New year, new Mission Day process

Comments

• I hope this will ingress the number of mission days available throughout the year.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that the MD with Partner template has one of the Auckland Mission Day pics?

Reckon this is very cool

• Is it possible or unlikely that a Mission Day would be on the same day as First Saturday? Is it possible to run them congruent.?

• niantic, the registration/check in progress is a joke

please enable in app registration and a checkout physical verificiation.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

No need, as they will use a similar system for checking players have done the minimum requirement server side.

This means that a person can do the anytime on the day which suits them, instead of the rushing around, especially when players may have flights to catch

•  And I not longer have the desire to participate, exactly because of that. Medal locked forever.

I considered the best design of all medals (the old one), looks like a military insignia, agent in fact.

• Why do we get partnership when a venue is not needed?

• The new mission day's guideline mentions no in-app registration and physical check-in, which means that there will not be a large group of people gathering. Especially in mainland China, the pressure on public order and security has been reduced.

Does this mean that agents in mainland China can also apply for MD? (Refer to the practice in Mainland China when applying for the First Saturday)

• Without POCs and a physical check-in, there's no reason to interact with anyone. I would expect this to undermine the event-centered communities, especially given that Anomalies seem to have at present been replaced by non-team events. Doesn't seem wise, frankly,

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

One month is very little time for planning travel to a mission day. Please consider announcing mission days earlier!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

getting a partner approved means higher chances getting the MD in your town if im reading the guidelines correct.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Why there is a template if most of MD don't follow the template and have unique missions medal?

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet, Mission Days have continued without you, thus proving your spirit is not integral to the process.

• Is there time to get an application approved for the February 29 hexalathon events?

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

The new guidelines seem to limit Mission Days to 18 missions. I had been hoping for more, planning to have 18 missions within the centre area of the city and another 6 in some of the notable areas that are a bit further out. That way most players would be able to easily get the 18, but really hardcore players would explore further and complete the other 6.

Could the limit be clarified?

• They haven't allowed unique mission images since about Darsana Prime last year.

• I've already started the process of doing a Mission Day in SoCal since last month knowing that they would have to release the forms out sometime this month. I have 3 more photos to take and I'm done with just about everything. the last thing to do is turn in the registration form. With the new requirements, I don't know how they can deny every MD request. The only people doing the leg work are the POCs that want to get it in. I haven't been a POC for an IFS yet and I plan on getting there someday, but Mission Days are my jam since being POC at Cassandra Prime San Diego and then a few months later for Temecula.

This new process for no in-app registration, no physical check-in is nice, but the no need for on-site venue is going to be weird as Agents like to hang out with each other afterwards. My suggestion is to everyone who's going to do this once you find out that your city is hosting, go create a Telegram chatroom and spread it like wild fire to your locals to get information out if you'll be having a venue to host an after-party at. Like my last two Mission Days I plan on making a Mission Day event biocard to pass out to everyone that attends. Agents love a little bit of swag!

• That appears to be one that had sponsorship from the local tourism board or something like that to use the city logo, you could have custom if you had the sponsorship. But no more custom agent-made ones. I tried to do custom artwork for Darsana Prime Vegas MD last March and Ethan told us that we couldn't unless it was sponsored.

• Since attendance can be in the hundreds, Security aspects are not covered. Also no alignment with other events is needed. I am genuialy concerned about the safety of the players attending.

• In the Guideline says that Hexatlon events will have priority when they postulate a Mission Day. Hopefully, there will be interest in applying for a Mission Day in the short time remaining.

• In the past, people with mobility problems had the option of doing only one mission and the POC would register them (after check) at the end for a medal. In this new format where there is no physical check-in but an automated process of verification that the person has completed 6 missions on the day of the event, will they still be able to do 1 mission? How will Niantic verify this?

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticOfficial

Lots of good stuff in this announcement!

In the guidelines, I see that Niantic has offered to share "community organized resources and activities." That's fantastic. Has any thought been given to offering the same for other events, such as Hexathlons and Anomalies?

• Great!

• Why force the POCs to create 18 missions if only 6 are required to obtain the badge? Many smaller towns (with 1000+ years of history) do not have 108 interesting portals, but would be ideal for a 12-mission MD anytime.

I believe the picture of the missions don't need to be a portal, like if it has a know lake or other natural feature that is a touristic point, but without any valid portal there you can use it as picture and nearby portals.