Perpetua Hexathlon event detail updates

Comments

• They will likely schedule any mission days for the day after hexathlon, like they do for ones attached to anomaly sites. Hexathlon Saturday, Mission Day Sunday.

• CapeValkyrieCapeValkyrie ✭✭
    edited January 2020

I have to agree with everyone: traveling thousands of km / miles for 90 min of play is not viable for most people.

In addition, the challenge does not sound much of a challenge to me. 30 glyph points? I make over 100 on level 1 portals during FS. The resos deployed and destroyed is also done in the first 10 minutes. The only challenge is perhaps the artefacts.

Ingress players by nature are competitive folks.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

So... I got Elite medal on Field Test. Will there be any way to see that I got it during the Field Test, and not during Perpetua? Will these be two different medals? I want Field Test medal to stay as it is: dedicated to Field Test exclusively.

• The original post refers to in-app registration, "Registration through the in-app ticketing system will open next Thursday, January 16th 9AM PST." If you haven't registered you won't be taking part in the event even if you hack the start portal.

• Anyone in Adelaide, Australia applied for a MD yet for the Sunday?

I don't mind a Hexathlon event, but travelling all that way for just 90 mins of play... well it's a bit of a let down. A MD will make it worth it

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

@TMoneyistheOne if you are worried about getting credit for the Hexalathon on accident DO NOT register for the Hexalathon after tickets go live. Also make sure you do not hack the registration portal while the registration ornament is live (between 1:30 - 2:00pm). Niantic should ideally only give credit to those who click on register and hack the portal while registration is active not everyone who hacks the portal during the event day.

• Calico007Calico007 ✭✭
    edited January 2020

I enjoyed the hexathalon field test. It was fun trying to get the top 10, and watching the leaderboards to track your progress. It seems with these rules anyone with the elite badge will keep it, so there is no motivitation for trying to get in the top 10 for any future hexathalon event. It would have been nice to have 2 versions of the perpetua medal (nornal and elite) to help motiviate people who previously got elite. There doesn't seem to be any incentive for anyone who has the elite medal to do anything except the bare minimum, and in fact if someone already has an elite badge and they get in the top 10 in a future hexathalon they would end up pushing someone else lower down the leaderboard and potentially prevent them from getting the elite medal, which seems like a mean thing to do.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Another Hank Johnson medal? U had him last month in store? Give us a ada or res char to buy for blue team

• rz231rz231 ✭✭✭

totally agree with your points. But... Munich isn't really that bad...

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

well competition is not wintrade.

ou don"t want the other to win at all.

like for test field many not only had 1 elite category but more preventing elite for others. That's competition.

And one of the fail wa that it was 10% of registered agents not 10% of participant (hacked the portal)

So if it does not change if all the agents not coming register for the event everyone will have the elite 😅

But i still don't see any reason to do anything else than hack the registration portal when you already have the elite medal. nothing to win only vrsh to waist

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

But i still don't see any reason to do anything else than hack the registration portal when you already have the elite medal. nothing to win only vrsh to waist

@Khatre that's probably intentionally so everybody gets a chance.

I still think a tiered badge with 5 ranks (like MD) raising up at each Hexatlon would be better. This fixed badge, and the perpetua with 2 rank, regular and elite.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

agreed there's no incentive to be elite again here .

So that's not a real competition, or kindergarden competition where everyone is a winner 😂

edited January 2020

Would be better that way:

Rank up Hexatlon badge (up to Onix/black)

Regular perpetua for attendings (the yellow)

Elite perpetua (rank up over the yellow) for elite:

Players will have to choose at each Hexatlon series if they want to keep the regular one or compete for the series elite version.

For example, if a player decided to attend every perpetua city, he will rank up the standard Hexatlon +1 for every event, but will only get one Perpetua. If he loses in all, he will end with the standard perpetua (yellow), but if the win in at least one, he emd with Elite, over the yellow.

On the next series (lexicon) that player will keep Ranking up the standard Hexatlon badge (like attending every MD) and now will get a new badge for Lexicon with the chance of rank it up to elite.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

If the Elite medal is on your profile before the Avenir Shard, Resurgence, or Umbra Hack medal, we'll be able to figure it out.

• "We currently do not have plans to have additional events, such as GORUCK, OCF, or OPR Live. However, we will prioritize any applications for Mission Days for these cities to make it a fun-filled weekend."

It is really sad to see that. I'm leaving Buenos Aires on vacation that very day and I don't regret missing the event at all.

I don't care about a couple of pixels on my profile that you call medals, something so vain and cosmetic doesn't engages me into the event. I like challenges, I like difficulties, I like planning, I like competition, I like to fight for my faction. That's what makes the day memorable and the medal valuable. Even recharging remotely without a medal is valuable for me for the Team. The amount of organization, strategy and planning behind that is great and I'm all in for it! Goofing around hacking alone? I do that every day!

I would LOVE to participate in a GORUCK event. But this? Funniest thing is that I'm part of the local orga and I won't be participating. I even find FS a lot more engaging than this. But even a MD doesn't cut losing a vacation day with my friends.

So if this serves your tests, these games are not engaging but boring. Team element is what made Ingress what it was. WAS. It feels that that is lost.

I hope you don't mess with local times (Buenos Aires is GMT -3 all year round, that's negative 3) and that servers can withstand the load that day.

Ps: GORUCK seem to be the best event around and the game play related to Ingress is minimum... That's something to think about.

• MxxMxx ✭✭✭✭

There's no "end" location. There's a check-in portal to get instructions and then there's the playbox.

I'de like to say that I don't think that destroy 6 resonators isn't a good substitute for walking 3km.

This Hexatlon is way too easier than the field test, people will be able to do it by less than 5 minutes, interacting only with two portal (check-in and one target).

And since there is no incentive to move around there's probably gonna be small cross faction groups, destroing and deploying massively, like an FS event.

I believe hacking or capturing unique portals would be a far better option in this case, so trekkers would be able to compete between then.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

If the regular and elite badges were tiered there would be more incentive.

I remember the nightmare of tiering the Mission Day badge after the fact -- Niantic, please get this one right the first time.

And as others have said, a single-participation event is a pale substitute for the teamwork of an anomaly, especially when there is one anomaly for the whole planet in a region traditionally dominated by one faction.

• @NianticBrian @NianticOfficial no offsite ticket for Perpetua Hexathlon? What about u say on older posts? 😡

How can you be off-site on a Hexatlon? It's not an anomaly.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Offline participants could register, then get a different set of challenges. If they do them, they get the Perpetua badge. But Hexathlon badge is only for onsite participants.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Unknown, but when the event schedule was originally announced, the post did say (emphasis mine):

More information about all of these events will be coming in the following weeks and months ahead. We plan to release the February Perpetua Hexathlon cities next week. All of these events will have free onsite and offsite participation tickets with medals awarded for ticketed participants.

Hence why some people are asking about off-site participation for the Hexathlons. 🤷‍♂️

• Here u can see what i say. Maybe u can solve puzzles or get another type of challenges. Just to get the Perpetua Medal.