Glyph challenge battle agent vs Agent

What about this happening, you reach a portal with your cirkle, an agent from opposite factions is inside cirkle too and then you can challenge the other player into glyph battle of some sort and the winner get some nice loot?

I think it would bring a new fun dimension to the game, and ofc a new glyph battle challenge medal 🥉 to brag off 😀

What do you think?

Comments

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Glyph-a-holics unite! 😋

This is actually something fun to do a FS. I've done it at a few of them out of my local area.

Build P8.

Glyph

Best time wins! (no apps folk, just your brains!)

• After we discussed this on TG I am glad to see it presented here. I think it's an interesting and viable concept that could bring a new element into the game without over complicating it for new players. 👍

• Rate of diminishing returns for battling same opponent perhaps could decrease the benefit of doing such a thing. This seems like a fun idea to try at least!

• What if... You and another agent enter an arena... Let's call it a gym, yeah, a gym! Then, you're equipped with a fighting team, right? Hear me out... The fighting team is comprised of a variety of characters with varying battle, defense, and stamina levels, and it's up to you to choose the best ones for each fight, or battle, as it were. Then what you do is you fight the other person's team, and every few turns you get an extra strong move, like it's supercharged! Next, you....

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

This would reveal agent presence on a portal, wouldn't it?

Perhaps some way to activate/deactivate it?

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

As far as i understand, and if they are thinking about it like at pogo... U will not be able to check presence, just see "friends" and if they are near to fight.

Also if this means what you say... hope they make an option to disable it.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm afraid that, in order to check for friends, a friend list is required first :D

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

What I like about Ingress is that most of the time you have to be moving to continue playing. Pokémon Go especially after introducing the latest features is the opposite. You are constantly forced to stay at the same place for minutes for battling at gyms, battling Nememis Team Rocket, battling other trainers. That stopped me enjoying the game and made me stop playing it that often. I hope new features in Ingress don't turn out the same way, forcing you to stay at the same place instead of getting you moving.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, ummm make it so you have get a free glyph challenge per day from umm, a portal spin hack? Then you'd have to ummm, buy more in the store with coins, err, cmu?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Good idea. Make the portals give out more keys so I don't have to stay in the same place hacking them to get enough for the field plan. (Don't you just hate it when you do a 100% correct 'more' glyh and it doesn't even give you one key!) While we're at it, instead of farming for kit why not just buy it in the Ingress store...