"once your comment is approved" ...?

What is this BS? A user posts a comment, it should appear. You have flags for offensive content. If you can't handle/moderate an online forum, why did you build one?

Comments

• was it because I said "****?"

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

I think one of the main issues is, not everyone uses the flag option appropriately. There are a few select individuals here on the forums that are using it as a weapon to flag comments they don't like, regardless of whether or not the post is actually offensive or not.

I have noticed a couple individuals flagging my content, even though nothing I have said is offensive.

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

In my opinion, if they insist on this then they need to have someone checking for posts pending review on a regular basis. Mine was held until someone on a completely unrelated topic caught the attention of a Niantic employee, and he cleared the queue. That was about 8 hours.

• Did you miss the part where this is the first iteration? Did you want to wait 2 years before it's fully ready, like Prime ? 😂

• I'm fairly sure much of the process is automated. For instance, I tend to type like I talk, freely and uncensored. I've made several comments that could be considered "rude", and probably have been flagged for this via automation. I've also noticed if I reply to several threads "semi-rapidly" and in the Queen's English rather than my own dialect, I also have the "once your comment is approved" thing. ADA is the moderator I'd assume.

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭

It will be anti spam, on the discourse forums I moderate it happens all the time - certain actions can trigger a review. In general people should be reviewing this review queue regularly, but obviously if the community managers are not working they can sit there for some hours :)

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I just posted the same comment 4 times in a discussion because of that message. I only noticed the vague popup the last time.

The weird thing is that it put the post through to the chat one of those times, but blank.