Wll 2* be accepted or rejected?

There have been some discussions about this:

Some people think that 1* or 2* is reject, 3* is neutral and 4* or 5* is accept. The tipping point would be the average number of stars for all reviewers equal to 3.0

Some other people think that 1* is a reject and anything from 2* to 5* will make it being approved.

I am aware that Niantic will probably want to keep this a secret. But what do you think is most probable? What will hapen to a poi if all reviewers think "This is not a perfect one, but just good enough to accept. Let's give it 2 stars" ?

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

To my understanding, the 2* is "candidate is not in the guides as explicitly a 1* but I believe it should be."

If you were curating the largest database of semi-interactive POIs, would you allow a candidate that falls on a 2* out of 5* to add it? What about in terms of safely accessible, or whether or not the candidate exists at that location?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything more than 1-star is counted as an accept. But I do believe that if a nomination doesn't get above a certain threshold, it will still be rejected. I think Andrew touched on this in a previous AMA.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Lol, then there's the amazing October 2019 AMA:

Q: Simple yes or not opr question. If I vote 2 stars to a candidate and it gets approved....is it an agreement?

A: It’s not a simple yes or no question and one I can’t answer to avoid people gaming the system.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

But there's clear evidence he's said that 2* is a negative rating so where does this come from?

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Can be both, if three people vote 2, then one vote 1 but then 6 vote 5, it will get accepted, its all about the stars summary getting to the threshold, the difference with the 1 star is the flag that is put in the nomination, i would guess if there is like 3(just called a number) green status reviewers which 1 star something, it will be taken out and automatically rejected, but if they are voting 2 they are still considering it but might not even get into the threshold in the end, no matter if some vote 5 hence rejected and will put you as reason the parts which had less stars even when it wasnt the main reason

and all of this comes from common sense from smart people like me

• Unfortunately sense is far from common.