top decoder time cannot be correct

"Randomizax: 1 decoded, total time 0 days 00:00:00"

So... he solved it the instant it was released to us?

Tagged:

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it was one of the researchers?

• This makes me very curious to my actual time, instead of how much longer than the first one I took (and probably others as well)

Maybe try a different format? Or also add an option to see people's individual times?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

You already get this info under 'Individual results'.

• Ktulu789Ktulu789 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Individual results show time of decoding not amount of time since challenge release, which considering Niantic's punctuality might differ from announced publication time.

You know: when double AP starts three hours later than announced xD

More informational would be

*Publication time

*Agents individual amounted time since publication time.

Really hour zero for first decode seems not useful.

Let's add on top that Niantic tells us to redeem by Intel (thankfully I didn't) and they can't retrieve the complete list afterwards for the ones who actually followed the rules...

So yeah, probably that 0 time is wrong too. And that was not the first solver 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Total solve time since publication is more useful. Period. xD

<Insert aliens guy meme... but saying Niantic>

• Your actual solve time for the individual puzzle is listed but not the overall score board. Search for "Individual Results"

• Most of this isn't useful.

The individual solve time is listed below. Stage solve time isn't particularly important, but the publication time can be found here in the forum if you really desire to compare.

Yes there were errors with intel. They acknowledged it, it sucks, but all we can do is move on. The leaderboard calculates the best 8 scores over the 13 puzzles so move on.

All of the times recorded are accurate from my perspective.

• MaxflowO2MaxflowO2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

May not be useful but I do love the memes so here we go....

• entronentron ✭✭✭

No we should *not* just "move on"

They messed up yes. Errors happen yes.

But they should correct them, manually if need be.

Ok they may not be able to technically get the correct time automatically (why absolutely beats me though).

But they do know we have the media. So add all those that write to support, have the media but aren't on the leaderboard with the time the bug was fixed.

The time will be wrong sure but, now that the first challenge doesn't count for the overall score that would be acceptable for me.

Not being on the scoreboard at all (when hundreds that used a leaked code with zero effort) is not acceptable.

We should not "move on" but hold Niantic to high standards.

All decent companies fix their mistakes as best as is technically possible and offer compensation when they cannot.

• It's not possible to correct it. We've been told that. Niantic did make an adjustment and has come up with a plan to include everyone including those that had the error.

None of those people using leaked passcodes will be near the top of the leaderboard when these 13 weeks are done as long as the leaker isnt an early solver. If you deserve to be there, you will be there on merit. This one puzzle missing from a few of my friends will be the difference of a few places, not the end of the world.

• entronentron ✭✭✭

No we've been told it is not possible to recover the *exact times*.

It *is* possible to find all those who have the media but are not on the list but without the time.

Those people, by definition, redeemed before the bug was corrected (which was some time in the first 24 to 36 hours I think.)

So it would be possible to add everyone at that time. It's not ideal but would be acceptable.