When will the dates and cities of anomaly 2020?

2»

Comments

• Niantic simply kills this unprofitable project. ALL HAIL POKEMONS!

• I've been holding off for months booking some other engagements this winter hoping for the Anomaly schedule to be announced and that I would be able to participate in both. I'm now getting flack for not having booked my other flights as of yet. Can you please release the schedule already? there are hundreds of other agents dealing with the same anxiety and real life pressures. We love this game and want to participate but it is extremely difficult and unfair to expect agents to be able to drop everything. Then we have an overwhelming wave of sadness, disappointment and anxiety for everyone who ends up unable to participate.

Please do better. We know you can.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so just one anomaly now it seems and its 6 months there... o wow

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

I am expecting a subsequent announcement unless plot reasons demand otherwise. I think that only one anomaly in Europe for 15€ in a country where that is a known legal problem is inherently a problem.

edited December 2019

Another (deliberately done?) question is this is over a bank holiday ( Brits are moving May Day in 2020) weekend for much of Europe. Can the Europeans who watch this board advise as to how big an issue holding anomaly same weekend as the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day is?

The concern is would this be the equivalent of holding an anomaly the day after Independence day , a day where public transport is shut down, or merely Black Friday ( day after Thanksgiving in America) where foot traffic is higher than normal.

Has Niantic failed on multiple levels doing things this way?

I am expecting subsequent announcements when Niantic has realized they have stepped in it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

im not from germany so i cant comment on their holidays etc, but if its a mayor holiday then that day alot of shops etc might be closed down so that doesnt sound to me like a good idea hosting anomaly that day, not sure ??

Understood. I am not from Europe, but anything that makes it easier for me not to go because of overlooking something basic ( ex. Holding a New Orleans anomaly during Mardi gras season), is a problem.

• It's not a bank holiday in Bavaria. Some commemoration ceremonies should be expected, but on Friday, and the main ones would be in Berlin. So I don't think this will be a problem.

• Chicago's anomaly took place over Memorial Day, which is a big deal for the US. Public transport wasn't shut down. I think it's fine to have anomalies on holiday weekends unless there's some reason why the host city is going to be unusually crowded. Mardi Gras in Las Vegas is certainly an example of that.

• What about the anomaly of Valencia?

Thanks for the clarification. I have to think about logistics and anything that makes air fares a larger consideration( from America it's already fringe unworkable because of the air fares) makes going harder.

Still holding out hope that this was only the first announcement with more surprises after the holidays after the reaction.