New Mods Weapons When?

Title says it all. Are there any plans for new stuffs? It's gettin' kinda stale out there...

Comments

• Questions like this never get proper answers....

• HevneHevne ✭✭

simple answer: first redacted has to be dropped

• CybertherionCybertherion ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Yep. I'm fairly sure y'all will get tons of new features when the salty old schoollers stop whining about "back in my day"...

Which is true, because [REDACTED] has to be dropped. In fact, the choice is out of the dev's hands. It's weird, I swear people on the internet read the internet a lot less than I do, and I only read it for Ingress and cat related details.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

As others have said, once Redacted is retired, and it's Prime only with the new servers, they can do a lot of new things, and possibly add new mods and weapons. They can certainly add new challenges and in game "effects" like blue or red XM. There probably will be lots of different Beacons. Maybe they can do fun things like the toast avatar or pac-man theme too. But they have to get past the Redacted retirement.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love a granade like xmp...

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm against adding too many hackable items. Every new item added effectively decreases the drop rate of pre-existing items. The more items they add, the more likely they'll be overspecialized, and not as useful (i.e., ITO transmuters). I'd rather stick to useful basics than esoterics.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
  • GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello! Allow me to post this old suggestions sent to Krug a couple years ago, when Circle-K Power Cubes came out.

XM Tank:

·this item collects xm when the xm bar is already full

·on use, it re-fills your xm bar (must be full)

·it is a unique item (you only have one) aquireable from store (like keylockers)

·its capacity scales with your agent access level (it should be the same as your xm bar capacity)

Battery Portal Mod:

·this item reduces portal discharge to 10% (default is 15%)

·effect does not stack (like ITO mods, which came out time after)

·while present, portal produces extra xm around itself and also increases Power Cube output when hacked

Black Out Virus:

·this item discharges target portal by 80% of its current resonators energy on use

·if other portals were linked, they lose 40% of their current resonators energy

·the virus discharges 20% of energy of portals linked on its 2nd jump, excluding those already affected by 1st jump (this one sound buggy, but it is a suggestion!)

·since it is a virus, it falls into the weapons category and is affected by virus inmunity

Mod crafter:

·this item allows you to mix 2 different portal mods into a new one

·it has an activity cooldown, so it requires gameplay to be used again (ap gain)

·it is a unique item, aquireable in store (like keylockers)

·generated mod would carry unique properties of mixed mods, so for example, AXA (now called Aegis) + Heat Sink VR gives a Heat Sink VR with AXA shielding extra properties, but AXA + VR Portal Shield results into a normal AXA (gets the hihgest values). This item would not accept Sponsored items due to its extremely powerful properties: only simple items, with one property.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Amp Turret: VR, has the properties of both a Force Amp and a Turret.
    • Ito X: VR, transmutes hacked mods into power cubes.
    • CM Locker: Holds up to 100 beacons or Frackers without counting towards inventory. This will make players more likely to spend money on items that would cap inventory.
    • Charge Amp: VR, halves decay rate of resonators, increases charge efficiency over greater distances, and makes Frackers last 50% longer.
    • Key Cloner: VR Capsule that instantly duplicates any key placed in it, but is destroyed in the process. For emergency key replication.
    • Glyph Amp: VR, when a portal is hacked automatically forces a complex glyph sequence.
    • CM Locker: Holds up to 100 beacons or Frackers without counting towards inventory. This will make players more likely to spend money on items that would cap inventory.
    • Charge Amp: VR, halves decay rate of resonators, increases charge efficiency over greater distances, and makes Frackers last 50% longer.
    • Key Cloner: VR Capsule that instantly duplicates any key placed in it, but is destroyed in the process. For emergency key replication.
    • Glyph Amp: VR, when a portal is hacked automatically forces a complex glyph sequence
    • Glyph Amp: VR, when a portal is hacked automatically forces a complex glyph sequence.
    • Glyph Amp: VR, when a portal is hacked automatically forces a complex glyph sequence