Questions for Calvin

Truthseekers: A little bird tells me that Ezekiel Calvin will be making a transmission from inside the Anomalous Bubble on Wednesday, January 15th at 1800 UTC. I don't know about you, but I personally have a LOT of questions for Calvin. If you do too, post them here.

- PAC

Tagged:

Comments

• Oh, not the new AMA. I’ll see myself out. <<whistling song from Disney’s Robin Hood>>

• M4NDR4M4NDR4 ✭✭✭

How was spending holidays inside the bubble??

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Greetings Calvin. Let us get straight to the point: Why did you turn the Niantic researchers into Simulacra during the onboarding? Sure, it might have helped you now against Nemesis, but if you knew about them during that time, I'd be very surprised.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

When we can send in feedback about portals dont follow criteria? I hope the bubble can help us.

• Hi, Calvin. What do you think of the possibility of Nemesis being a Niantic researcher?

• MailEaterMailEater ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to know detail of where you are. How many rooms? How wideness? Has there any bedrooms or showerrooms? When you open the edge door of bubble, what can you see?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Any new details on The goal of Nemesis, their members, the Undine Silica, anything?

Post edited by ArkFang on
  • Do you regret making the bet with Schubert?

• Why is Stuart Lightner in the bubble with you guys? You all seem rather comfortable with him being around, even though he's not a Niantic researcher, and thus shouldn't be in there with you.

• AstralDreamer1AstralDreamer1 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Dr Calvin, it was nice meeting you in Chicago. How are you guys keeping up morale in your situation? How long have you actually been in the bubble (asking because anomalous zones do weird stuff to time)

EDIT: text

Post edited by InvestigateXM on
  • Calvin, you've been stuck in that Anomalous Bubble for quite some time and I would think your **** was quite stressful. How are you doing? Anomalous Zones tend to have much higher XM levels then anywhere else. Have you noticed any strange effects mental or physical?

• CataCatCataCat ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Greetings Ezekiel Calvin, I have a few questions for you.

1. In an interview you gave in Chicago you claim that you transformed the Niantic researchers into simulacra to protect them from nemesis. How long have you known of nemesis? When and how did they first came to your attention?

2. Is there any other reason you had for turning the Niantic researchers into simulacra (your counterpart in the 1218 certainly had other motivations).

3. What is your position on the use of assassins by the NIA? Have you use such operatives?

4. Why was/is level 8 off limits? What are you keeping there?

5. (Possibly related to 4) Victoria Kureze said you had quite the share of arguments. Could you tell us what they've been about?

6. What is your opinion on Hulong?

7. Oliver is usually held responsible for the Epiphany night, but you encouraged and gave him the green light despite Devra's warning. Do you feel responsible for that event?

8. What did you expect to accomplish with the XM research at the Niantic project? Any specific goal besides "pure knowledge".

9. We know Misty hasn't awaken from stasis. Why do you think this is? Did you have anything to do with it?

10. Any thoughts on the recent discovery of Nemesis members looking like the Niantic researchers (1218 Hank, Osiris Schubert and Kureze). Do you think they are a Niantic project from another universe? If so, don't you think you might want to listen to whatever they have to say? Do you think their leader is a version of yourself? Would you be willing to talk to them?

EDIT: text

Post edited by InvestigateXM on
    edited January 2020

To piggyback on @CataCat Question 10:

Apparently, both Helvetica/Shubert and AuroraMyriad/Yuri look exactly like their Osiris counterparts, but are actually from the "Nemesis" universe. What about Courier/1218Hank? Do you believe he's from the Nemesis universe too or is he actually from the 1218 universe?

((added as test))

Post edited by ArkFang on
  • Hi there

With Krug having left Niantic, I'm missing AMA. But I wonder if i could ask those kinds of questions here?

Here are my questions:

1. Identifying new portals/ Unique Portal hacks.

Like how in Pokémon Go, where pokestops which you have never spin before has a 'halo' on it, can Niantic do something to indicate if the portal has been hacked/owned by an agent? Perhaps an indicator when one checks the portal.

2. Identifying agents' origin

Aside from contacting the agent directly via COMMs, we would not know where the agent is from, or usually plays.

What if there's a an indicator/badge on the Agent's stat to inform which country the agent is from? That'd add another dimension of how far the agent has travel when capturing portals, or looking at the missions completed.

Thank you

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the wrong place. Calvin is a character in the in-game story of Ingress.

• 1. As a countermeasure against Nemesis, you explained your RPE strategy to your comrades in a bubble. But the researchers of Bubble have not yet been projected into our world. When and what are RPE boards used for? 

2. There are too many nemesis. Before you defeat the last Requiem, don't you have enough time to defeat the other seven enemies?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Greetings, Calvin. I believe this is one of the first times to have a solid discussion with you. Did you always have knowledge about the Dunraven Foundation?

If so, was the Dunraven Foundation founded in the Osiris node or is it something that is really unknown about its start?

• 1. As a countermeasure against Nemesis, you explained your RPE strategy to your comrades in a bubble. But the researchers of Bubble have not yet been projected into our world. When and what are RPE boards used for? 

2. There are too many nemesis. Before you defeat the last Requiem, don't you have enough time to defeat the other seven enemies?

Last minute question: As always, anything we can do to help you guys?