We need more standalone Mission Days!

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Anomalies unite people on a continental scale. First Saturdays unite people on city/region scale. Quite organically, Mission Days were uniting people on a country scale. With standalone MD applications gone, this intermedium is gone.

People now have two options.

1) To book flight tickets most probably to another country once in a quarter. Not so many people can even afford travelling to another country. There's little chance their country will get anomalous city.

2) To go to the FS in their city.

The third option was to travel, again once in a quarter or two, inside their country, on an MD.

While MD was gathering hundreds of people all around the country (Ukraine in my case), and even from the outside, the IFS events usually have 10.5 local people present.

I don't believe that in today's times, Kyiv Resistance would book a whole train carriage for whopping 125 agents to go to FS as they did when going to Dnipro Mission Day. Why would they, if their city has FS too?

The standalone Mission Days were providing that kind of uniqueness and country-wide connecting feel. They should be brought back.

Tagged:

Comments

• I fully agree. In Europe at least Mission Days were the place to meet agents from all over the country, neighboring countries and even beyond. And of course to see cities I have never been before. For me it had become my favorite activity in Ingress with over 100 visited, some countries like the Ukraine I visited for the first time. With the demise of standalone mission days, the international chats have become quiet. There are still lots of possible cities with players willing to organize Mission Days, please bring them back!

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Mission Day is my favorite Ingress event. It is unfortunate that they have stopped having them outside of anomaly weekends. I've been to 12 and really want to get to onyx, and would keep going even after that.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Since only 1 so far anomaly in Germany may 2020, there better be external mission days next year otherwise i dont know....

I still think NIA should combine FS with external mission days and or Field Tests / Hexathlons somehow ? Then it could be more stuff to do that day because FS as it is today is kinda dull and boring... but add a mission day would make it more interesting perhaps ?