Intel Pogo plugins

IT took me a while to decide should i wrote this or not but in last few days i saw in one wayfare Pogo group their talk about edit location.Pogo players are using Intel map with Pogo cells plug in to niminated candidates submiting them on wrong loacations and with ability to edit locations they are moving the portals from their right locations to wrong locations just to fill empty cells this is not the way to play the game and if the things are going to a worse then now you Will lose a more ingress players.My opinion is that S2 cell plug in for Intel map should be considered illegal there are res and enl players i this community who can confirm the situation about that in our town.I dont for the opinion about the rest of you but this is my seeing of the situation on put town.

Comments

• Cheating is so pervasive in that game, you know they’d find ways around that too.

Even better would be if Nia would add some variability to the Pokémon poi placement, so the system can’t be easily gamed.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Soon they use Ingress Prime. I think dont help. But more bad now and more cheating with Pokémon GO players.

• I agree with you about adding support picture when edit portal, so the system note abused by a cheater.

But, it's must be in Ingress Prime too cause, if they know using Ingress can still edit without adding support photo, they will move to play Ingress and abuse the gameplay.

• I know this is an ingress community, but i'm a dual player... why is it that pogo is blamed for so many wrong things in the portal submission system? especially since well before they even got access to nominations/ reviews there was abuse with mislocation? i'd agree that the influx has made it a more visible issue but it has always been a problem... just for different reasons

• wooow... tell us how u really feel 😂 completely one sided but go right ahead insulting peoples intelligence with a sweeping generalization

I agree about requiring supporting proof for edits ...but changing the gym system? that's entitled... ingress can have more than one portal in an L17 cell while Pogo gets one...how about they separate them and ingress can go back to back-logged portal reviews 😇 I nominate valid POI and make sure real world locations match...

• I just hope that somebody from niantic will see this post and try to do something about this massive abuse,but time will show what will they do about that.

• Randomness of gym and stop creation would stop this cold.

• We all know that niantic is owner of the data base and without that none of both games have nothing from games except ingress

• sophielabsophielab ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I have no idea what your argument is but the database is supposed to reflect real world points of interest.

• I am happy to support my fellow niantic game players with edits that make sense. I myself have moved a marker to the other side of a gazebo to make another in game object for ingress. No stress to do that for a pogo friend. Moving a marker to the other side of the gazebo to pop it into another cell? Really not a problem. Moving it off the gazebo and moving 20m south to get it into a cell that's a no.

..... I 'm an ingress player Pogo is very occasional for me. But there's some awesome people playing pogo and helping them out starts a conversation "Have you heard of Jarvis? your lord and savior?" (that's a joke) ... that they could be casual with a spot of ingress hacking and linking between spins.... who knows generosity might give some folks the incentive to try out the best game in the world. And a new player enters the game!

Be kind to your pogo friends!

• Your conclusion that pogo should have a database all it's own is not supported by the directions of what makes a good pokestop vs what makes a good portal. If the rules are followed then one should end up with in game poi's that are in areas that are fun/safe to play a phone game.

It's not unreasonable for a pogo player to only be interested in working on getting approved stuff that appears in pogo. If someone's only deciding what to submit, and skipping over otherwise valid poi's because they don't want to waste their time that's ok. That is typically what those tools are used for.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @NianticBrian can stop it or make it more hard to use the plugin.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Going back to original post, target is to close down doors to exploits. Most of them are currently coming from PoGO, so I believe this option is just the straightest.

We agree POI Database is not meant to be like that, but while PoGO trainers look for quantity, we Ingress don't (normally) choose quantity over quality.

But, I must point it out, since Wayfarer came to play, OPR mafias have lost their power significantly. This means: yes, split DB would solve exploits, but mafias would be back in. Is it exchanging one problem for another a real solution? xD

• Re-read paragraph 1 of my last post. Your answer is there.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to come down on multiaccounting and account sharing too. I've seen level 40 pogo players who also have more than two level 12ingress accounts not only nominating ridiculous amounts but having the ability to skew their own submissions with 5 stars

• Wow @grendelwulf that's epically wrong .... yet surely very rare...... i hope......

• The dull-ness magnified of wayfarering with many acounts though....wayfarering is quite boring..... theu would be interested in skewing long term ....

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

There is no need to separate the database. Just make them equal. Every portal became a pokestop/gym. Easy solution, everyone happy. Pointless edits 40m across the street will end. Still gonna be some malicious edits, but not as much as today, and being less will be easy to take actions.

Can't do that? Banish edit privilege from all account that got something like X title/description denied. Or just show location edits alone, with no other info (maybe a picture only). If someone abuse the picture, punish it.

• My opinion is that S2 cell plug in for Intel map should be considered illegal

Put it on your list of policies when running for President. Niantic doesn't make things illegal or not.

Ultimately it doesn't matter though. Whether you blocked it from IITC or not, there are plenty of other sites that allow people to see the S2 grid, and you can't catch them all.