Player Reporting Player

Hello, I don't think you should ban people based only on reports from players. We have a xfac discord in our region and so people from both teams are reporting players, even legitimate players and they are getting banned. Here is a picture from my friend walking up a hill at night to take some portals, she took the picture to show she was there legit, but the xfac discord in our area all get together and they flood the TR bot with reports and they are saying things like you can't be in the **** at night therefore the account is spoofing blah blah, which is simply untrue and they are getting accounts banned.

My friend who took this picture, her account is banned now but she only plays legit. Fair enough if she was cheating, but she was 100% not cheating I know that for a fact and it got banned not long after she went up the mountain at night and took this picture. When her green account got banned by these salty xfac discord group, she tried to start a blue account but they had it banned too.

IMO Niantic is going to ruin the game if they let the players act in a predatory fashion like this and allow them to flood reports and have new players banned. No one in our city can create a new account and play because they get banned by these people reporting within days.

Comments

• Novoca1neNovoca1ne ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Youu just don't get it do you my friend. Players don't ban other players, niantic do. They investigate an account and make their own determination to ban based on "facts". Agents report suspicious activities, niantic investigate and ban if warranted. Just so we're crystal clear here, players do not ban other players.

If an account is banned, most the time it's because they've done something in breach of ToS.

Please also do some research on what TR's are used for. The portal in your screenshot is a local portal therefore doesn't meet the criteria to lodge a TR. Furthermore, the account in question (FatGymFilller aka CaptLulz) were both probably banned for multi-accounting. Same agent running two accounts is in breach of ToS. You yourself confirmed in other messages they were running two accounts and helped you out as a spoofer.

The rules in Ingress are very simple: 1 person, 1 account and no spoofing.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

You had FatGymFiller banned so she made CaptLulz... how is that multi accounting? She only had one account at a time and she had to make the second one because you had her first one banned.

I did not say she helped me out as a spoofer at all, please supply this message.

To make it nice and simple for you, just like how they would teach you math in primary school, if you have one apple and you eat it, then you got and get another apple, you only have 1 apple not multiple apples. So how is that multi accounting?

RoastedPotatos, another account banned by your reports that has only ever played 100% legit and has only ever had the one account, once you had her banned she never bothered to make another account.

So yes, your reports are getting legitimate players banned Novoca1ne, you shouldn't have access to the TR bot IMO.

• Once again, niantic investigate and ban if the "facts" warrant a ban. Simply submitting a report for suspicious activity does not result in a ban. Nough said!

The simple solution to all your problems is to not cheat.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

So it appears that Niantic does not actually investigate, so take note players, you can report your opponents and they will get banned based solely on suspicion, and it probably helps if you flood the TR bot with 10 tickets per minute.

• Take note players, if you run multiple accounts and spoof you will more than likely get banned 😊

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

@Novoca1ne RoastedPotatoes was level 2.... 1 account she only had the one account and it never spoofs or anything so how do you explain it getting banned? You did report it, Niantic can see you tickets I'm sure and when they look at the data and see you are getting legit accounts banned eventually they will cut off your access I think because yea you are costing them players with your vexatious reports. Cheating accounts fair enough, but you are getting legit accounts banned.

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • @Novoca1ne if you're so confident that RoastedPotatoes was spoofing or multi-accounting, please supply the evidence that you submitted with your report.

• Lol. You still don't get it.

Niantic ban based on "facts", not because an agent asks for an account to be banned. I could lodge a thousand reports against an agent and they not get banned because niantic don't have the "facts" to justify a ban. Niantic would probably remove my ability to lodge reports though 😊.

1 person, 1 account, no spoofing

• It seems you're the one that isn't getting it... the facts are that the accounts are legit, and they are being banned. The facts also are that you reported them.

So put the facts together, legitimate accounts are being reported by you and getting banned. That is the facts, anything else that you say is inconsequential.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

@Novoca1ne also I'm still waiting for the evidence on RoastedPotatoes that you filed with your report, what reason would you have to report RoastedPotatoes? Because she happened to be walking with me on that day? Is that a crime worthy of a report? She shouldn't have even been reported, you'll get your comeuppance tho I spose.

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • You missed the part about Niantic bans based on their "facts", not based on a report.

1 person, 1 account, no spoofing.

P.S. Would be kinda cool though if Niantic actually thought I was the most important Agent in the world and could request anything from them. All the features I'd add to Ingress. Maybe I could get a God badge?

• Well then they are banning legitimate accounts, so ToS are irrelevant at this point. Even if you adhere to the ToS you can still get banned by their fact checking. So what is the point to playing by ToS if you get banned anyway?

• Also if Niantic's fact checking is as good as the responses from their help desk then it obviously is rubbish. So it does seem that players can vexatiously report other players, and Niantic are unable to properly fact check and they are banning legitimate players. These are the facts. Supply data/evidence if you want to prove me wrong. I still see nothing from you.

• You will need to direct this question to Niantic as they're the ones doing the banning and have all the "facts".

1 person, 1 account, no spoofing.

• Exactly why I have posted here. Niantic need to have a look at RostedPotatoes and CaptLulz at least because they did not cheat definitely I know this to be factual.

2legit2exist did not cheat but maybe that was banned because multi-accounting... but then in the email they say you are welcome to start a new account and play to the ToS so I don't really see why they would ban both the cheating and legit accounts, but it's not so bad if that's the case. But definitely those 2 accounts above, and also Ag3nt3l3v3n they have not cheated at all so hopefully Niantic will look at the data, actually do fact checking and realise that you are vexatiously reporting. Maybe they will maybe they wont, but at least I will say something so they can look.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

@Azhreia <"You seem to be under the misconception that players ban players, Once again, this is simply not true.">

It would be good if what you were saying was true, but it doesn't appear to be true what you are saying. It is probably a misconception because it is the actual case that it is happening....

<"You stated yourself you have "3 legit accounts and 3 cheating accounts". How do you expect to be taken seriously?"> Only 1 legit account at a time, I kept trying to play legit but I guess Ingress players do not allow it. At no point did I say I have 3 cheating accounts.

And I'm not complaining about me, I am speaking on behalf of the legitimate players that get banned. I don't care about me I just make more accounts and cheat because if I can't play legit why not?

• Novoca1neNovoca1ne ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Niantic won't investigate based on what you write in here. Those agents need to go through the support bot and lodge a ticket using the email/account that was banned. Each banned agent needs to lodge their own support ticket.

Once again, I do not get agents banned. Their actions and Niantic's investigations get them banned. Furthermore, you have been advised on numerous occasions others within our community are lodging support tickets due to spoofing etc however I am happy to take the fall for them 😊

• @Novoca1ne no I am well aware it's not just you, it's the whole xfac discord I'd imagine. But as I say, I know for 100% certain that legitimate players are getting banned. And so you can't really complain about spoofers when you ban legitimate ToS adhering players. Again, still no data from you, so I rest my case and I leave it in the hands of Niantic, they will fix their system or leave it broken up to them. For me, given I can't play legit, I'm gunna spoof, and you should stop complaining because you have only yourselves to blame. If they want me to play by the ToS then they should stop banning me and otyher people who play to the ToS it is plain and simple. Keep banning legit players, get spoofed.

• You've said this all before. You agreed to play legit however still had 3 spoofer accounts active. That's multi-accounting which will result in a ban. You were also using the spoof accounts to assist your legit account level up etc. That will also probably get you banned.

Furthermore, less than 12hrs after you agreed to play legit you spoofed and baffed because of some absurd notion that ingress players got some PoGo portals near you removed.

You have made it very clear to Niantic and the Ingress community that the only thing that matters is you, not the community, and you will punish the community if you don't get what you want.

The only person of blame here is you. Your actions have caused bans. No other reason. Stop blaming others for your misfortunes.

• Do any of these PoGo players use any illicit software in PoGo? The reason I ask is that Niantic is far more likely to ban if they detect spoofer software on the device, or it's a device that's regularly been caught spoofing.

Additionally, regarding "not banning legit accounts, just the spoofing ones", banning legit accounts is a punishment. They are taking away something you value, as punishment for spoofing. If they only deleted the accounts you don't care about, you don't lose anything.

Regarding "I know 100% for certain", that is not and never can be true about anyone but yourself, and you have admitted to cheating. In what way could anyone even start to trust your claim about someone else if you have already admitted you were cheating...

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

@Novoca1ne as I've said, it's not about me. The legit players I am referring to are not me.... they are other players that do play legit and have been banned by your reporting. It is true I cheated and still cheat, I don't really care if my legit accounts got banned because as you rightly point out, I'm going to continue to cheat because of your actions. Didn't use any accounts to help level up my legit account, false claim by you.

It is funny that you appear to be some kind of spokes person for Niantic, but you're not. You're just guessing. You give their support way more credit than is due given that they can't even find accounts when a ban appeal is submitted. You should stop speaking on behalf of Niantic, I think very little of what you say is actually factual and the amount of time you backflip on your story on this very thread alone shows you are not very credible.

As for the pokestops I have previously supplied images from our discord where an ingress player came and told us that gym was removed by ingress player reports, and subsequently the downgraded stop was also removed. Given that it is only the stops and gyms around us that got removed, it's not hard to take the stated threats as fact. I have supplied the images. When the only stuff in the immediate area getting removed is the stuff threatened by the ingress player..... it's pretty obvious that they have lodged fake reports and had them removed. Which is supper funny because you're claiming that I'm hurting the community etc... but I'm not the one removing things permanently from the game...... that's you lot, so you are doing the very things you are complaining about.

<"You have made it very clear to Niantic and the Ingress community that the only thing that matters is you, not the community, and you will punish the community if you don't get what you want."> What is it I want though? I don't want anything.... I'm just pointing out that you are getting legit players banned.

<"The only person of blame here is you. Your actions have caused bans. No other reason. Stop blaming others for your misfortunes."> Untrue, you have reported legitimate ToS adhering players and they have been banned, that is on you.

It seems that comment with images have to be approved so just see this thread https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/60903#Comment_60903

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

No pogo spoofing software.

<"Additionally, regarding "not banning legit accounts, just the spoofing ones", banning legit accounts is a punishment"> Yes that might be the case and if that's true no problem with that I'll wear it.

<"Regarding "I know 100% for certain", that is not and never can be true about anyone but yourself,"> Well when one of the players is my girlfriend.... I know for 100% certain she doesn't cheat, she wouldn't even know how to and she's not interested enough in ingress to bother, she only played because I wanted her to come walking with me and play, her account was level 2.....

<"In what way could anyone even start to trust your claim about someone else if you have already admitted you were cheating..."> Surely the fact that I am honest about my cheating and stuff would count towards that trust. Everything I have said is true, you can take it or leave it but I am hoping Niantic looks at the data and at least stops banning the legit players, you can ban me I don't care, just doesn't seem right to be banning legit players.

• Dude, firstly, ingress players reporting portals in Ingress do not result in PoGo stops/gyms being removed.

Secondly, niantic do not provide a specific reason as to why a portal/stop/gym is removed and they certainly don't divulge who requested it. Given this, the discord account you state is an Ingress player would have absolutely no idea who requested a removal and why it was removed.

Your understanding of how niantic operates and the mechanisms behind banning and removing portals/gyms/stops is seriously flawed!

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

They fill out a report to have it removed in Pogo not Ingress. They are doing it, stuff has been removed after their threats. Hopefully Niantic looks at that data as well and sees that their verification process for gym/stop removal is being abused by you guys.

You can say what you want but the fact is an ingress player came in and threatened to have our stops removed and it has happened. This is factual information from me to you, so anything that you are saying I don't care for. Hopefully Niantic can see what you'se are up to.

• Unlikely. I know the Ingress player you're referring too and she never threatened such things. She also advised it was a long time PoGo player who requested their removal, not an Ingress player. This coincides with evidence I've seem from the Canberra PoGo community distancing themselves from your actions as they state you do not represent them and that they condone your actions.

Furthermore, niantic remove stops/gyms based on their evaluation of "facts". Agent reporting does not guarantee a takedown.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Oh ok so you're admitting that there is reports put in... just before you were saying that it couldn't be done and that I don't know the mechanics yet suddenly you're across the situation?

Your exact words were <"Given this, the discord account you state is an Ingress player would have absolutely no idea who requested a removal and why it was removed."> and then you just said <"I know the Ingress player you're referring too and she never threatened such things. She also advised it was a long time PoGo player who requested their removal, not an Ingress player"> So which is it? You are the king of contradicting yourself. You say she wouldn't know anything about it and then a few posts down you divulge that she knows all about it and that it's a pogo player.... lol you can't even stick to your own story.

<"This coincides with evidence I've seem from the Canberra PoGo community distancing themselves from your actions as they state you do not represent them and that they condone your actions."> Just did a quick whip round with the community.... no one knows what you are talking about, but I am glad they condone my actions in any case.

Of course I do not represent the PoGo community in my city, why would I even claim such? You are now just talking nonsense things.

"Agent reporting does not guarantee a takedown" No one said anything about it being guaranteed, you're trying to steer the facts away from the case that is you guy are reporting stops/gyms and having them removed, you yourself know all about it you've just admitted, trying to say it was a Pogo player, which is a backflip on your original statements which were no one knew anything and can't be done blah blah....

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • Novoca1neNovoca1ne ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Read my reply again. She never threatened Removal and advised a long-time PoGo player requested their removal. Nothing to do with ingress at all.

I also stated that PoGo takedowns can't be submitted from within ingress. That is a fact

I am simply correcting your incorrect ascertain that ingress players and/or the Xfac group threatened to remove PoGo portals and then had them removed. This is simply not true and a baseless statement.

• h3IIoh3IIo ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Keep diggin' bruv

If you look at my pictures on this thread https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/60903#Comment_60903, she said "Aaand everyone will start losing stops." That is a threat, quite clearly came in and threatened to have stops and such removed, you are lying again.

Post edited by h3IIo on
  • Oh please! You're getting desperate now Lappy.

I had a portal removed at the end of my street that I used regularly. Didn't cry, didn't chuck a tantrum, didn't create fake accounts and spoof lol. That's just life. Grown-ups move on.

Have a nice day.