Unique portal indicator

Can we expect Prime to support unique portal indicators like we have in Pokémon Go? (They have a ring around POIs you haven't visited yet).

Tagged:

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pangarban If I had to choose only one, I'd say captured.

Maybe one ring (or whatever other mark) but changing it's color, like gold in a brand new and silver when something still missing. Or just one, same color, meaning there's actions missing there.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Hydraulinski Changing colour wouldn't work in Prime. It's hard enough to tell one colour from another with the way things look. (It would have been a great suggestion in old Ingress, though 😏)

• I like the two rings idea!

• Good thing. I would like that!

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

If you like this idea, then "like" the original post and any of the others below it that you think add to the discussion. The more likes an idea gets, the more likely it will be that Niantic people like @RedSoloCup will notice it. (I've mentioned him specifically because I think this is one of the best ideas that should be implemented once Prime UI and hanging issues are sorted).

And even if it is confirmed to be coming, the more the idea is brought up, the more they will prioritize it. But I know, I know: parity first.

• Would it be worth having something similar show on Intel?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

But i hope Prime can remeber unique portals i redy take. I dont like to see Prime view unique portals if i take it unikue now.

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been asked and answered many times via the AMAs. Which reminds me, I need to post that searchable archive.

@RedSoloCup Remeber if i take unique portals now or the new system restart from begining and all portals view unique when the system are in Prime?

• @RedSoloCup please do!

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭

I'd like to believe the system will track retroactive caps/visits- they already have the data in place so *hopefully* it can be used going forward. :)

@Cespar I hope Prime remeber old unique portals we take when Niantic have the data.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I think now, more than ever, this is needed. Not only for uniques in the traditional sense, but also now with the Scout Controller badge and it's silly requirements.

I imagine the traditional unique would be a floating circle similar to Pogo. The Scout Controller unique might be buried on the portal screen with the information about who is the current controller.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this can only happen when they switch to newer servers, when that happens i have no idea...

• This is my #1 desired feature in prime. Please add this!!!

Yes Niantic work on it and have it on todo list. I think we have it when they are complete with the new servers. But take more time when we have covid-19

• Robert4444Robert4444 ✭✭✭

It would be great if uniques would appear on the intel map ...