A park of faked portals.

ForteForte ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

I flagged a nomination for abuse while reviewing on WayFarer because the nomination was a sign someone had just leaned up against a tree and wasn't actually a part of the park. It was pretty obviously home made and a quick look around the area where it was submitted showed a TON of these very obviously fake looking portals that have already made it though.

If there is someone local to this area that can go check it out, these look like they need removed but I admitedly can't be totally sure from intel alone.

This is the intel link for the area.

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?z=18&pll=40.83837%2C-84.945616&ll=40.83837%2C-84.945616&fbclid=IwAR125b77JEeNcfsafzYJ9hbpUCe02PF1tty5Pysw7blHq6TijzJgZvo3iM0

This is screenshot of the nomination I rejected as abuse.

Tagged:

Comments

• Presets?

• Looks like someone's getting reported himself.

• @NianticBrian @NianticCasey thoughts on presets? 🤔

• ForteForte ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Lol, are ya'll going to report me for IITC next 🤣? Everyone has their own presets in their own heads, There are a lot of very repetitive reviews. I just like to be able to work efficiently. It's so much easier than browsing the "what is it" section each time. I'm still taking the time to make sure my reviews are as accurate as anyone else's. I went looking for the plugin so I could change wayfarer to dark mode, and give me the keyboard shortcuts to do my reviewing with. (I do most of my reviewing without moving my hand off the 10-key section) But the presets came with it so I've set up a few for when the nomination is an example of what we've all seen many times over.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

While you're here can you show us a screenshot of how wayfarer+ shows your agreements? It tells you how many have actually reached a decision right?

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Cemeteries are 3* now? Accepted, not accepted, then accepted only if historical value, now it's OK again? Ehh, FAQ isn't helpful. Too much back and forth Niantic. No wonder Wayfarer is a mess.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure that cemetaries should be rejected unless they are historically significant, such the numerous WW1/WW2 cemeteries or Arlington.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certain "historic" cemeteries in Canada have "UEL" or "United Empire Loyalist" plaques or markers.

But a minor reminder here, that even for non-historic cemeteries, there are no reasons to reject things in the cemetery, such as fountains or gazebos or what-have-you.

• More people must be using a 3* or higher preset in my area for cemeteries. Right now there is a “non-historic” rural cemetery in my Showcase of new Wayspots that I’m pretty sure I voted 1* on.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep seeing cemeteries I submitted back in 2013 or early 2014 that was rejected due to Niantic changing the rules on it, getting accepted before pogo wayfarer came out. After pogo wayfarer it's hard to figure out who is accepting the utter junk. But...easier pioneer and explorer and niantic doesnt care. Sooo....