Farewell Agents! - RedSoloCup

Comments

• Thanks for your time, Andrew! The community is gonna feel empty without you, but I hope you move onto greater things!

• Thank you for what you did for Ingress!

I'm not sure if I should hit the Like to show that I care for you to stay, or hit the Disagree as disagreement in an attempt to make you stay.

• M42M42 ✭✭✭

Ohh that's sad news Andrew, you were a great CM, I met you in both Brisbane and Melbourne and you really looked to be enjoying the job.

I wish you all the best in the next chapter of your life. I hope you can get back to playing Ingress again. Maybe Recurse to Blue? :)

• I never had the opportunity to meet you in person Andrew, but I know you are a living, breathing example of the great GCM! Keep that passion and the lessons you learned here in your next adventure and I am sure you will do well!

Beat regards and we will miss you!

• Although I never interacted with you, I could see your influence on the community and how much of an impact you had. Your conversations on the Essex channel were informative and amusing.

Let’s hope this isn’t a side effect of being in that Tecthulu you were in

I wish you the best on your journey.

• Thanks for all your hard work, and pleasant demeanor. It was great to see you at anomalies and Camp Navarro.

all the best for your future endeavors.

• What can I say that hasn't been said?

When you come back home to visit Wisconsin, look us up during FS in AM01-J01. Your fan base in Oshkosh, Appleton, Green Bay, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, and Fond du Lac would love to hang.

Good luck!

• DoomsidoodeedooDoomsidoodeedoo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

It's sad to see someone who so clearly loved the game and the people go.

Gonna share a few blips of almost stream of consciousness memories for you!

I remember early in Ingress, I was intimidated by folks who made content for the game, including all yall with Behind the Scanner. I got the unexpected opportunity to talk to Kelly before Ingress Obsessed and found her tremendously kind and sharp. That helped me feel less intimated by the content creators. These folks were just very passionate, and willing & able to generate material for the collective community!

Later, a Texas barcode friend, who went to the Oakland anomaly, was like, "Hey Doomsi, come hang out with my friend Andrew, there's something coming up for him with Nia, just come hang out." I had just flown from Miami to that anomaly from one trip into another, and had twisted BOTH ankles, but still helped captain a team. That combination of things, though, had really taken its toll so I ultimately declined to go die in my hotel with some ice. My friend Millie had gone to that anomaly, and I think she still has the bed portal key we both could reach. We wore green glyph face paint, green ribbons for a fallen agent, and our green Texas flags as capes.

The AMAs you did were a big shift for Ingress. Prior, it often felt like we as players were just talking to a brick wall. Even acknowledgement that we'd been heard would have been something. It was frustrating, too, to feel like only the privileged with hidden channels to people in the company might have a hope of being heard. Despite agents being the ones in daily play, the general feeling through public channels and reporting seemed to be a haughty, 'the players are wrong, they just like to complain, they'll get over it, etc.' The AMAs and improved community communication in general gave people hope and an outlet for confusion, sharing ideas, or just having human moments that felt ignored before. Thank you for guiding that shift. Genuinely. Thank you.

Camp Navarro events, anomalies, missions, hearing and seeing the human side of it all... there are many parts of this game you touched for the better.

Thanks for roaming about with us in Austin on our Recursion Prime team! It was fun to have you with us. I remember our team kept meeting old friends as other teams shifted in the playbox by us; or newer, eager faces as well. Pete and I recursed together that day. I remember being pretty tired from around the clock dead drop hunting with Carnage. Like many things, there was such a network of good memories all connected.

While you step away from work at Niantic, I hope you can find unbridled fun in the game. No PR, no answering frustrated outcries or pass agg lines of questions. Just go out and go ham!

Or rest. Who knows. Lol. Just take care!

Post edited by Doomsidoodeedoo on
  • ¡Gracias por todo, Andrew! Hope we can still meet again in some anomaly or Mission Day. Good vibes from Peru and your friends from Latam. 💚🇵🇪

• GChekGChek ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Farewell Andrew~ Thank you for your contributions and support of all players (both Res & Enl) all the best in your new venture.

• Good luck, Andrew.. and thanks for all the fish. 👍

• atomicbenatomicben ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Thanks for all your effort these many years. Many fond memories crossing paths with you, but for me it was our chat at Via Lux Toronto. You really held true to your enthusiasm and love for the game. Not that we had any doubt! Good luck out there **** !

• Buona fortuna, Andrew!

• fumisofumiso ✭✭✭

Hello, Andrew.

One of my impressive memories of meeting you in Yokohama and Nagano NL-1331 in Japan

I hope your next stage is wonderful

Thank you Andrew. :)

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck man, and thanks for all your patience.

• Thank you, Andrew.

I will remember your parting words of advice.

• Hope life treats you well from here on out @RedSoloCup. It's been a delight having a person here to help clarify things for us (especially OPR/Wayfarer), and take on things all over the world.

I truly hope the course you're on was you're choosing. Losing you in the midst of PoGo gaining nominations is going to make things more tough on Niantic than they would probably ever admit.

Don't be a stranger here and on reddit! Best of luck in all future endeavors. P.S. I think of this every time you post, even if it was white.

• Thank you so much for all that you've done .

I will remember what you said

"You don’t need to hit the enter key on every message you type. Choose your words wisely and be constructive. Accept and embrace all the things that make us unique and different from one another. The world is not a perfect place and people are inherently fallible -- including myself."

Wish you well.

• As a GCM, you cared and it was evident. Thank you for the difference you made in the game. Thank you for bringing the human aspects into game play to help us all realize there is a real life behind each agent's name. As you journey into your new adventures, may the wind be at your back pushing you along into the next stage of your life. Take care Agent!

• Thanks for all your hard work Andrew, especially for doing those AMAs. Your job seemed very challenging and you approached it with humor and kindness. Good luck with the new adventures ahead of you!

• I'll raise a red beacon for you Andrew!

• I just finish read all of your farewell letter from beginning to the end.... and feel frightened.

I very thank you for everything you done for the community. You just already choose your path. And I hope you will have a good luck for every step and way you walk along in future. We will miss you. I was very nice to meet you.

Hope I can found Agent @RedSoloCup on the battlefield again.

Agent Aunarisk.

Bangkok / Samut Prakan , Thailand.

• +1

• This might be a start of a revolt. Watch out! Red Faction coming December 31st. ;)

• Thanks for everything you’ve done for the Ingress community, and good luck in your future endeavors.

• Ktulu789Ktulu789 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

On the last months I was thinking how silent you were and when I saw Brian taking more presence in the community and his responses I really started missing you (Brian is a great guy, don't take me wrong!). Even the last AMAs with "cooperation" from the team felt like you were preparing to leave. I don't know how but I felt it. I hope you did a great job in preparing them and connect them to the game, telling the devs to actually try and play the game, for real. Not just 10 mins to see if it loads up xD. Tell them to feel the game, to go out and field a city. To see the real deal. And to feel the community. We used to love this (not a) game so much more before. The Decoding Challenges are a blast though! And I will keep preparing FS though I barely open the sca...Prime (doesn't deserve that glorious name, I miss the real XM Scanner xD, prime IS a game).

I love also the Backstory and the Anime, you all are making a great job there. We'll have to wait for the game to work someday. Without you it's gonna be harder. You will be missed. I miss Behind The Scanner (and another guy, IncredibleHulk) hope those come back some day :D

What's gonna happen to your League Of Ingress Agents? Please! Enable that group! xD

So much thank you and the very best wishes for you next adventure! I wish you could post something about what's coming to your life!

I'll miss you so very much, you, your green beard, your great insight, your Mighty Lasagna (you can post the recipe here, we won't tell. Enlighten us!), your AMAs, YOURSELF. Thanks for being so awesome!

As SerpentZA always says: stay awesome (I'm sure you will!)!

• Thank you Andrew.

Good luck!