/trainers/wizards and NIA.

The following are just a fraction of the things that came through in the span of aprox 30-40 mins. I had to stop eventually as it began to feel like a waste of time, trying to prevent things like this from getting through. 😑

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Quantity > Quality. That's the logic of those who submit this lv of things or fakes.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Because "must have more stops/gyms", which is ironic given that PoGo's normal gameplay isn't dependent on wayspots. Out of all of those, the dance studio would bet the only one that I would consider not giving a 1-star. But that description isn't going to cut it.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

But they need gyms, and to make more gyms they need more stops.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

That is also not true there is a limit on creating gyms. These cases seen posted online showing abuse are outliers. There is a limit on gyms save for sponsors.

• Maybe 70-75 out of the last 100 reviews i've done were instant 1*. It's not a pogo problem, its a lack of reviewers problem. All the bad stuff is just stacking up where the good stuff has been processed quickly.

All the PoGo wayfarers in my area have gone above and beyond to try and clear through the backlog and take submitting and reviewing really seriously. I've seen the stats from the ones that are still doing wayfarer and their agreement rates are all high and they've done at least 1000 reviews more than any ingress player (besides me) within 50 miles of us.

• OchemistOchemist ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

>Maybe 70-75 out of the last 100 reviews i've done were instant 1*. It's not a pogo problem, its a lack of reviewers problem. All the bad stuff is just stacking up where the good stuff has been processed quickly.

The distribution of terrible vs. good to great submissions has changed dramatically since Wayfarer opened to Pokemon players. That the increase in bad submissions is due to inexperienced PoGo submitters is a logical conclusion to draw. The alternative explanation is that Ingress submitters suddenly started to make terrible submissions.

It's not just a lack of reviewers; the garbage is causing the good stuff not to be reviewed. And it's a double whammy because the garbage is driving reviewers away.

BTW, little of my good stuff or that of others I know is being processed quickly; it's stuck behind the terrible submissions.

• Most of the submitters and reviewers between 2017-now were also pogo players who just played ingress to submit thats why the backlog suddenly started to move really quickly, The only good reviewers being driven away are pogo players.

Ingress players are notoriously bad reviewers who often make up their own rules, deny legit submissions because they don't like them or they may help the other team, spam fake edits to make home portals unreachable, spam fake removal requests to **** anchors etc etc. with all of that going on not very good submissions are the least of wayfarers problems,

• Amen

• McReesingtonMcReesington ✭✭
    edited February 2020

Maybe you live in an area which is running low on remaining quality submissions. In Australia I've had nearly exclusively valid things to review for months straight, endless playgrounds, gazebos, park signs, trail markers, etc, which should have been done years ago.

Much of what does get rejected here is also valid and just takes multiple attempts, it's just that they lay outside the cookie cutter templates which reviewers know, when they should have been given more explicit guidelines years ago, things like basketball courts, cricket pitches, the world's largest outdoor high ropes course built at a shopping centre (took something like 6 attempts to get through even with supporting news articles, and only because I gave in and described it as an upgrade to the playground which used to stand there on streetview instead of what it actually is, because that's all reviewers know to accept and they're not getting any feedback or updates communication from Niantic).

• going to give a shout out for this one. I cut it just above the address so as not to shame more then the pic does. Supporting information is "Zebra crossing for locals". I don't know if they're serious or just think it's funny.

• I like when Wayfarer make trainers become amateurs painters

Lol joke

• Lucky you!

Could be, but knowing the context a bit better, I know it's just lazy submitting or -more likely- targeted areas that "need" POIs, be it because some lazy player lives in the area and needs a couch POI or it's another S2 cell that needs to be checked.

So many times I've had quality submission discovered after weeks or even months passing through a certain area. But that usually requires players going out to explore, not webbing/spamming targeted areas with mediocre to bad quality submissions sprinkled with some good ones here and there.