Feature Request: play as a passenger

daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

In Pogo you can say "I'm a passenger" and be allowed to play when going over 35MPH.

This should be extended to ingress. Yes, we get up and move, but sometimes in between we're on a bus.

Comments

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I didn't know about that feature on PoGo since I don't play. That would be nice when you are sitting in the car and have nothing to do and you can recharge some portals among other things.

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

Even just recycling keys when in motion as a passenger would be a big boon...

• @daethnir recycling is perfectly possible while being a passenger.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

In pogo if you're going too fast there's a popup you can click to say you're a passenger, after which you can continue playing. Even then you get some "speedlock" as new Pokémon don't spawn if you're going too fast.

However, you're right, it would be an interesting new feature if you could recharge while in a car.

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

I think the pokepeople can hit the 'passenger' button and drive and play. They've got greater numbers and haven't gone extinct, so I'd think Ingressers would fare similarly.

I don't understand why one game allows it and the other doesn't.

• @daethnir I don't think you fully understand what is capable in pogo when traveling at high speeds.

The only thing you can do then is delete pokemon and items and heal pokemon.

You can not interact with pokestops or gyms or catch pokemon.

The equivalent to that is recycling items in Ingress.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Ask the driver to slow down. Problem solved.

The game is meant to play outside, preferably walking.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I dislike the pop up in pogo and HPWU.

It would be horrible for Ingress

• 56.32kph seems excessive. You can already recharge, hack, attacks and deploy at 40kph and under.

I do think the max speed for trekker should be raised to 10.00kph, though.

• I didn't know this was a thing, but sure. Seems useful.

• DeoreDXDeoreDX ✭✭✭

[inset fake quote]The only thing you can do then is delete pokemon and items and heal pokemon.

You can not interact with pokestops or gyms or catch pokemon.[/end fake quote]

The difference is there are a lot more game mechanics in PoGo than Ingress that allow for more play as a passenger. Both games have inventory management tasks but that's about where Ingress stops. PoGo you can trade with a friend if the friend is with you. You can remote battle other players if they have a certain friendship level or battle the AI. The time consuming task of appraising all of your Pokemon can be done then too. Just not much content in Ingress allows for play as a passenger (or at Home too).

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I just think in general, recharging and recycling should not be affected by speedlock. Item pickup, drop, hack, destroy should still be under speedlock.

• ViolaRoseViolaRose ✭✭✭

I would be down for this if they fixed portal capturing "bugs," and abuses. If they made it so that you could only recharge or recycle or drop items.