Why do Ingress upgrades take days to get into voting when PoGo takes hours?

BeeBeeZeeBeeBeeZee ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

I don't know how many times I have to report this and get told by Support "everything is working fine". No, it isn't.

PoGo upgrades once applied hit voting in hours and maybe even get a decision within a day.

Within a day, my Ingress upgrade hasn't even gone into voting. It takes a minimum of 3, if not a week to get into voting for the same cell, multiple times. It's bullshite.

It's the 28th of Dec, but Niantic pretty much respond never all year round, so no excuses for "end of the year". You guys don't even work, never respond to anything on this pointless forum and remain incompetent as ever.

Comments

• It takes a minimum of 3, if not a week to get into voting  <- That fast? Lucky.

My PoGo stuff hits voting random between hrs and weeks.

• With upgrades or without?

My statement was with upgrades. Without, things don't move.

• RyuuVanDracoRyuuVanDraco ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Both. Upgrades have no effect on how fast stuff goes into voting.

• I would argue the opposite

I am a L12 Agent & L40 GO player

My Ingress nominations get approved and added ingame way faster than my GO nominations

There is no diff at all in how I am submitting stuff so something is happening in backend in how voting works

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Yea, I see no difference in nominations thru Ingress and PoGO. I nominate on both platforms that are tied to the same Wayfarer email. A friend who plays PoGO only makes nominations aside me. There is no discernable difference in the length of time they take for approval.

• I had a random nomination take a month or two with an upgrade. My guess is randomly selected for Niantic to review? I've had no difference between PoGo/Ingress upgrades though, not that I'm sure I used any from PoGo.

• PoGo upgrades once applied hit voting in hours and maybe even get a decision within a day.

What is a PoGo upgrade?

Upgrades and voting depend on the number of people voting in a given cell, as well as the existing density of the sub-cell. Higher density areas will take longer to get into the Voting pool.