Hank Johnson medal loadout available in the Store

123457»

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

@Perringaiden I wouldn't prefer neither just as I don't prefer raising inventory cap. There's so many other things rather than making subscribed and free people uneven in the field. As a simplest example, you can include changing player avatar to any of the 3 announced for the subscription time. It's just cosmetics (while I don't like that phrase too because it's really valuable part of the game for some people but I'd agree with that, still). Just add more cosmetics, some stuff like reordering medals, custom player icon in profile, some scanner skins with different colors... Why this should necessary include something that will impact other people gameplay (I'm talking about more inventory space)?

• When put that way fair enough it totally makes sense why it won't be changed anytime soon, thanks for re-explaining.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Does that clear it up?

Thanks, but Brian's reply was sufficient. The thing is, if he'd responded in the first place with "I take your point but because of limited engineering resources we don't feel that's a top priority right now" then that would have been a perfectly reasonable response - but what he actually said was "We aren’t going to do yet another key locker in the short term" which made it sound like he'd missed the point.

In order to allow people with the Black locker to purchase all 5 of the other lockers, would require them to either write special code or raise the limit to 6.

Silly question, which I can't test because I already have all 6: is it currently possible to buy more than one locker of the same colour? If not, then the limit of 5 is not actually required.

Part of the uproar at the time was that people weren't told that if they claimed the special locker first then they would no longer be eligible to buy the 5-pack. It's a bit late for that now but it'd be nice in theory if that were fixed, no?

• edited December 2019

Part of the uproar at the time was that people weren't told that if they claimed the special locker first then they would no longer be eligible to buy the 5-pack. It's a bit late for that now but it'd be nice in theory if that were fixed, no?

In the list of "Things to do", yes, it should be fixed so that people who got the 6th locker can get the benefit of having it.

In the list of "Things to do NOW in PRIME", yeah, no. Not a high priority.

• @1valdis At some point people are going to have to accept that fact that we need to financially support our gameplay. But to do that, a subscription has to be worth something. Will it mean there's a disparity in people's experience? Yes. Will inventory expansion be significant? No. We've needed an expansion for years, to support those players who want to play far more than they can, and every advancement has gone into making hacking easier and portals tougher, yet the 2000 inventory caps that so that your attacking of portals takes longer, and your hacking overflows before you can really get use out of the advancements.

I can get 800 bursters out of 1 round of frackers on a good day. Occasionally, I need a second one if I'm really low on gear. That's great, but it means you still have to organize everyone to come back again multiple times in a week if you want to make the most of the game.

• if you can't change all this in 20 minutes, it's really bad code. if it's not bad code, then they just don't want to.

either way, they're more focused on subscriptions than recursion benefits, what makes you think they'll place any effort in the gameplay experience beyond what keeps bringing the bucks?

• It can't be changed in 20 minutes, because it's not just raising the value to 6.

either way, they're more focused on subscriptions than recursion benefits, what makes you think they'll place any effort in the gameplay experience beyond what keeps bringing the bucks?

I always thought the "recursion benefits" idea was horrible and am still waiting for new levels. That said, Niantic is a business with investors. Why shouldn't they at least break even on Ingress?

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Convince me why Hank Johnson should be the first purchased face medal on my profile.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

@Perringaiden

Will it mean there's a disparity in people's experience? Yes.

No. You just have to think about it more and make it properly. To exclude cases like I told, with a subscription guy full of Aegis running around on an Anomaly. But to exclude this case for a day to day gameplay, you have to exclude inventory expansion at all from subscription. Or make it available to everyone free. Subscription and no subscription agents should be equally capable in the field, that's the point. If that is different we're going to see people convincing other people purchasing the subscription under the pretext of winning an anomaly. This shouldn't happen.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see why having more items storage would benefit you all that much when you have thousands of players running around.

Everyone has a certain amount of items gathered in advance. People already have codes stashed away from load out cards they can use. Did you notice you played people that "called in gear" through passcodes during anomalies? Nope. Because it doesn't matter all that much.

Nobody uses up all their items. People are exaggerating this whole thing so much, just stop already.

• And so this becomes as useless as all the other ideas. You have to make it worthwhile or all Niantic is doing is asking people to throw money at them for no reason. People don't pay to have someone who doesn't pay get the exact same benefits.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hank is a big guy. You don't want to get on his bad side by disrespecting his medal!

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I thought of this reason immediately after seeing the other thread.

• I know your working hard to find ways to "make Ingress more sustainable" but here is my take on this and future similar bundles:

I used to enjoy collecting the reseacher medals. The biocards and the medals in the scanner. The biocards with the codes still have a prominent position in my biocard albums. Always getting a few extra packages at anomalies so I had some spares to trade with other agents at the next anomaly so I could get my hands on the ones from the locations I could'nt go to. The hunt for theese unredeemed cards where exciting and meeting likeminded agents more so. This made them special, it required something more then just throwing money at it. When you changed it into digital bundles this all went away for me, now I suddenly could have all of the current ones by just spending some $$$ in the store.. and with that all my enjoyment evaporated. Now seeing some of the more rare reseacher badges in agents profiles no longer intriques me. Instead of making me curious on the story behind how and where they aquired then, it no longer stirrs any intrest, they are turning into a boring pricetags. "Look at me, I spent $$$ on some pixels"

This also reflects my interest in this new bundle. This together with the price hike on frackers has caused me to spend way less money on Ingress this last year then the previous ones.

This may seem like just a rant but my intentions is just trying to help you understand why your current decisions on making Ingress more sustainable has had the opposite effect on me. I don't know how representative I am among the playerbase but I hope this information can be helpful.

• Depending on what medals show up I'll definitely buy em. Personally not all that interested in all the character medals but everyone is different on that. Some want all of them no matter what.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• You shall have known what more inventory means in XMA events

• Read up. Extra inventory means i go home with even more unused bursters from an anomaly.

Not that we're ever going to have any anomalies any more, at least ones we can attend.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like you don't really hear me. There are ways to make it "worthwhile" while keeping agents equally capable in the field.

• You keep saying that, but you're failing to provide examples.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope next month there will be a blue badge for res players, kinda not interested buying badges that are green... better give us 2 badges each month so both factions can have an option to buy. Like next month maybe give us ADA/Jahan or something ?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019