Ingress Subscription

VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

We have read the news that they are working on a subscription method for ingress, which would bring very good results in all aspects, if it is well implemented, since the expected result would be:

1.- end spoofers once and for all.

2.- expand the inventory and have better game options

3.- Improve the system of research and technical support.

This means that Ingress would no longer be free. pay for login.

You would have to pay for a subscription to be able to login to the system. and you will not be able to create parallel accounts, new account, new subscription, new payment. and if it is detected and that software was used to modify the GPS location, the account will be canceled, only with that type of strong rules, many problems would be avoided and Niantic would save the current problems with loyal players who leave the game for that cause.

Those who really like the game are the ones we would pay to build our territory and defend it, legally and in a fun way, real players, not ghosts, or kamikases, or spoofers. I think it is a good decision of niantic, but if is well implemented or better, but the game has to stop being free for everyone in order to end the cheating that has taken away their loyal players, and I include me with them, I I would gladly pay for that subscription and upgrade of the account, as long as Niantic guarantees us that we will play without spoofers, if not, there is no business. and here everything came, and I would not pay for the subscription, because it would be the same, we would have the same problem but with more upgrades for the spoofers and that is not business, that is my opinion, and count on me to continue improving the game, now It is your choice, or we save our dear ingress, or they end up damaging it for loyal players.

Comments

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

that means will still be free to create new free accounts , that means spoofer accounts , remember this Niantic , no free accounts , no spoofers. The End.

• The subscription is optional...you won't be forced to pay to play

I am sure I will at least try the subscription to see how I like it...but if they force people to pay to play the game they might as well shut down the severs now...it would be over

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

The actual model of subscription is wrong

The current subscription model is only to have more objects in the inventory and what is the use when you have spoofers that will lay your anchors directly and laugh at the comm, and once you report them, Niantic does nothing, it Do you realize the mistake you have in the game? , the game is literally ruined, wherever you see it, the option of pay to login, would force loyal players, serious players and those who enjoy putting together their zones, the community events of the 2 factions to fall in love again of the game, since it is currently undergoing a process of abandonment or divorce, since there are too many players who abuse the security faults of Niantic, pogo and ingress and are literally ruining the company, at least I have lost a lot of confidence in niantic, since it does not solve their security errors, that is why any young person with some notion of phone hacking can make horrors in this game and that is a lack of respect from Niantic to his players

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

What actual method? It wasn't released yet. Nobody get any clue of how it's gonna be. All we have is just a vague comment from Brian. You nuts?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

So if spoofers will buy subscription for more items that would be ok ? im a bit worried over this....

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

You know I understand you, and so many players have felt the same, but how do you fight against the spoofers?  There is no competition, it is very unequal, and in that aspect Niantic has failed us, it has not protected us, in the aspect of fair play, it is like fighting corruption, it is very hard, the difference is that here if there can be a solution  technique .  Niantic don't let us down once again.

Paying to play won't prevent cheat. But maybe it will help them work in better efficiency on preventing it.

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

if they give us a preference like for example, special attention in the reports, strike one ban for spoofers in our reports, and if a spoofer destroy a field, NIA OPS rebuilds it, then sound more like VIP

Yes, priority on customer service support would be appreciated.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I completely miss the part where paying for a sub prevents players from spoofing.

• It might just have the opposite result. Why ban a player with subscription that spoofs a bit, if the money keeps rolling in? You don't really care about the free player that made the report anymore

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Two things subscriptions should definitely include: Free Participation in Anomalies, onsite and off-site, and early or discounted access to Anomaly Tangents like Portal Recon Live and

Did I miss any?

Rearrange missions medals.

Imo the worst addition they can ever do.

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

We want a spoofer free ingress

is a technical challenge

we want vip reports, 1 strike ban for spoofers

• too many subscription topics:

<<I don't think subscription based game is a good solution because a lot of players will quit. There are poor areas and countries where people can't afford to spend money for that. Because of this, I suggest to add "premium" status which would give you different benefits without change game balance. By example, 100% bonus items for hack, daily box with random rewards, a sign in front, back or both of his name to indicate in chat or profile that he/she is a game supporter, and the list could be long to attract more players to activate premium. With a right price they could earn more money from premiums than they actually earn from ingame store.>>

To reward list everything posted by @MaxflowO2 is interesting.

• I don't disagree but what I fear is that subscription players would consistently get lvl 8 gear from lvl 5 portals and or a significantly higher hack rate on VR items.

Subscription should be vanity stuff like in Warframe.

• Honestly it’s what I’ve seen people ask about the most...

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

Look, the problem here in Ecuador as in many countries is the innecuality,

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

The biggest problems Niantic has with the spoofers, is that they can create free accounts, and that is a never-ending problem, if that is regulated, the spoofers are regulated.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse me, but wouldn't that cut off new players income aswell?

Spoofing would be expensive, OK, we agree on that, but if I was a new player and was told to pay to play, I'm pretty sure I'd look for another game that was free.

I don't believe that a sub would solve any problem at all!

• Spoofers paying would be a godsend for Niantic. It is far easier to track down the owner of a credit card, or even the purchaser of a short term Visa card. And if Niantic reports the user of a Visa/Mastercard of abuse through that card, it can track it all the way back to the original payment method.

So a spoofer buying a subscription would set themselves up for losing their real account as Niantic could ban all accounts using that credit card or payment method, or all payments from a specific person.

I really hope spoofers pay for a subscription, but if they're barely intelligent, they won't.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

has niantic reached a decision regarding this yet?