Network bug makes taking down portals to easy

2»

Comments

• Niantic, please fix this. Any cooldown enforced in client should also be enforced on server. Especially for attack and defense actions.

It is fine to queue up 10 bursters if client has poor connectivity. But when it reaches server, you should still fire one by one, pausing after each fire.

Being a dev myself I can see it as a potential challenge if you don’t happen to have per-client timers on server.

• Since you took the screen recordings public, I would have tried to make sure they match what you're stating. This is portal was 100% unshielded, which makes a huuuuuge difference in how easily it's brought down.

Whenever one of my portals has all it's shields knocked off, the most I feel I can be expected to save via remote recharging are literally only the R8, maybe the R7 if I'm lucky, and have more power cubes than they have bursters.

Incidentally, this is called burster stacking, and was much more severe a problem in Redacted. Another thing to be aware of with the stacking in Prime; you need to count the number of bursters you have before and after attacking. if you end up stacking, some bursters you "fired" will actually be refunded back into your inventory, and not actually fire.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Max burster stack was much lower in redacted. Also: shields don’t matter, they will be gone in the first handful of attacks. We are talking about actively charging a portal that was already under attack. Shields are merely a delay to get prime open.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

And I have seen and done standoff where the other agent is forced to stand around, move to try to get a response. That is within the spirit of Ingress.

Having ten seconds maxinum to take a portal before known rechargers get response and recharge like crazy basically creates an environment where multiple players mashing same portal becomes necessary.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that XMP tend to stack less since I switched to Prime.

• If a strong portal is going down this fast, perhaps there are multiple agents attacking at the same time?

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Burster stacking happens now even when you aren't trying to do it, as Prime doesn't behave the way Redacted did in lower cell signal environments. I often find that I have to close the app and launch it again when trying to fire multiple xmps as you end up with the pink nuvo ring of **** and no actions will occur until app restart.

*Edit - Huh I can't say "d e a t h" on here. Great censorship folks.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The game always gave more AP for building - playing defense. It always was "easier" to tear something down than it is to build and that is factored in the AP for destroying portals versus building. The gameplay has been the same except for tweaks with mods and shields.