Looks like nothing approved in the last 3 days.

a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Wayfarer (Archive)

Has anyone accepted portals in the last 3 days? I can't find any person who gets approve.

I see new nominations from my friends, so, Wayfarer works, but nothing happens with them later.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I've had almost half a dozen location edits approved over last few days. No new POIs.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Less People who vote now?

• a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭

Then should be less approved portals, not zero :)

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

The holidays just ended, people have been busy.

It's only three days. it can usually take weeks to months to get a portal finish reviewing. Have patience.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

People on holiday not reviewing, Niantic staff being on holiday not processing bits.

Give it a week and if still nothing then you may have a point, but everything slows down for Christmas and New year

• I've had 1 rejection in the last 3 days, but there have been plenty of new portals come online in my region. Portals are coming online just fine.

• Same here, nothing happend the past 3+ days (Germany), stuff stuck in voting longer than usual. Actually nothing happened since editing was allowed in Go.

There should be more people around by now because holidays

• since 27/12 , my city

• This would fit with my observations. No approvals in any of my circles the last three days. My last approval was early morning on 30th December (Australia time, so 29th December US time). There’s comments to a similar effect on Reddit.

I understand that sometimes portals take longer to get accepted. I’m nearing 500 portals created, so I’m not new to the game. But with the number of people who have access to these sites, it should be really easy to disprove with a single screenshot of an accepted portal showing a time stamp.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I'm still getting upgrades left & right. No evidence of local new portals, though.

• CheeryDogCheeryDog ✭✭
    edited January 2020

I know I've seen my nominations accepted agreements rise on all three days, so acceptances should be happening. A fair bit slower than their rate than when I was watching last year though.

I personally haven't had any be accepted yet, but my current three nominations have gone into voting during the last 3 days.

• I checked, there's been at least 18 in southern California. It's a bit lower than normal, but I figure that's because Intel is so painful that we aren't seeing them all.

• a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭
  • a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Is it alright, or Andrew took keys from approval button also?

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

I had a rejection last night so things are processing along with edits and photos. I had photos approved the week of christmas niantic staff is constantly checking things. I just think the people in this thread need to understand a lot of submissions were sent in during the last 2-3 weeks with a lot of people off for the holiday season and people having time out and about finding things to submit.

• edited January 2020

I haven't had them approved personally, but this one had not appeared on my map until yesterday (2nd): https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=34.166573,-118.971205&z=15&pll=34.166573,-118.971205

I had a rejection 14 hours ago though.

• @kholman1 @Perringaiden There’s no question that rejected portals are coming through, it’s specifically whether portal approvals are still happening.

With how dodgy intel has been with loading portals recently, for full confidence I’d still like to see any approval email dated after December 30th.

• People say in the wayfarer subreddit that it might have something to do with a lawsuit whose 4 months to comply ended on dec 30. Approvals of new POIs might be on hold for the time being. Rejects and edits seem to be not affected.

• Well, how are we getting agreements if nothing is being approved?

I suppose edits and rejections, however you can your % tick up when the last thing you did was approve, so...

There's clearly something up though because many people are reporting it here as well.

• It could be that the agreement ticks over before the portal actually goes live.

It reminds me of back when there were limbo/dead zones around previously removed portals. Rejections would come through, but anything approved would get no response unless a support ticket was lodged, then magically would get approved within a minute of them responding to the ticket.

• So, will we have to open a ticket for all our "maybe-approved" nominations? I hope Niantic fixes that as soon as possible...

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Can agree I have had edits go through but nothing else for over a week and a half.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for added datapoints, my most recent "accept" was Dec 29, and since then three things that should have all been shoe-in acceptances were rejected:

• Dec 30: an indoor RC club
    • Dec 30: a lunch pavilion
    • Jan 3: a stunningly unique and eye-catching architectural structure

Still waiting on five more things submitted Dec 25/26. Three other things submitted those two days were accepted:

• a memorial bench (yay?)
    • a hall (hosts weddings, events, etc)
    • a park sign
  • AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea the plausible theory makes sense. Based on people still seeing accepted agreements I am hoping they are in an in between limbo Approved but not live.

• As usual, top notch communication from Niantic.

I assume they simply changed the requirement to need a minimum of 1000 5* or some other stupid temporary hold.

Think about it. How would they actually accept submissions but not let it reflect on our pages? They are awful developers. Think of the easiest or laziest possible solution and that's what they've done.

Wayfarer was already slowing down and Niantic. who seem to have not decided to prepare for their own lost lawsuit until the deadline, have killed it. No one is reviewing or cares to.

And of course whilst they keep us in the dark, if they ever resolve the legal issues behind it, they won't say anything. If their temporary hold causes us to get things rejected and upgrades wasted, will they apologize for the abuse of labour? Fark no.

As always, Niantic doesn't care. They treat their users like shite. Is NianticCasey some kind of community manager? Nowhere to be found as usual.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020