Merging Wayfarer accounts

Hi,

I am a level 11 Ingress player and a level 40 Pokemon Go player. Right now my accounts are on different email addresses and this creates a scenario where I have two Wayfarer accounts. I would like to merge these accounts so that I can use my upgrades on all submissions and work towards my recon badge in Ingress. I have tried going through in-game support in both games but am unable to get them on the same account. Both games say something similar to "that email is already in use". This has caused me to stop reviewing with my Pokemon Go account because I want to work towards my recon badge. I want to help review but there is no incentive.

I have tried to use Facebook as an intermediary to move the game to another email account but that hasn't worked. All suggestions from support have failed. I even created a new Facebook account with the second email address to try and get them to merge.

Here is what this looks like.

Gmail address X - Ingress

Gmail address Y - Pokémon Go

Facebook account A (shares email with X although I’m not sure that matters)

Facebook account B (shares email with Y)

I’ve tried using both Facebook accounts as intermediaries to move the linked email address over to the other game.

X->A->Y doesn’t work.

Y->A->X doesn’t work.

X->B->Y doesn’t work.

Y->B->X doesn’t work.

And I can’t have both use A or B at the same time as it says it’s already in use when I try to link it to the second game.

Could I please have both games on the same email accounts? It would be more convenient for me and I have also encountered scenarios where I have reviewed my own submissions from the other account. I don't want to break the TOS but I'm sure that would break them.

Thanks

Comments

• AFAIK only Support can merge your accounts, and I don't know that they do it for reasons other than "I have lost access to that email address" etc. You cannot use linking and unlinking your accounts to do it.

• I have the same "Issue". Would be very nice to have a web-based tool for cross-Account login management! It's very annoying not being able to work on my OPR Badge before Level 12 and not being able to upgrade the Nominations made via Ingress.

• Through in-game support? They said they have no ability to manage my account in this way. It is quite disappointing.

• I thought Niantic would change when agents from Pokemon Go get credits on badge Recon blocking any point until to achieve L12, and create a badge that counts in the Pokemon Go app for Lvl40.

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I know it. That's the point, earning a platinum badge but never doing any AP on Ingress.

• They are completing the task required of them.

I know of an old L1 account that got Black Guardian because they captured one portal that was strategic, and then the people with them kept it alive for three years.

Recon doesn't require you to gain AP. It requires you to do a task that is even more important to Niantic than any one action in Ingress. So yeah, they're going to credit you with whatever they can.

• What I meant that's Recon medal is for agents level 12 onwards, just as it has been for a long time, ensuring that AP amount has given them enough experience (at least it should) to understand what a portal is equivalent to (on the history of the game). But now, what I see constantly are lampposts with a 10cm Pokémon design, to be evaluated and certainly approved. Anything in the real world can be anyStopsGym in PoGo because there's no value to the history inside their game (I played from beginning (2016-2017)

It's horrible when someone like me whom managed to score almost 500 points in the Recon medal weekly, does not even get 200 with current evaluators of another game approving everything and scoring a lot. It's a joke.

• edited January 2020

@Wallflower14

What I meant that's Recon medal is for agents level 12 onwards

Except that it isn't any more. It's for anyone who gains agreements in Wayfarer, which includes level 40 PoGo players whose months of playing Pokemon Go have given them enough experience (at least it should) to understand what a POI is.

Ingress was never above the cabals of approvers either. But just because you think PoGo players are bad reviewers, doesn't discount the fact that a user of Wayfarer completed those reviews and therefore gets credit in Ingress.

If they add a badge in Pokemon Go, we'll get credit there without playing too.

It's horrible when someone like me whom managed to score almost 500 points in the Recon medal weekly, does not even get 200 with current evaluators of another game approving everything and scoring a lot. It's a joke.

It sounds less like you've got an issue with the Recon badge appearing on a level 1 account, and far more invective for the perceived quality of other reviewers.

• Kiiiiiinda getting off topic here folks.

• True. But as I said, if the support team won't or can't do it, you can't merge them.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

There is absolutely zero way support can help you at all, the right people who can literally manipulate the internal data never receive this kind of request, support is a desk of tools and if they cant do something even when they would want to, they will tell you a classic response from the list

Many people tried to unlink accounts and is the same as you want to do but in ''reverse'' hence is normal you cant

And the main problem is because niantic dont manage the accounts, they are handled by google, they use ''something'' to identify your account via google log ins so then they assign the data to that log in, somebody mentioned about a web account bassed, that is normal to think of, normal companies hold their customers accounts in their own systems so can be managed easily but here...someday they might upgrade their whole platforms in everything, even the mapping which still obtained third party free like osm and some other stuff, pogo gives too much money but seems they dont invest in some teams