Goodbye Andrew

edited December 2019 in General

Agents, 

As you all know, December 30th is Andrew’s very last day as Ingress Global Community Manager. We would like to ask you to light up Beacons for him, on his last day at work. 

Share pictures with us on social media and the community forum by using #BeaconsForAndrew

Andrew, 

From all of your Vanguards around the globe, we want to extend our most heartfelt thanks for the work that you have done for this game and its community. We believe we can all agree that your tenure as GCM has ushered in the Golden Age of Ingress. With all your work and the player initiatives you created, you gave us a voice, stood by us and fought for us. Ingress is better because of  your positive influence.

It has been an absolute honour working with you in the Vanguard program. Words can't really express our gratitude for the trust you afforded us. We hope to continue your legacy and help grow what you've created here. You are much loved and highly respected, and your presence will be sorely missed.

We wish you nothing but the best in your future Andrew.

For those about to hack, we salute you!

AleRev

ATR0P0S

Azhreia

BeetlePie

blackmiffy

BlueThug

Claudija

DIEdoll

DLKoikingu

DocApe

enunez

fabnick

Fenyok

foxsway

Hhhipppo

hirotakes

hongmiidorii

IkaruMaru

Jund0w

k1platinum

K4l3v

LuDGeRBriNk

MandoMerc

mm207a

Mymph

MysticalGnu

OndermanCZ

pinesinger

Polarantics

roadrunn3r

to1027me

VAIN

VanJeffery

Vorticity

webwires

Post edited by OndermanCZ on
Tagged:

Comments

• again....I am flabbergasted...also happy to have meeting you a couple of times and had some good laughs about various things. Wishing you the best of luck..... still playing the movie.....in mind.... watching you walk on clogs..we have learned a lot from you Andrew !!!! always in our harts..not goodbye...but see you later ;-)

• Goodbye Andrew and thanks by all your help during this years.

-MatiasM20

• Dear Andrew,

Some of your AMA were tolerable pre-Prime.

Afterwards, I have no idea how you concocted such garbage support of the flagship product like you did - that took some guts.

Thank goodness you're jumping ship early, I hope you find better opportunities soon!

Ps. You'll always be the one that got away.

• BGracaBGraca ✭✭✭

Andrew Krug is a name totally related to INGRESS.

There is nothing that will separate the past history from the future. The name is a part of the game history and represent all the players in the community.

One Beacon for Andrew is a small taken of appreciation for all that he worked for a game that we love.

Medal For Andrew Krug. ( FREE )

Um Abraço, Até já

BGraca

• Andrew! Are you leaving?

So, go then.

We can sunk this ship alone!

😉

• Dear Andrew,

It's difficult to put into words how I feel today. You have truly exemplified the spirit of Ingress in many many ways. You understand the game and the community on a deeper level than any of your colleagues, and have advocated for the benefit of the players with fierce integrity. The game has changed but your commitment to us never did, and for that I am deeply grateful. Thank you for putting that target on my back and letting me help. It's been a wild ride.

pinesinger ❤️

• Andrew, we need to talk about the Resistance agents and the Future of Ingress event!

I'll become the Vanguard program in the first place! But, now, we have a Ingress family reunion and my journey, hope, goals, missions, destiny and dream is to about the most powerful being in the universe and secret agents!

And what I'm say is we miss you so much, cause you're the best blue team agents that we ever have! And we'll always be with you, and we love you so much!

And we walked you at all!

jv090791

#BeaconsForAndrew

#BaconsForAndrew 🥓

• Dear Andrew,

I'm usually good with words, but this time I just can't find the right ones. Perhaps because there isn't such thing. Even though we only crossed paths twice and we actually spoke just once I'm very sad to see you go. You were pretty amazing and you were always incredibly engaged with the whole ingress community.

I'm really going to miss your answers, your posts, your pics when meeting agents. I still remember the first time we met, you said you recognised my face because I had been posting my journey to camp Navarro. I felt so honoured that you were actually paying attention!! That made me feel that you really cared about agents experiences and their own way to live the game.

I'm sure whatever you do next you'll do great. You'll take with you a lot of good feelings and to s of people sending you good vibes from all over the world. And, although I'm sad that you leave, I'm also happy that you are beginning a new journey!

We'll miss you!!

Lots of Love,

CataCat

• 1C0m4u1C0m4u ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Fair winds and calm seas.. @Icom4u said that...peace and puppies

• edited December 2019

Andrew! This is @hongmiidorii

I may not have met you in person, but still it was such a great experience working with you as Vanguard. 

Thank you for your constant devotion to ingress community. The warm heart, constructive ideas, and dedication that you showed could never be replaced. I promise we will do our best to keep what you left behind.

I want to make these four years longer if I could, but I also want to bless your next journey.

Good luck, friend!

Hope to meet you in person someday.

Post edited by hongmiidorii on
  • Fair Winds and Following Sea 🌅

• edited December 2019

Truly a sad day for the community, as I’ve said, you’ve taught us so many things and we really couldn’t ask for more. You have shown us what true objectivity really means. Words are not enough to attest to your courage and strength of character to keep our community running with passion and we’ll always be grateful for your generosity and understanding. You once said that we should not let anyone affect us despite their many criticisms because we will never be able to take back our actions against them once we let them get to us. 

I salute you, hats off and I lay my scanner for you Mr. Andrew Krug as an ode to all the wonderful years I’ve spent with you as an agent, and as one of your vanguards. Thank you Andrew.

💚💙❤️

• Thank you for everything Andrew, this feels worse than losing an anomaly even.

I haven't met you in person, but I have seen how dedicated you are to making ingress better.

I wish you luck & hope u could visit Maldives sometime soon, I still got a lot to learn from you

Thank you for being the leader of all us vanguard's and all the whole ingress community.

• お疲れ様でした。

#BeaconsForAndrew

• Goodbye Andrew and thanks by all your help during this years.

at japan Agent darkkamonohashi

• #BeaconsForAndrew

• #BeaconsForAndrew

Thank you so much Andrew, I will miss you for leaving Niantic.

• Thank you, Agent @RedSoloCup for everything you done for Ingress and community. This may your last day working as GCM. We will miss you. Hope the path you chosen will be the best. #BeaconsForAndrew

Agent Aunarisk, Bangkok / Samut Prakan - Thailand

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@RedSoloCup farewell, don't let those pesky Shapers and N'Zeer bite.

Hope you will come back again one day