Player Reporting Player

2»

Comments

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Lol I'm not the one desperately trying to defend my actions. I just state some facts and I can demonstrate to you that you are lying, so you start saying names and say desperate but it would appear to be you searching long and far for anything to try discredit what I say. But I only say the truth so whatever really, unlike you who can't even tell the same story in the one thread, you contradict yourself and lie. It is right here for anyone to see not even a consistent story that you say.

Same to you ****

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • wow m.ate is censored. I said m.ate not a rude word.

• Novoca1neNovoca1ne ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Maybe this is why portals were removed? Threatening to hold the Ingress community to ransom until said portal was made a gym.

I'm actually surprised no bans due to that reference of cheating using a Free Library.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

A new stop was made, The Blue Robot became a gym and I stopped cheating as was agreed. Then you removed that stop and had more stops removed, that's on you. You shouldn't be abusing NIAs wayfarer system and having POIs removed because it upsets you (Or whoever it was that you know). That request was to ADD POIs which means everyone in BOTH games wins by having more things to play with. That is very different to DELETING POIs and wrecking NIAs game for your own purposes.

Also I was cheating before that in response to your rubbish behaviour as you know, that was just a way for me to bring peaceful resolve to the situation, which it did for a few days until ya'll started it up again.

As you also well know, I wasn't cheating for the gym to be made, that was just something that was brought up as a neat idea. Creation of stuff in both games. Which is beneficial to everyone, so I'm not sure why you paint it like it's a bad thing. The cheating was not to create the gym, it was in response to your bad behaviour.

If you'd like, I can post screenshots of your bad behaviour, but I think it's probably best that I don't.

<"I'm actually surprised no bans due to that reference of cheating using a Free Library."> How is making a wayfarer stop from one of those little street libraries cheating? I think this is half the problem Novo, you don't even know what it is you are reporting as facts of cheating! Creating a wayfarer POI from a street library is not cheating.... good god man.... if this is how you collect evidence of cheating it is no wonder legits are getting banned.

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • Lol. That screenshot was taken weeks before the stops were removed and weeks before you agreed to stop cheating. I believe It was taken within days of you being caught out spoofing the first time.

What it shows is your intention, especially when used in conjunction with other content captured from PoGo and Ingress channels.

If I was a niantic employee I'd ban and remove stops as punishment purely based one that one screenshot alone.

• Well when one of the players is my girlfriend.... I know for 100% certain she doesn't cheat, she wouldn't even know how to and she's not interested enough in ingress to bother, she only played because I wanted her to come walking with me and play, her account was level 2.....

Did she use your phone, or one of the phones you used for cheating, or the same wifi that you used for cheating?

Surely the fact that I am honest about my cheating and stuff would count towards that trust.

Uh no. You aren't being 'honest', you're being open. Proudly proclaiming your cheating doesn't engender trust, it proves you can't be trusted to play honestly, so why would we trust you to be honest about other things?

• She does not use my phones ever. Not same IP address for ingress things (wifi) no I don't believe so. But even if we shared IP address, if NIA was banning by IP one bad actor at University would see anyone at campus playing out through the same IP get banned.... we know this doesn't happen.

<"Uh no. You aren't being 'honest', you're being open.">" Well actually I'm being honest and open. <"Proudly proclaiming your cheating doesn't engender trust, it proves you can't be trusted to play honestly, so why would we trust you to be honest about other things?"> It proves nothing of the sort. I'm more than capable of playing legitimately and I can be trusted to do so if that is what I chose to do. I really don't care if some random stranger on the internet doesn't want to trust me, what I am saying is true so I just say the truth and you can make your own determination.

• I'm more than capable of playing legitimately

Please limit your play to this from now on.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

a) I didn't start BAFing for weeks after I started cheating, took me a while to even figure out that I could do that lol. You were carrying on like a proper pork chop from the get go.

b) The gym was made really quickly after that post, I couldn't believe it I thought wow that was so fast, and it was removed the very next day. Weeks definitely did not pass.

c) I have no issues with my intention, I've said from the start that I have been cheating. And I am telling you that it was because of your behaviour, again if you like I can show screenshots of your behaviour if that is something you would like me to do?

All you are really doing is detracting from the purpose of this thread, which is to point out that legit players are being banned, and I am saying you should not ban legit players. If you want to cry about why, we have already been through this. You keep making it about me but I don't care about me, I don't care if I get lifetime ban not bothered, just pointing out that if ya'll keep getting legit players banned like you are doing, you're going to have a very rapidly declining player base once people catch on they can vexatiously report their opponents. Anyone reading should try for themselves, make up some story about how the player can't get from A to B in time and send it to the TR bot, do it lots of times and eventually it will be the case that the p[layer gets banned. Give it a go. Seems like broken system to me.

Also put in tickets with support, if support closes your ticket, just make a new one. These people discuss how their ticket has been closed with no action and they persevere resubmitting ticket after ticket after ticket until the account finally gets banned. They tag the accounts they want to ban with "BMKFBC" in comms so they can get the stats etc. for their submission, just like you can see in Novos post on the other thread where he even discusses flooding bulk reports and complaining that a ban isn't happening.

So if you have a player in your area that you don't want to play, even if they are legit, just flood the TR bot with fake information and make sure a heap of you create ticket after ticket after ticket until you get the support person that finally bans the account. This is what they do, you can do it too. it is not a misconception, legit accounts are being banned by this method.

Doubt me? Try it for yourself... get a bunch of people together and just constantly report and/or create tickets until the account gets banned. You will see it works, and that is the problem, this should not work.

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

I cannot, any account I make will be reported by these people and banned. But anyway I don't think I want to play legit with these toxic people. I attended the last FS with my friend and played in person, then behind my back a guy ranting about how I musta cheated blah blah, ok maybe I deserve that, but then starts tarring anyone who I know that I play with with the same brush as me, calling them my minions etc. definitely not warranted. So not real keen on playing IRL with people like that. I'll surely spoof them tho :D

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • edited January 2020

Then the path is simple. If you can't or won't play Ingress legitimately, don't play Ingress.

People who are reporting your self-confirmed spoofing are not 'toxic' for reporting you for spoofing. Nor are they in the wrong for reporting suspicious accounts to Niantic. That is what Niantic advises for anyone who suspects cheating.

Perhaps Niantic is being overly aggressive with accounts that are connected to you in any way, because of your admitted cheating. The only person at fault in that situation is you. You have brought Niantic's displeasure down on everyone around you, because you are continuing to cheat.

I don't really see a clean way for you to recover from this, and continuing to cheat out of spite will only make it worse. You really don't want Niantic to ban your girlfriend's (or your) PoGo account, because it's related to the spoofing in Ingress. It has happened before, so I'd suggest that if you care about that game you limit your actions in this one.

• <"Then the path is simple. If you can't or won't play Ingress legitimately, don't play Ingress."> I will do what I chose to do.

<"People who are reporting your self-confirmed spoofing are not 'toxic' for reporting you for spoofing."> Nor have I said that they are, reporting cheating accounts is not something I have issue with. You're stating something like I have said this, but I have not.

<"You have brought Niantic's displeasure down on everyone around you, because you are continuing to cheat."> I don't believe that lawfully, Niantic has any right to bring displeasure upon anyone just for knowing me. The ToS do not say if you know someone or are connected to someone breaching ToS you are in breach of the ToS yourself... you are making your own ToS up here....

<"I don't really see a clean way for you to recover from this"> Not looking for a way to recover, just pointing out the facts. Niantic will do whatever they want to do. I obviously do not think it is right that legit players get banned, that is all I am saying here. Oh and also I don't think stops and gyms should be removed due to upset players so I say that as well. The rest whatever I don't even think it is terribly relevant but whatever I entertain it.

• Lol. Share away. I've not cheated and never have so nothing you share will affect me one bit.

I said something to you in comms and got a 15 day COMMS ban. I accepted the ban like an adult and continued playing without chucking a tantrum and taking it out on the community. I accepted responsibility for my actions and guess what?, I'm still playing and my comms privilege has been restored. I have learnt a lesson and have changed my behaviour.

I will however continue to report suspicious behaviour.

• edited January 2020

I don't believe that lawfully, Niantic has any right to bring displeasure upon anyone just for knowing me. The ToS do not say if you know someone or are connected to someone breaching ToS you are in breach of the ToS yourself... you are making your own ToS up here....

To quote from the ToS:

We may suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you, including if (a) you fail to comply with these Terms; (b) we suspect fraud, cheating, or misuse by you of Content or Services; or (c) we suspect any other unlawful activity associated with your Account. 

Niantic doesn't need a reason to terminate your account or anyone else's. They can simply choose to do so at their sole discretion. This means that there is no legal recourse for them terminating your account, your girlfriend's account, or anyone else they choose to, whether they have proof of cheating, or merely suspect it.

I'm not making up the ToS. They literally can terminate your account on no basis at all, just like every other gaming company.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Yes of course it's their game they can do whatever but what I am saying is that if they can ban you for following the ToS... why even bother to follow the ToS? There is a reasonable expectation that a) b) or c) would have occur before a breach of the ToS is determined, and guilt by association I do not believe would fit into that. You know a murderer therefore we suspect you're a murderer?

By lawfully I mean from a discriminatory point of view. It is hella discriminatory to say that because you know x we are going to ban you. I don't think such discrimination is allowed. And I will add that in the ban emails, they list all the scenarios for which they could have been banned, what they are accusing she did, she did not do plain and simple. So saying things like they must have done it because she knows me... that is not what it says in the email so it is not what Niantic is saying. It says she was banned for the usual things spoofing or multi account etc but not suspicion of knowing a cheater... that is not something they list so I think whilst you would probably love it if they went after cheater's friends... I do not think it would be in Niantic's interest, it is not good business sense to attack people like that and discriminate in that way.

As I have stated the whole way through this thread, I'm all for reporting cheaters it has to be done. All I am saying is that there needs to be more care, as people like Novoca1ne here think adding a street library into wayfarer is cheating and they report just for some silly thing that is not even cheating!

In saying that, someone I knows son got banned, I do not know her son. So it is not just people directly connected to me getting done by these reports.

So you can try and find an excuse for it all you like, Despite them brushing it off as a 'misconception' I know for certain that legitimate players are being banned due to player reports. Whether or not Niantic want's to remedy that is a matter for themselves.

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • The simple solution is to have those accounts lodge appeals. It niantic stand by their ban then there's sufficient evidence to suspect cheating.

BTW, pretty sure niantic can trace gear swaps between accounts. They did it to remove items that were purchased via illegal stores. They even removed items from inventory of players even if they hadn't purchased the gear and it was given to them from another agent. Maybe their systems track gear swaps to/from known cheaters (like people who have 47+ accounts banned) and take action. One can only hope.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

<"he simple solution is to have those accounts lodge appeals. It niantic stand by their ban then there's sufficient evidence to suspect cheating."> If only it were that simple, my gf lodged appeal and got told they cannot find her account, but she only has the one email address and she used it and they still say they can't find the account. They are totally useless there is no actual support.

The others have done same and had similar rubbish responses. Myself, I put in ban appeal on a legit account and got a response about how the warning will lift in 7 - 10 days and gameplay will be restored.... so no, the support is totally useless and I think what is occurring is that these same people are doing the "fact" checking, and they are just tick and flicking accounts to banned. Thus me alerting Niantic, this is quite a problem.

<"BTW, pretty sure niantic can trace gear swaps between accounts."> I have absolutely no doubt they can trace gear swaps. We are talking a level 2 account..... how much gear do you think a lvl 2 account has.... You still haven't offered your data on what caused you to deem RoastedPotatoes as suspicious and report it, do you care to share?

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • Yes of course it's their game they can do whatever but what I am saying is that if they can ban you for following the ToS... why even bother to follow the ToS? There is a reasonable expectation that a) b) or c) would have occur before a breach of the ToS is determined, and guilt by association I do not believe would fit into that.

My point is that you are not the best advocate for these people, because of your own avowed cheating. Niantic chooses to ban based on what they see fit and there have been very few true false positives. So all this post has done is highlighted your own activities.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

I don't care, I have given factual information whether I can be trusted or not is irrelevant given Niantic can just look at the data and see for themselves. You can't speak for Niantic you're assuming, and so I am raising this to Niantic. If they say that they are banning legit accounts jut because someone said they happened to know me, well then we will know that. But at this point you're just speculating.

I do not believe that Niantic would operate under a guilt by association mantra, and as I say even people that I never met been done, so I do believe that there is a flaw in the reporting chain here, thus my post. You can think what you want.

• Sure. But they are most definitely not going to post on bannings here. If those people who were wrongly banned want their accounts back, they'll need to appeal it. Niantic will never comment on the reason accounts were banned.

• Novoca1neNovoca1ne ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I never reported RoastPotatoes so can't provide any data.

Like I said before, you have annoyed both niantic and the community (ENL and RES) so any one of those entities could have reported. Niantic may have even been proactive and watched who you were associating with and conducted checks on their in-game-actions to verify they were legit. They also have automated systems that verify location or whether accounts are signed into multiple devices. There are many ways to get caught and player reports are just a tip of the iceberg

Perhaps you should provide me with proof that I reported this account?

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Right, so hopefully Niantic will see this, look at the data, restore the legitimate accounts and improve the reporting pipeline so that only real cheats get banned. That would be the optimal outcome.

I do not think that allowing reports from players to then "fact check" but not actually do any fact checking and cannot even find the account when a ban appeal is lodged, is going to do Niantic or the game any favours. Just think how many new players are deemed "suspicious" because nobody knows them or they happen to be playing in the same area as a spoofer. That is such silliness. How many people start up the game, get deemed suspicious, banned without even a warning and then stop playing and don''t even bother to post here?

Also what is the purpose of a three strike system if you just go straight to banning them? A level 2 account.... surely it would be appropriate to warn such a low level account in the first instance? Especially if it is just a "guilt by association" offence?

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • Those people will need to appeal before Niantic will know what accounts to look at.

• <"Like I said before, you have annoyed both niantic and the community"> So many spokes persons for Niantic.... Niantic has never said to me that I am annoying them, you are speculating.

Lol I know it was you who reported them, you even messaged me to tell me that those accounts were banned once they did gat banned. But anyway Niantic is the one who will see if you did or not.

<"Niantic may have even been proactive"> More speculation from a Niantic spokes person.

Niantic could be helping Musk achieve his dream to fly to Mars.... not relevant to the facts and the situation because you are just offering speculation and conjecture...

• Actually, you created a false Facebook account and sent me a message via messenger (I was able to take screenshots before you deactivated the account). I responded and during that conversation you said "guess what?" You then told me your 2legit2exist account just got banned. I then advised I just got word that all accounts associated with you were bamned. Nowhere in that conversation did I say I reported anyone lol.

You just assumed (incorrectly) again. Just like you assumed in all comms that another agent got you banned. And just like you assume who's in the Xfac group. And just like you assume ingress players got PoGo portals removed. All baseless assumptions.

Anyways, got more important things to do than keep chatting. Get your gf, the child, and anyone else you believe were banned incorrectly to lodge a support ticket with niantic. They will reinstate if they've made an error

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

<"(I was able to take screenshots before you deactivated the account)"> I have not deactivated any FB account, neither a true one.. or a false one? ....

You said you got word RoastedPotatos and CaptLulz had been banned, show the screenshots then if you have them because that is what you said.

And in that conversation you were told they were legit accounts and who owned them, yet you and your group still proceeded to report them vexatiously.

<"You just assumed (incorrectly) again. Just like you assumed in all comms"> Nothing posted here is based on assumption, I have listed the facts. You just seem extremely interested in trying to discredit the facts for some reason....

<"I then advised I just got word that all accounts associated with you were baned"> When I refer to 'you' as getting the accounts banned, I am obviously referring to you and the others in the discord that are bulk reporting. It is not an assumption m.ate you just posted here that you were kept up to date with the status of the accounts, and you have posted in the other thread that you are reporting. These are facts from yourself no assumptions. You guys have stated you set up a discord for the reporting of accounts, and so I refer to that discord that you yourself mentioned. Not assumed. Now you have mentioned that you're not on Discord and you only use Telegram, so sure you relay with someone on telegram to the discord I mean the technical specifics are hardly relevant surely? The fact is that you guys have set up a group and are flooding bulk reports, and legit players are getting banned as a result.

This is factual, you can refute it as much as you like but this is the facts, if you want to refute it start supplying facts. Not speculation, conjecture or irrelevant nonsense.

<" All baseless assumptions"> Errrrmmmmm your own admissions show that they are not baseless.

<"They will reinstate if they've made an error"> Yea if they can actually get a support person to review the accounts, currently this is not attainable.

• Novo, don't think we didn't try appealing. After my first account went straight to strike 3, I appealled and they couldn't find my account, tried twice with the same result. I suspect they have issues with gmail accounts that are actually FB logins.

That's when I started playing on a new account, and of course I appealled when that got banned, they found the account this time but denied the appeal. At first I thought my phone might be dodgy, but this account was on a fresh phone dedicated to Ingress.

So I can confirm Niantic has false positives - I don't cheat in PoGo and I don't cheat in Ingress. I'm someone who would happily walk up a mountain at night. But now that I've posted here, I can probably expect to lose my account again. Not sure why there's a 3 strikes system if I go straight to a ban without knowing what I did wrong.

I wish Niantic would strike a balance between Ingress and PoGo.

• This would make sense, other persons account is gmail tied to a FB also and they cannot find the account. Great support.... better support from a bunch of baboons in the Sahara.

• @shrimpdamadman always behind the scenes, never any talking from you lol, why?