Wayfarer Criteria Clarifications Questions Thread

GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Wayfarer (Archive)

A thread about compiling and asking all our questions through the Wayfarer Criteria Clarifications form.

So recently under the help page, this page was added:

Which links to this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKpTV462RIvfZYGCrUAA_aTBMcSM9gWEzBWfCmnEkp7m9vnA/viewform

A form where we can submit questions for different clarifications on Wayfarer Criteria.

However, the page states:

Please note that you will not receive a personal response to your inquiry, but our team will review each response. Answers to frequently asked questions will be posted on this page periodically.

So we should compile our questions here, and if you read one and think it's a good question, you should ask it! That way questions we all think are good will receive more asks and be more likely to receive clarificarion!

Tagged:

Comments

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Questions I've Asked so far:

• Are artistic glass stained windows in churches eligible nominations?

• The guidelines state "Cemeteries, Burial Grounds, and Gravestones Avoid nominations whose real-world locations appear to be cemeteries, burial grounds, or gravestones. Gravestones may be accepted, but only if the gravestone is publicly accessible and it belongs to a historical figure or significant community figure." Does this mean the ALL Cemeteries are now to be rejected, or just the ones that are not historically significant. If the latter, are there any guidelines or rule of thumb the Wayfarer team can provide to determine if a cemetery is historically significant or not?

• Are bike repair stations (bike rack with other things like air pump, wrenches, sometimes shelter, etc) that are often located around trails and parks eligible Wayspots?

And some questions that aren't exactly about criteria, but about wayfarer in general

• Has the Wayfarer team considered daily/weekly rewards or goals for reviewing, such as Logging into Wayfarer today, gaining X number of agreements, reviewing X number of Portals, having a 7 day streak for reviewing, etc, to try and encourage more people to review? With rewards such as an extra upgrade, more submissions, a new medal, something that can transfer to in-game currency/items, or something else?
    • When reviewing a Wayspot, if you're initial rating is not a Rejection 1-Star, but you find a reason for it to be ineligible (k-12 school, no safe access, blocks emergency services, etc) should you scroll back to the initial rating and re-rate it as a rejection, or keep the initial rating?

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Upgrades: more and more Agents are reporting nominations with upgrades being open for months long and, in some cases, nominations made side-by-side being closed out faster. Can anything be done to re-prioritize aged upgraded nominations?

• ^^ You mean stained glass windows as separate Wayspots in addition to a church itself? If so, include that in the question?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

The Glass os part of the church... I would never submit it, and will probably mark duplicate if see.

When reviewing a Wayspot, if you're initial rating is not a Rejection 1-Star, but you find a reason for it to be ineligible (k-12 school, no safe access, blocks emergency services, etc) should you scroll back to the initial rating and re-rate it as a rejection, or keep the initial rating?

1* of course. Criteria of denying > criteria to accept.

I

I agree you’re supposed to 1* like that, but I’ve talked to too many people who say otherwise and insist you’re not supposed to change you’re initial rating, and then go and tell other people that. So I want hard clarification to refrute this.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Yes, if during the rest of the review you find anything that qualify it as 1*, you should go back and 1* it. For all following questions (tittle, location, uniqueness, etc) there is a corresponding topic to report it as 1*.

For location, if it's inside a school, go back and 1* the whole thing, but you just can't find it, give 1* in that criteria.

In title, if it has a player name, a bad word, offense, etc, go back and 1* the whole thing. If just has a nonsensical name, but everything else is right, like a church named "free fruits" just give 1* in tittle category.

I believe that a valid submission being wrongly denied is easy fix by a new submission (made better). But a invalid portal being wrongly approved... It maybe will never be fixed and stay there forever, and maybe not ever reports will take it out. That's why if a I find a reason to deny, I will deny it. I don't like fake portals. But that's me.

• I am looking for where are the old Guides? (https://opr.ingress.com/guide)

I remember there were fountains, Survey Marker, Golf Course, apartment sign, stone stacks ...

Are these guides gone?

edited January 2020

The old candidate adction guide is on the Ingress OPR subreddit wiki.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IngressOPR/wiki/meta/candidateactionguide

I have a copy of the old guide somewhere, give me a bit to dig it up.

EDIT: found it https://imgur.com/a/pznLO7T

Unsure how much of that still applies if it's not explained in the new guides though.

• lokprolokpro ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Oh it is now not officially listed. Do you guys still rates according to it?

• OGMagusOGMagus ✭✭✭

The CAG phrases are burned into my brain, yes indeed I use it! I find it crazy that all this hoopla about AMAs get recognized by Niantic, meanwhile good stuff *already sorted and parsed* from old OPR still remain off-site.