Portal EDITS are taking TOO LONG!

Greetings:

I believe that Portal edits are taking far too long to have reviewed compared to their new submission counterparts. I have a village public library for example that has been in que for almost a full year now. Its clearly marked and visible in street view at its correct street but it's still under review.

I have seen edit reviews with 10+ suggested locations, multiple new descriptions, etc. Can the que not be flushed out somehow? have the threshold for required agreements lowered to consider the restricted area that reviews edits?

Thank you for your time and attention.

BadWolf

Comments

• Dazzz12345Dazzz12345 ✭✭✭

I agree they take far too long maybe a similar system needs to be in place like upgrades. More edits you do the faster your own edit get pushed up.

• Dazzz12345Dazzz12345 ✭✭✭

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

Portal edits are I believe dependent on how many local reviewers there are. In the city I live in it ranges from 10 months to a year to get a response. Of late we have actually shortened the review time because the newer pokemon go / ingress players are aiming for 12 of late and are helping to clear this out. The only thing I think we can do is encourage more reviewing by other agents.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

It is a problem. Part of the problem is so many edits. Especially on a portal when I've seen 6 different locations but still in the same area. If you are like me, you hit the skip button and move on. I understand why those take so long. Some of the other edits should be straightforward and returned back quickly.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

In my area the usual time is faster than a new submission, about 2 weeks or less. But this is for when I believe there is only two options to vote and the right answer is obvious.

If there is to many edits too close will lead to doubts and take longer until one get the minimum vote amount.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never gotten a portal edit through without contacting Niantic directly. Never! I think they are completely ignored.

• LemoMcLemonFaceLemoMcLemonFace ✭✭✭✭

Surely skipping is adding to the length of time they are taking, possibly getting / causing more edits to be put in because of the lack of response.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

How many edits have you, and possibly other players, submitted?

I've seen edits with as many as 10 possible locations, all of which look to be possible. With an edit like that reviewers will either pick an arbitrary one, or say "don't know". So chances are that there will not be enough agreement about those edits.