Badge UI suggestion

First time here so forgive me if this is the wrong place for this.

I was wondering if a UI update could be done to to place a % complete clock shadow (for lack of a better term) over the badges so that you can see how far along to the next level you are.

I have come up with 2 shading options (I prefer #1). Note X is whatever vale the badge represents - hacks, links, captures, etc.

Option 1)

Have the % complete represent the (accumulated X/X required for next level) for each badge. So if you are working on the gold level for the Hacker badge it would initially start as 10000 (Silver)/30000 (12-4 o'clock) as normal and the 4-12 o'clock would be darker.

This would give the agent a quick overview of the badge status without having to dive into each one. It would also give the agent a sense of how long it can take to get the next badge since all the badges would relate to the same time point (when the agent started playing ingress).

Option 2)

The alternative shading would start at 0 again on achieving a new badge level and % complete would be represent (accumulated X - last level X) / (X required for next level - last level X). The drawback for this method is that the badge completion status would relate to the last time the badge was earned - making it different for each badge and harder to estimate the amount of time that might be required to level up.

What do you think? Which option would you go with?

Tagged:

Comments