How could this be a featured wayspot?

Comments

• LOL I was just about to post the same thing; also check out this one

Remember Niantic has said

1) Vote NO to Farms

2) Vote NO to Generic Businesses

3) Vote NO to Seasonal / Non Permanent

So somehow a Farmers Stall which is only open during summer / fall months is a Featured Waypoint (its not even one that has been opened for years its a new one est 1997 according to sign)

Explanation anyone???

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Seasonal refers to things like decorations such as Christmas Decorations. A farmers market itself is not a farm.... also not a generic business as its a collective that sports locally grown produce. Thus its a local hotspot.

Just because something is not open all year doesnt make it seasonal/temporary.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

2) Vote NO to Generic Businesses

That is actually not correct. Niantic has stated in the Potentially Confusing Nominations page of Wayfarer help section that generic local business don't meet criteria on their own, but must have historical/cultural value, community significance, or distinctive architecture. In short, eligibility is not inherent by mealy existing. However, if that "generic business" meets any of the conditions listed under Eligible Nomination page, particularly those listed under the hidden gem and local attractions section, it may be a Wayspot.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont really like to pick on areas that may not have the money to have brand new play equipment. The featured wayspot is randomly chosen from recently approved nominations.

The picture isn't great but it shows the playground so it isn't bad enough to be rejected. I don't really see what the problem is other than the Showcase being a a fairly useless feature.

• 1) featured spots are all automated by their computers. I don't get why these are shocking to people when they're meh candidates.

2) @GodZillaz88 the guide says no PRIVATE farms. There are many portals to farms that are open to the public and have significance locally.