[Feature Request] Do Not Upgrade label

So some people are complaining they don’t want to decide anymore as it will result in submissions of theirs being upgraded when they don’t want them (because non-upgraded submissions have a better chance of success in some cases due to having more local reviewers? The reason doesn’t matter for this idea).

So, add a new label: “Do Not Upgrade”.

It’s the opposite of the Upgrade Next label. But more importantly, it’s a super simple change that would help re-incentivise many good reviewers to come back and review again.

Tagged:

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Situation goes multiple ways, as well.

I have 2 nominations. One of them I really want to go through, first, so I upgrade it. I don't want to stop reviewing, but in my region upgrades take months for approval. I don't want to risk my second nomination being approved before the other one, so I would rather have that option to review without upgrade.

• Why not simply pay more attention and make sure that you've got an upgrade next set as you go. Are you saying that they have zero submissions that they want to upgrade?

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Right now, I have zero nominations I want to upgrade.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I dunno, kind of makes nominating & upgrading pointless when you have upgraded nominations taking months to go through ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I misread the OP request. I'd rather have upgrades rewarded and not forced on active nominations. In other words, allow you to accumulate upgrades even if you have nominations without upgrades.

Edit to add, @Perringaiden, just made a few more nominations!

Although, I'll also add, upgrades don't matter to the region I just nominated for. It'll get accepted within a week. My primary region, on the other hand... Upgrades don't matter there because they still sit in voting after months of being upgraded.

Post edited by Gendgi on